• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wow, I wasn't too impressed with that Snake as far as mental game goes.

San, I just went smash happy at my last tourney and a lot of it worked out. I was sort of trying to fix my "always-safe" play style I had gotten into because I was too predictable. I took risks and smashed at people-- worked out really nicely, actually.
Oh, also, I used eruption a LOT compared to what anyone else (maybe excluding Mr Doom) ever has.
Super armoring hits left and right. It was fun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wow, I wasn't too impressed with that Snake as far as mental game goes.

San, I just went smash happy at my last tourney and a lot of it worked out. I was sort of trying to fix my "always-safe" play style I had gotten into because I was too predictable. I took risks and smashed at people-- worked out really nicely, actually.
Oh, also, I used eruption a LOT compared to what anyone else (maybe excluding Mr Doom) ever has.
Super armoring hits left and right. It was fun.
I think a lot of it was that I was trying to develop a style vs MK(pretty successful so far), which involves being safe a lot, yet you can still get away with a lot of things, especially on other characters.

Obviously smashes aren't too useful vs characters with multiple jumps unless they've used at least 2 jumps or something.

It's not like I don't know how to do a lot of that stuff, there's just many many things I just choose not to do.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
1:47. I. CAME. MY GOD. Wooooooow Ryo. Good sheet.
Lol YES! I love it when doing that pans out. You look so flashy and fancy. I killed someone that same way at my tourney and the people around were all "WHOA WHAAAA"

You know... it reminds me. Nobody really does the jab -> fallthrough Bair. Including me. Just because I never wired it into my brain and when I jab on a platform, I still revert to something that IS wired into my auto-pilot.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Using smashes just for the sake of letting them know you want to use it. Then they start being wary for them.

Also, what was that QD to that turnaround bair off the platform o.O? How doea one input that?
:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Using smashes just for the sake of letting them know you want to use it. Then they start being wary for them.

Also, what was that QD to that turnaround bair off the platform o.O? How doea one input that?
Jump

QD to platform

Buffer turnaround

Fall through + Cstick bair.

It's been used for the last 2 years lol.

Also, I try to jab->fall through bair when given the opportunity. It's very flashy and you feel good when you get it.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You get a natural slide for anything after QD.

You can QD to the platform, and simply press down, and you'll maintain forward momentum while falling through the platform.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I heard more boos for Phoenix than anyone else
except Meta Knight

There were also, consistently, the most cheers whenever Phoenix died.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Did you see the Luigi/Ganon combo on Fox? I was surprised they actually put a brawl combo on there. It was Ganon's side-b to Luigi's f-tilts to Ganon's U-tilt to Luigi's Up+B. Insta-kill.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I really wish that 8-year-old could have made it further, lol.

Justin Wong made a STUPID choice in loser finals going She-Hulk on point against Dante with a Tron assist. The other guy did not deserve to go to grand finals, imo. But whatever. J-Wong's own fault. Justin Wrong.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Ex flame kick
Pongoko should've won, he was clearly the better player
But random ultra always kills low health character I suppose

Also that brawl footage was really random
I'm surprised to see that it was there and glad, but at the same time it was out of place

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Oh.. I thought he like slid off the platform to bair i'm like wtf how?

Also sen, no ecchi during ramadan

:mad: I shall make your temptation grow so much that you will lock yourself up for a week after it all just to relax into a hibernation lol

@dA: A few good men does not make the state and surrounding areas invalid. It only makes those very few become exceptions to the rest.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Looks very intriguing. I'm still stuck on sprites in a 3-D realm coughdoomcough. I'd love to see how this would turn out.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If I had the resources to mod Shadow Warrior and actually took the time to do so, then yes. Right now, I'm modding Doom. Otherwise I'd be known as Mr. Wang. >_>

Napos

Smash Ace
I'm havin glots of trouble with the Jab cancel fellas, Is it just a timing issue or should I really try to use the control stick diagonal to the back a try?

Top Bottom