• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I still need a running theme before i start writing. I'm actually thinking of just reading out old posts and writing a story on what I read.

So I would start with the Burrito going crazy with losing "his" thread that he started because we wanted a new OP

What you think?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
So...a fanfic of the Ike social board? I would read it.

@Brett: I went to the 2nd tourney in my life. Got 17th out of 41...same placement as the last time I went to a tournament. Kirk was also there too but we didn't really talk or anything. >_<

Also, Happy (very?) Belated Birthday Mr. Doom!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol why didn't you guys really talk or anything?

Usually when I'm somewhere where anyone else from the Ike boards is, I make it a point to hang around them.

Also, is that OUR Metroid I see in the Melee results?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Marching band is easy.

lol @ 3.5 hours. 8 hours + when I was in highschool and a 10 minute break after the first 4 hours, for a week.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Lol why didn't you guys really talk or anything?

Usually when I'm somewhere where anyone else from the Ike boards is, I make it a point to hang around them.

Also, is that OUR Metroid I see in the Melee results?

Because I am shy/anti social. I barely talked to anyone... And yes, yes it is. He quit Brawl. :c Don't know if he told everyone.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I still need a running theme before i start writing. I'm actually thinking of just reading out old posts and writing a story on what I read.

So I would start with the Burrito going crazy with losing "his" thread that he started because we wanted a new OP

What you think?
...Burrito? Brett?

I typed the above, and then instantly understood. I approve.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've been to Texas at least 10 times. Not that bad.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
[collapse="Ooh, lookie what I have here..."]
[/collapse]

You guys should quit your johning right now. You're dealing with straight up sun. In Kansas, it's very humid, so it feels much hotter than it actually is. I'm actually a bit surprised how we're getting triple digit temperatures, but then again, it's Kansas.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
This past week has been pretty hot. 107-110 Fahrenheit for about a week now. But I mean, it's not like that's super surprising.
I'm really tired of everyone complaining about hot weather, though. It gets hot every summer. Shut up.

BS, nice joke/reference.

And Foodies. Talk to people. Be social. It's fun.
Metroid. =[
He never got to see me play piano. But I never did record anything anyway, lol.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
yeah its not as humid here as in Kansas/Missouri XD haha when i was in Missouri it was unbearable -.- oh well summer will always be hot -.- i just dislike getting up at 6 every morning to go to band that means i have to go to bed early... like right now :p haha night XD

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ok so one wants to 1-1 then 1-2? Is that when your opponent will catch on and SDI outta it? More or less anyways...

Also I'm guessing big characters can get jab locked across the stage? While smaller have an easier time getting away?
Yea it pretty much depends on a lot of things, such as your opponent's character choice, how he/she SDIs out of it, etc. I commonly use jab 1-1 and do something else like a quick Fair or go for a grab. Grab don't work as well so I do Fair and Nair more often than that.

You can sometimes kinda jab-lock Ganon or Bowser, but as I said, they could SDI out of it.

EDIT: I've been wondering...what happened to those profiles with pics we made at the beginning of a thread so long ago? Wasn't it at the beginning of our social?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No, it was a thread made my Metroid.

And I brought it up not long ago saying my profile is quite outdated. I had a pic up with my girlfriend... but I have been single for over 5 months. I feel like that should be taken out. Also I have a pic of me clean-shaven, and that hasn't happened in a couple years.

Napos

Smash Ace
Talking weather, 2 Tornados touched down here, they didn't last long or pose a threat but still, pretty cool.

And got it, depends on opponent.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
No, it was a thread made my Metroid.

And I brought it up not long ago saying my profile is quite outdated. I had a pic up with my girlfriend... but I have been single for over 5 months. I feel like that should be taken out. Also I have a pic of me clean-shaven, and that hasn't happened in a couple years.
You could always edit it as such. Would you care about doing another profile thread thing? I wouldn't mind.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
So...a fanfic of the Ike social board? I would read it.

@Brett: I went to the 2nd tourney in my life. Got 17th out of 41...same placement as the last time I went to a tournament. Kirk was also there too but we didn't really talk or anything. >_<

Also, Happy (very?) Belated Birthday Mr. Doom!
What I find shocking... A Wolf placed first....... lol

Kirk

Smash Champion
You guys have no idea. Playing Kain is freaking scary!

In other news, my Ike is beating people again, so I might try it out again...I went Bowser at the last tourney, the one Foodies posted. Indeed we did not talk(but I was :bowser: so its k), indeed Metroid is not playing brawl(but I said hi!), and...idk.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
gah, why do no ikes exist in europe!, i mean we have rydle, but hes an mk main and (from what ive been told) doesnt speak english.
id be cool with a profile thread, i dont think im even on the old one XD

also, im registered for apex officially now...all i got to do is get my flights sorted XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rydle knows a little english. I talked to him before.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Random

I hate Hector hard mode!!!!!!

But love how difficult it is :x

I have reset every chapter at least 10 times (half for RNG screwage)

Fog of war is the worst

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why would I want to play a game designed to require RNG to be on my good side?

I barely manage with HHM just constantly restarting to get good levels ups.. i waste 2 hours just on a chapter

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The way Ike stands in the game reminds me of Marth. I would have laughed if he took a critical hit and died.
The myrmidon would have to be able to do at least 17 damage and have a crit of 1 (curse of the 1% haunts you). But imagine that. I was hoping Ike at least get hit and be all like "No damage. WHAT NOW!?"

Aether can also apparently break doors, but the game glitches and he does it for a while. I did it on one of those extra chapters with the prison. Ike just kept jumping up and down and I watched, wondering when he would stop. I think the door got bored and just opened up anyway.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That reminds me, why doesn't Ike jump from his aether ffs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When you land from aether, you should have the option to press the B button to unleash the 2nd hit which should backflip to the ledge

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Aether can also apparently break doors, but the game glitches and he does it for a while. I did it on one of those extra chapters with the prison. Ike just kept jumping up and down and I watched, wondering when he would stop. I think the door got bored and just opened up anyway.
The game glitches? I Aether doors all the time (Runesword + Aether = HOLY COMBO and stealing HP from doors :awesome:) and it never glitched...

Which leads me to ask how much Fire Emblem have you guys actually played? I started Thracia 776 (I think that's what it's called, can never remember the number) a long time ago, but other than that, I've played everything from Roy's game on.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
completed shadow dragon once. got about halfway through book one of raidant dawn (the one where ike isnt the main character, but still in it) and thats it

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood game, Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn.

I'll tell you this: I'm a master at rage-resetting after one of my characters die. That line of games filled me up with too much sodium chloride.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
took me a while to get the salt reference
yeah, its standard play to reset after a character dies. so many times shiida (ceada to america) died in shadow dragon

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I dunno, I just never found Shadow Dragon to be much fun. I finished it, but painfully so. Heck, I beat the final boss in 1 round wtf. Game got so boring after a few chapters, especially with the archaic evasion/hit formulas.

I loved the sequel remake though. Making your own unit ftfw, even though it's always overpowered.

Top Bottom