• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There are some people who are too headstrong to learn something not related to their culture.
what, you mean like most of america and england? :B

Apex is gonna be sweet

I hope Ike can pull off a similar situation Sonic did at MLG XD
if it does, im going to buy every ike i know from here a pint of something
by that, i mean 2 ikes in top 8. like sonic at mlg

I've always wondered if these guys ask for permission before they take these videos. Highly doubt it.
dont be silly
but come on, old man sharkie needed to be in there, nova scottia got hype for the first time ever

i really, really wish they had tekken in the lineup. its the fighter that im best at...admittedly its also the only fighter in which i use a high tier. strange that :B

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
what, you mean like most of america and england? :B

if it does, im going to buy every ike i know from here a pint of something
by that, i mean 2 ikes in top 8. like sonic at mlg

dont be silly
but come on, old man sharkie needed to be in there, nova scottia got hype for the first time ever

i really, really wish they had tekken in the lineup. its the fighter that im best at...admittedly its also the only fighter in which i use a high tier. strange that :B
Actually its more immigrants in America who are like that. Most Americans like embracing other cultures, that's why they eat a variety of foods probably.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Watered down? Yeah, buffets tend to be watered down. But I have had more than just "don't hurt the Americans' poor little mouths" buffet Indian food. And am I not the one who made fun of everyone else for not being able to deal with spicy food here?

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
<.< That's the first time someone's called me out on lurking lol.

Chicago's a great place for food. Some local restaurants have inspired me to try cooking Italian and Chinese.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Last year's world series, i had a little fun trash talking with my friend who lived in San Francisco. Course eating all my words just made it all the better for my friend :|

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't think you're wrong in saying the Phillies should be in the WS. But. Cardinals earned it.

Rangers were just on a mission. I had no doubt they'd get back to the fall classic.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Meneil lives!

Wow, I sort of forgot that Italian food exists. I never get any except for the yearly Christmas Eve super fancy Italian dinner we reserve in October. Heh.
ice cream?
or are we talking full on meals?
my family is boring when it comes to foods, in return it means im dubious as hell when i eat something other than spuds peas and a meat

I had some leftover cafeteria pasta for lunch, I tossed it out after 4 forkfulls.
good to see american cafeteria food hasnt changed

also, why is it called the world series when its all in america?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
There is nothing on the internet that says anything about that that I can find. Lol.

It's called the World Series because when it started, there was no other country that had professional baseball teams. This is I think the 107th World Series... Japan and Mexico, etc., didn't start up with baseball until after 1920.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Okay... I mentioned Japan because they are the only other country with a prominent baseball league.
Europe didn't have baseball until 1950s.

What else do you want? I just answered your question 100% truthfully and you're talking like it's not a valid answer.

Let me say it again.

NOBODY ELSE HAD BASEBALL WHEN THE WORLD SERIES WAS STARTED AND NAMED.

Also, I laughed hard at the post below this one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
america is a continent.
In a world where you can simply edit your posts to prevent stupidity...

Btw, someone tell me properly how to do b-throw to dash attack? I'm terrible at it, and I figure I should finally get around to fixing that issue. My opponents always end up p-shielding it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just keep practice buffering it. To properly buffer it you have to have to use the cstick but then have it in the neutral position once the IASA frame start. So you'll jab/dtilt/whatever if the cstick is in a direction when the IASA starts.

Its exactly like CGing with Pikachu xD so I got used to doing things like this.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In a world where you can simply edit your posts to prevent stupidity...

Btw, someone tell me properly how to do b-throw to dash attack? I'm terrible at it, and I figure I should finally get around to fixing that issue. My opponents always end up p-shielding it.
Time a flick of the control stick and c-stick
(c-stick a tiny bit later)

when you see the kick part of bthrow hit.

Remember to flick the control stick. You don't want to buffer a walk instead of a dash.

Once you're confident with bthrow->DA, you can probably use it safely 25%+, unless it's a character with invincible upB or something like yoshi (who still can't do much with the double jump)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No way... hold the control stick down, otherwise you run the risk of accidentally letting go before you Cstick, and you won't get a dash attack out. And hit the Cstick as soon after the control stick as you can.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So when you say flick the control stick, do you mean, flick it, and hold the control stick in that direction? I mean that's what I generally do and my timing fails on it.

And someone just put the button combination step by step using the c-stick. I remember Brett posting a while back about how he always guarantees a hit after he incorporated the c-stick into the b-throw to dash attack.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The problem with me is that I can see it coming and I know it's coming and I know when it's coming (because the guy I was playing uses it too much). But I just can't get it right. I've only jabbed him out of it once successfully. My reads usually consist of spacing myself for jabs after the illusion though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Jam, it takes a little bit of timing. I really only try to do it in cases where that's one of Falco's few options, near the edge.
The good thing about jabbing phantasm, is that jab lasts so long, there are times where you jab the invulnerable part, but falco still gets hit behind you. Even if you only get the phantasm to clank with jab, it's still good.

You can also punish phantasm in more traditionl ways: usmash, fair Falco offstage before phantasm, etc.

So when you say flick the control stick, do you mean, flick it, and hold the control stick in that direction? I mean that's what I generally do and my timing fails on it.

And someone just put the button combination step by step using the c-stick. I remember Brett posting a while back about how he always guarantees a hit after he incorporated the c-stick into the b-throw to dash attack.
Holding the control stick is probably where events don't proceed as intended. When you hold the control stick, you tend to buffer a walk instead of a dash.

Here is step by step what I do, and I get the DA a vast majority nowadays unless I really screw up.

After the bthrow:

Prepare to move when you see the kick coming out.

When the kick hits the opponent, input the dash on the control stick as fast as you can, and release.
Slightly after moving your control stick to dash, you have to move the cstick in any direction quickly, then release. Same as the control stick.

The result is essentially tapping on the control stick and the cstick at relatively the same time(cstick slightly afterwards). When you see the kick hit and then let go of the controller, you see the dash attack come out a little while later.

This does a few things:

1. If you mess up, you're more likely to do nothing at all (If you dtilt, it's the way you tapped the sticks)

2. It's easier to understand the buffering window if you're not holding any inputs. For me, the cue was the kick. It can be something else for you.

3. More precision since the movements can be replicated fairly easily.

4. **You're SURE it's buffered. You know it will hit and if it doesn't then it was not possible to hit them.

Top Bottom