• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Perhaps I'll watch if I'm available.
My plans to go to SC fell through because the dude whose car we were using backed out last minute. Made me pretty angry, actually. We had been talking about it for several months, and during the whole planning phase, he didn't say a word except we could use his car. And then 2 days before we leave he says, "I will not be able to make it." Apparently even though we've been talking about it for months, he doesn't have any money saved for the trip.
Yeah. But whatever. Now I guess I can go to Dallas tourneys and get *****.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm sure there will be livestream at the tournament I'm attending. I have MMs with people, so I'll try to get on livestream for that.

•Col•

Smash Champion
well, if youre gonna ask their opinion they be entitled to tell you whatever they think of the scenario
I can understand that. But when I come in and say "Hey guys, I'm not doing well with Ike recently, don't feel like I can get much better with him right now, and I'm just flat out not having fun playing as him recently.... So I think I might stop playing him for a bit." and the general response is "**** you"... It's a little disheartening. D:

I'll also point out that Zack Fair would never give up. Makes you a bigger nub D:<
Yeah. Zack would never give up... He'd go up against insurmountable odds and die. I dun wanna die.

So I'm hoping there's a livestream for the Pittsburgh tourney I'm going to. If there is, you guys should watch (especially you, Brett).
There should be.... But the internet might be too crappy to be worthwhile.

But I'll still tell you you're a nub, Colaya. And to pick up Sheik. But no worries on the latter, I will beat Sheik into you by the end of this weekend =)
Well what do you expect when I don't play for two-thirds of the year? :(

Also, I heard about that "best Sheik in PA" jazz... I'm not afraid.

Okay, I'm a little afraid.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Didn't read it all, but heavens to betsie, that sounds awful. Crossing fingers that doesn't get passed.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can understand that. But when I come in and say "Hey guys, I'm not doing well with Ike recently, don't feel like I can get much better with him right now, and I'm just flat out not having fun playing as him recently.... So I think I might stop playing him for a bit." and the general response is "**** you"... It's a little disheartening. D:
Joke posts, but it's easier to respond to more specific problems that you have. It's weird to fully drop a main, but it'd be wise to note when and where you can best use Ike (certain MUs, stages, people) for now. As long as you get better at the game in general, all of your characters seem to get better anyways.

Yeah. Zack would never give up... He'd go up against insurmountable odds and die. I dun wanna die.
Goku never gives up, dies, and he's just fine.

There should be.... But the internet might be too crappy to be worthwhile.
Sucks.

Well what do you expect when I don't play for two-thirds of the year? :(
Takes me a good day or two to get back to where I was after months of not playing.

Also, I heard about that "best Sheik in PA" jazz... I'm not afraid.
You should be afraid. I almost beat san's Jiggz with it. And that's a beast in itself.

lol, was because I kept getting hit by usmash at like 90.

Not going to happen/affect us imo. Saw news of that bill a few months ago I believe. I feel videogames are a much different case compared to movies/shows that they wish to focus on.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Goku never gives up, dies, and he's just fine.
So I guess in the afterlife I'd still be playing Brawl?

Many people would consider that to be... *puts on sunglasses* :cool:

A Hell.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dude, I'm on mobile, and I saw your edit. Something weird happened, and I kept asking myself "How the f*** does the text go off the page? HOW?" I'd consider Brawl in afterlife to be

•Col•

Smash Champion
Dude, I'm on mobile, and I saw your edit. Something weird happened, and I kept asking myself "How the f*** does the text go off the page? HOW?" I'd consider Brawl in afterlife to be
Wat.

Yes I edited my post because I noticed afterward that the 'YEAH' stretched the screen a bit, so I removed some 'e's and 'a's. :3c

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In worse case scenario...I won't be able to watch playthrough of games, let alone watch endings or scenes from games that I have no interest spending 60 bucks on.

At the same time, I don't think this should hurt us in regards to streaming tournies. As far as I know, we don't get a profit from streaming.

But in all honesty, given I streamed about 60/82 Laker games last year through other means...this is gonna hurt my wallet if the time comes to pay up.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ooooooooh Caaaaaaanadaaaaaaa...

Seriously though, the bill still has to pass which may not even happen, and apparently (I only skimmed the article so I might be wrong) it will only be an issue if you start making profit from the streaming/video uploading/whatever.

:248:
safe, we dont make any money from streams so its not going to affect us really

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
But the good money is on it being passed. It enjoys bipartisan support; it was cosponsored by two Democrats and a Republican. Its goals were identified and proposed by the Obama administration. And if anyone in government is on the fence, it has the weight of very significant traditional entertainment industry lobbying behind it.
More than enough reason to speak up about it. Honestly still, I find this to be one of those "time wasters" where all of the house should focus on more important ****.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Finally got around to recording my matches with Berserker Swordsman.

I only recorded some of my Jigglypuff against his various characters

and ALL 8 Ike dittos on my SD card. Many matches, including the PS1 match, wasn't saved.

Should be uploading by keeping my computer on all night.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I could, but the only thing that's left are a bunch of jigglypuff videos or my Ike vs his secondaries, so idk if anyone wants to see any more of those.

+ Youtube takes forever to upload at my house.

Top Bottom