• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Is it really a competitive game to warrant that many sales though? What I'm trying to say is...I'm pretty positive that not even 50% of the people who buy Pokemon, buy it to compete.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Very very true bored, but how many people buy MvC and play it competitively?

Granted it has a MUCH bigger fanbase and scene as well but do you get what I mean? The main thing about pokemon is battling your friends in pokemon battles.

Speaking of competitive fighting:

I was playing Soku with jam again, I've significantly improved to the point i can take games from jam now. All i needed to do was work on air combos + pressure game and now i can use mindgames to carry me :D

EDIT: Now that i think of, now that there is random wifi, pokemon IS more like CoD and madden and whatever.. its all for the online multiplayer now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't see MvC as a reasonable comparison. There have been 3 MvCs in what...10+ years? How many Pokemon games (not just the DS/GBA) have come out since then? Yeah, it uses their fan base to get their sales. A better comparison would be CoD.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Ussi, I forgot to mention a basic Youmu air combo I do (which also works with Marisa and probably a lot more characters, haven't tried). j5a j6a/j8a j6c 44 j5a j6a/j8a. Use j6a when right next to the opponent, and j8a if they're slightly above. The timing between the 44 and j5a is important in landing the next j6a/j8a. Practice using dashes instead of flight (since Youmu's flight eats up the most spirit out of most of the cast if not everyone else) and using moves almost immediately after/time attacks to hit. Yeah, you'll probably be better than me soon. I also need to stop going into IaMP mode when I play Suika. Sen, where are you? Come join us.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Torn between whether to get Skyrim or MW3 for 360. I could get both, but it'd be a case of "this one for now, the other you can get later." I feel like I might get LoD Skyward Sword a few days after it's release, as well. Time will tell.
:pinkiepie:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi, I forgot to mention a basic Youmu air combo I do (which also works with Marisa and probably a lot more characters, haven't tried). j5a j6a/j8a j6c 44 j5a j6a/j8a. Use j6a when right next to the opponent, and j8a if they're slightly above. The timing between the 44 and j5a is important in landing the next j6a/j8a. Practice using dashes instead of flight (since Youmu's flight eats up the most spirit out of most of the cast if not everyone else) and using moves almost immediately after/time attacks to hit. Yeah, you'll probably be better than me soon. I also need to stop going into IaMP mode when I play Suika. Sen, where are you? Come join us.
Not that used to air battling yet... I can't help using flight mode.. Dashes feel so unsafe for me.. but yea i know Youmu has expensive flight.. it only matters though if you've broken my spirit orbs

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Since we're on Soku.

It's funny because Youmu's 6a hitbox doesn't last long enough to hit Marisa out of butt bump at that point in time.

I also forgot to fix my last post and say air dashes, not normal dashes. But you probably understood what I meant.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^that right there is the story of my life in soku

also, 66/44 on the ground = d6/d4 while in the air its different so i got it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, from my perspective, im a rather large pokemon fanboy who had not previously owned any up-to-date pokemon game. as i could never afford to buy a handheld (or my parents couldnt afford it, more to the point) so it was always going to be fun to play a new pokemon game and experience the joys of picking your starter, beating the first gym, etc. for the first time

so yeah, im almost positive not even 1% of the pokemon fanbase buys it for competitive play

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I finished watching Utawarerumono and it just stopped making sense when it went from a medieval furry war anime to a
futuristic mecha science experimenting the whole with gods battling at the end anime

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea i lost interest in the anime, i forced myself to watch it to the end though since there were 6 episodes left

Gonna find a slice of life anime to watch...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Utawarerumono is a VN???

Holy crap it is!

I kept thinking, this is like a war strategy game, makes me feel like its fire emblem :D

Except its a single ending, what a pity. There goes any hype i had for it, but maybe it'll make more sense than the anime.. I'll have to give it a go when winter comes. But first thing is first, i need to play fate/night stay

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea i lost interest in the anime, i forced myself to watch it to the end though since there were 6 episodes left

Gonna find a slice of life anime to watch...
slice of life?
im sorry to say it, but ponies is pretty good as far as slice of life goes

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love dubs, cause I understand the english culture more than the japanese culture... so when the voice actors/actresses are portraying characters correctly i understand the dubs better.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Just finished playing fate/stay night. well I got to the true end of heaven's feel. I still have 2 more endings to get...
I'm not really sensitive when it comes to fiction but F/SN deeply touched me, each route in a different way.
I'll probably reread all of it again soon.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Doesn't it usually go in the other order? o.o

Hmmm does anyone have a link. I've always been curious to see what it's about lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Cooling down is nice. Warming up can legitimately hurt if you're cold enough.

There are as many ways to cool down as to warm up.
-Water
-AC
-A fan
-Freakin' fan yourself
-Sweating for all I care

To warm up, you have to put on a bunch of restricting or uncomfortable clothing. And then your face and hands still freeze, no matter what you do to prevent it.

Being cold makes you move slowly and even hurt to move your hands. ****ing TERRIBLE for musicians. I can't walk to the practice buildings and expect to get anything done in this weather.

Cold makes you tense up and shiver.

It's awful. And I can never see legitimacy in any argument that any human can make to say they'd rather live in 40 degree weather than in 90 degree weather.

Top Bottom