• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
If it's closer to an extreme, I will pick cold just because the heat really does bother me. To quote a collegehumor series, the air just feels like blankets. Thick, wool blankets. Otherwise, I'd roll with 70 degree all day, every day.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Cooling down is nice. Warming up can legitimately hurt if you're cold enough.

There are as many ways to cool down as to warm up.
-Water
-AC
-A fan
-Freakin' fan yourself
-Sweating for all I care

To warm up, you have to put on a bunch of restricting or uncomfortable clothing. And then your face and hands still freeze, no matter what you do to prevent it.

Being cold makes you move slowly and even hurt to move your hands. ****ing TERRIBLE for musicians. I can't walk to the practice buildings and expect to get anything done in this weather.

Cold makes you tense up and shiver.

It's awful. And I can never see legitimacy in any argument that any human can make to say they'd rather live in 40 degree weather than in 90 degree weather.
I've lived in -40 Degrees weather (Both in F and C), and up to 100+F/40+C.

You warm up faster than you cool off. It's also easier to protect yourself against the cold than it is the heat: you can cover yourself in a lot more layers to battle the cold, than you can remove to battle the heat.

Either situation can be fixed by indoor stuff such as heaters and acs, so remove anything that has to deal with being inside of a building or vehicle for the comparison. Drinking cold stuff outside only cools you off for a very short while. You can get gear against the cold rated to -40, and quickly frankly: if you wear that stuff you won't feel the cold much, if at all if it's warmer than that for a very long time. Technically, it's possible to bring warm drinks with you in the form of thermoses, though that doesn't work as well at the extreme end.

There is also the fact that is nothing you can do about humidity when it comes to extreme heat. That just plain old sucks.

tl;dr: I'm a Canadian that has lived in Texas. I know about both extreme heat and extreme cold, listen to me dang it. :mad:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My argument about cold and hot is more valid. I'm a Pakistani, who has hot weather running through my veins. Further evidenced by my hairy body.

I was born in December and love the cold.

Best of both worlds.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Meh, hot and cold.... rather have something in-between the two. Like 60/70F degree like weather. Kinda like what the south has going on as of right now. Just not to sure bout these cold as hell nights now.... mid 20's tonight. WHO DECIDED TO MAKE THE SOUTH LIKE THE NORTH AT NIGHT FOR GOD SAKES <_<

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
during the harvest moon the night is actually warm and bright

btw Sen we should play some Soku someday
Could be as early as next week, been taking the time I have with the house to myself to keep myself in bed, to recover fully from that sinus infection+flu combo that hit me last week. The infection is nearly gone, but still running a nice 3 digit temp.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't really pay attention to ppp but just the number of posts in the thread

that way everyone understands it

so we are soon to reach 15000 posts

EDIT: I think i figured out why i keep messing up jab 2 > jab 1, when you hit a shield, does hitlag + shield stun make the buffering window even later?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They are closing social threads in the other sections of smashboards. One reason being it prevents conversation in other topics if there is a "general" room.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Walking to work in 30-something degree Fahrenheit weather.

This time of year always reminds me that it is completely beyond me why anybody on this planet enjoy being cold.
doing what you do, i can understand why you dont like the cold
me doing what i do, the cold is a blessing. after sweating your **** off shifting things for hours, that icy cold breeze that comes through the loading bay is better than sex

I don't really pay attention to ppp but just the number of posts in the thread

that way everyone understands it

so we are soon to reach 15000 posts

EDIT: I think i figured out why i keep messing up jab 2 > jab 1, when you hit a shield, does hitlag + shield stun make the buffering window even later?
yeah, id jsut noticed that. although i do realise that-somewhere alnog the line-i made my 7000th post and didnt realise id hit the mark XD

and yes, the hitlag makes the attack lasts slightly longer, and therefore the buffer window is a little later, not to mention jab2's cancellnig window is late ANYWAY

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh
in that case i have no idea
also, im shocked that you have a male in your avatar image, someone screencap this rare moment in time

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The closing of social threads in other sub-forums is the decision of the moderator(s) there, not some forum-wide movement or anything. I obviously won't be closing ours.

:248:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
One...........

Thou............

sand....................

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So worth the incoming infraction points. <- Well at least that's good to know. :248:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not certain on whether or not I'm attending, but I'll be able to give a definite answer along the time that deadline approaches. Hope I'm permitted.
:pinkiepie:

Top Bottom