• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Speaking of big tourneys, anybody planning on going to Apex 2012 at this point? NS smash scene might just be making a pilgrimage on down to NY for it, though nothing confirmed yet.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Speaking of big tourneys, anybody planning on going to Apex 2012 at this point? NS smash scene might just be making a pilgrimage on down to NY for it, though nothing confirmed yet.

I think that's in January? I would be interested in going, should Georgia have organized a carpool beforehand. My mom still doesn't really trust the community OoS yet. I was lucky to get to AL for HASL. But there's much time before Apex, so I'll consider that and say I'm interested in my current position.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Don't you live the closest to where it's actually happening out of all of us though? If it's a money issue, get yoself a job. If it's a different issue... I dunno, fix it, lol.

I can try for one day depending on who's willing to bring me there. :I

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I doubted what people said, but after playing it, Jam with the Band for the DS is actually pretty nice. After watching the Youtube videos, it looked impossible, but after like an hour, I reached master level (all 8 face buttons + L/R). It's still pretty tough, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr8O65zqPtI&feature=related

Maybe I can do something like that after a while.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hey Light, some big tournament is happening here in SD, You coming? M@K ,Mikehaze and the like will be attending.
Might be heading to SD sometime this month, will see if I can get it to coincide with the tournament.

Getting from Norcal to SD is no easy feat, sadly. Driving from my area is a good 8+ hours.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Mowing the lawn in the morning is tiresome
has your mower got wheels?
because if its one of the ones that sorta slide around without wheels then you can look cool and feel manly by swinging the lawnmower around...makes cool grass patterns too

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
has your mower got wheels?
because if its one of the ones that sorta slide around without wheels then you can look cool and feel manly by swinging the lawnmower around...makes cool grass patterns too
lol thats one way to look at a tentatively tedious task. btw the tournament at my location is not genesis but e4v champions.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol thats one way to look at a tentatively tedious task. btw the tournament at my location is not genesis but e4v champions.
no honestly, i feel positively ganonic after mowing the lawn because every time i swing the lawn mower around it feels like im throwing a large object around gracefully
this is because i swing it around by the power cord...unsafe, but super fun and satisfying

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I doubted what people said, but after playing it, Jam with the Band for the DS is actually pretty nice. After watching the Youtube videos, it looked impossible, but after like an hour, I reached master level (all 8 face buttons + L/R). It's still pretty tough, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr8O65zqPtI&feature=related

Maybe I can do something like that after a while.
"Wow, Touhou series games are known for bullet hell, I guess their music is known for button hell."

I lol'd at that comment.

I don't think I can keep up with that, but it looks like fun.

Bringing this over from the critique thread so as not to clutter it. I was just wondering what moves do we have that can get us out of juggles/CGs (lol yeah right). I was thinking maybe holding out jab for some CGs if they mess up the timing. Just curious.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
To get out of juggles if you don't have a double jump:

Nair for general purpose
Fair/Dair for hard read.

Drift away/air dodge for movement.

If they jump up towards us, most of the time we can just fast fall air dodge but if they like to return or stay on the ground, spacing your aerials the best you can/mixup movement.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, got 9/whatever. Lost to Infinity and UTDZac. First time I played his G&W in tourny, and he's sick.

I blame wifi for some mistimed up-smashes when he airdodged into them.

Slaps lost his first match...so not sure if he got last or second to last...he hasn't played in a long time. Sucks, cause he was getting really good.

Brett got third with UTD Zac in doubles.

Don't know about him in singles.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Welp, I got 9th (out of 33, I think). All Ike for once. Lost to Luckay4Lyphe (Pit) and Lain (ICs/MK). Took a game off Lain's MK in pools, but he 2-0d me in bracket. 1st game was BF with ICs, then I went to Brinstar and he switched to MK....did better than I expected (went to last hit), but I still hate that I can't play as well on that stage that Ike probably can.

P.S.: Where the crap do you CP Pit? san, we gotta talk about stages when we next play =/

And I got my first Bthrow CG in tourney off =)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
For pit, smaller stages where we can get to him quickly are nice.

If you don't mind Pit's platform pressure with uair and other attacks, BF is still decent.

Castle Siege and Brinstar helps against projectiles.

Delfino is always a decent choice, as well as most stages you're comfortable with.

FD, SV, and maybe Frigate I would shy away from.

If you upB facing the stage, don't hold any direction and the mirror shield will have no effect. If he mirror shields you throwing your shield up, then I believe you hold away from the stage to return safely.

Reverse aether obviously eats through it.

Nice job though everyone.

Red-X also took a game off of Malcolm in tourney.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
If you upB facing the stage, don't hold any direction and the mirror shield will have no effect. If he mirror shields you throwing your shield up, then I believe you hold away from the stage to return safely.

Reverse aether obviously eats through it.

Nice job though everyone.

Red-X also took a game off of Malcolm in tourney.
That Mirror Shield is why I lost the first match =/ I'm just to used to holding forward on the way up, back on the way down. Fixed that in the next matches, but I probably could've pulled a 2-0 if I did that right and did a bit more work.

Mah boi Red =) I taught him everything he knows. Okay, not really.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm ALWAYS the one person who doesn't get a bye. Always. I win my first match and then get a top player next game. Sooo, today I won a set, lost to Zac, and lost my next set (to suicides, ugh)... but after having won a set, I was placed dead last.
Also, where's Meneil? I met a dude today who knew/knows her.

Anyway, teams was fun. Teamed up with UTDZac and we got third out of 15. There were 24 in singles, I think. Beat two guys whose names I don't remember, beat Ice + Greyfox, lost to Bassem + Sethlon, beat Denti + Infinity, beat DMG + Allied, lost to Gnes + Trela in LF. If entry fee for doubles had been higher, I would have just about made a profit on the day.

Top Bottom