• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
laguz aren't animals. they're sub-humans.

My apologies to any Laguz reading this post. I did not intend to use the term "sub-human" in any offensive form.
Play the game is you're confused much.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
laguz aren't animals. they're sub-humans.

My apologies to any Laguz reading this post. I did not intend to use the term "sub-human" in any offensive form.
Play the game is you're confused much.

There is the term humanoid as in human shaped.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
700get

I'm so mad. I'm leaving to go to this tourney in SC and then Dallas has TWO tournaments in two days while I'm gone-- when we haven't had a real tournament here in.. some time.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I need to get a passport because the nearest tournaments to me is in Canada

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Sooo, I was experimenting with Ike a little bit and I noticed that Jab 2 cancelled into U-tilt hits a lot more than Jab 1 --> U-tilt. Do you guys feel the same?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sooo, I was experimenting with Ike a little bit and I noticed that Jab 2 cancelled into U-tilt hits a lot more than Jab 1 --> U-tilt. Do you guys feel the same?
It depends on who you're playing against, imo. You have to switch up the timing sometimes for it to be effective. Jab1 > Utilt is more likely to hit opponents than Jab2 >Utilt, from what I've seen. It works, though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
jab 2 feels too slow when trying to cancel it.

gogo san get a passport o.o; though it does take a while for it to get processed, i think my family had to pay extra just to get it processed in one month (however it was done in 2 weeks xD) the general wait is 2 months i think

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Toronto/Missisauga is less than a 3 hour drive away from where I currently am. That's much shorter than anywhere else, and there probably aren't going to be any tourneys in my area anymore, really.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah and of course you're quite a bit further away than San too. Don't worry about it, we'll always have more tournaments. Whenever we host something big we usually get the same turnout of like 30-40 since we rarely get out-of-Province interest. Hellasmashed this summer though may draw out players from Ontario/Alberta/other places.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
probably not, my friend lacks money to buy anything (and we are partners in killing zombies). Besides the 3rd black ops map pack is coming out in 8 days so i have a new map already on the way.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't have a laptop anymore :|

I was cooking with my laptop nearby and i bumped into it knocking it over and the screen cracked from how it fell... :S

I can't afford a new one so i just borrow my sisters' laptops time to time

Heartstring

Smash Legend
question is guys, if a massive smash event was to be held in england (same size as bushido impact, which ally came to last year, but its not happening this time) and there was a large enough size pot for brawl, would americans come to it?

im having nice thoughts about hosting a european sized event...location is a sizable problem though
anyway, just pondering others thoughts

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
question is guys, if a massive smash event was to be held in england (same size as bushido impact, which ally came to last year, but its not happening this time) and there was a large enough size pot for brawl, would americans come to it?

im having nice thoughts about hosting a european sized event...location is a sizable problem though
anyway, just pondering others thoughts

Only well known US players prolly. The issue with events such as that is that unless yer pulling M2K like wins each tournament. Then you'd more or less will break even on the ticket, housing, and what-not

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
i thought i told you to go read cupcakes. THEN we can talk
Oh man that was an... interesting read (my friend will never look at cupcakes the same way).

@Ussi: Killing zombies? Don't you dare touch my jiang-shi waifu :V

Yeah now I know when to spend my graduation money for my brother. Reminds me that we just bought RE: Afterlife on Blu-Ray just for our Blu-Ray player and new flatscreen, which I'll only be using during the summer because then I get to dorm at Stony Brook. According to a friend, I ended up at the dorms with air conditioning.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey, which port should I be using for teams again? I always forget... Is it 1 with my partner at 4(Then if I HAVE to, me at 2 and my teamate at 3)...?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's better to be at a lower port instead of a higher port, so you can tank ish and your friend doesn't have to worry about getting hit out of grabs.

Ike doesn't benefit with high port as much as others because Ike already tanks, and gives you the freedom to throw out dash attack, fair, etc out of grabs.
So 1, 4 with you as one.

@Berserker
Yeah, but Philly is like 6 hours away.

@Nys
It would consider it down the road if it's possible to get tickets around $200.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Platform canceled to FSmash.

Dang, keepin' it stylish.

Well, not platform cancel because it's not a platform per se, but same concept I'm assuming.
I think I was still in hitstun/spinning though. :l
I only remembered pressing L to airdodge+like 2 directions when I got at that height and tried to buffer a Fair but then that happened...lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Definitely looks like a platform cancel to me, although I didn't know that was possible on Brinstar... probably shouldn't be.

:248:

Top Bottom