• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hmmm. I dunno, I live just north of one of the most dense areas in my state... sister cities that are together a significant portion the size of your state. Granted, that's a lot less dense than where you are. But it's enough to make me hate driving within ~25 minutes of downtown.

I guess the biggest difference as far as having more space goes... is probably just that it takes me a long time to get to other places in my state. Here are a few estimates of distance in terms of drive duration from Denton (my place of residence) to some select locations in TX.

Dallas - 45 minutes
Ft Worth - 40 minutes
Wicitha Falls - 2 hours
Waco - 2.5 hours
Texarkana - 3.5 hours
Austin - 3.5 hours
San Antonio - 5 hours
Houston - 5 hours
Galveston - 5.5 hours
Lubbock - 6 hours
Corpus Christi - 7.5 hours
Brownsville - 9.5 hours
El Paso - 12 hours

Going from East TX to West TX is really really cool for the first time-- or if you haven't made the trip in a while.
Otherwise it's just annoying.

Basically, we have several highly-populated areas. Drive about an hour away from each area and the state turns into nothing, which later turns into pretty cool scenery, which turns back into nothing, which in a few more hours will turn into another populated area.

Happy birthday to Mister Doom!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i wish i could live in a populated area, i live in the single most rural area of the entire country (then again, england is abotu the size of south carolina, so yeah) and getting anywhere is horrible, particularly as i cant yet drive

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Didn't feel like posting and didn't know you texted me.

Happy birthday Mr. Doom

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Happy B-day Mr.Doom!

Also: going to a tournament today. None of the SAPR are allowed to enter, so I may actually do well. And apparently, there are going to be three Ikes in the bracket.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry PZ, old man Nysyarc will change it into a different awesome title when he gets back:)

Happy birthday Mr. Doom. May all your f smash reads be perfect today!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey guys, thanks for all the HBDs. And for those who didn't get it right, I'll let it slide just this one day. But don't make a habit out of it.

Sleep...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Heartstring

Smash Legend
all bar one of my friends are casual scrubs, the one who isnt is too busy playing every other game under the sun to play with me :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Go search yall in this thread and find out how many times I've said it.

It even auto corrects to y'all on an iphone o.O (random)
:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My friends never wanted to play me in Melee since like 7 years ago, so don't care about it much anymore.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wish Ryo vs Mero got recorded. Wanted to see that more.

Gallax got messed up. Doubt Pika would've helped much.
Just reminds me that I need to reimplement reads / hard reads in my game again. I rarely do smashes and other things like that nowadays.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
San, your game sounds like it is currently devoid of sexiness. Bring back that hype tier F smash!

(In all seriousness though, it feels sorta sad to realize that unless you have a nice read, Ike's "cool" moves are stupid to throw.)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There are times where I don't play much for a few months so I forget some things I do sometimes.

Smashes are really easy to use near the edges, especially reverse Usmash.

Good thing is that I had so many different playstyles, I'm familiar with playing in a lot of different ways.

Top Bottom