• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Use who you feel like you can win with. Even top players rarely solo main throughout an entire tournament.
My Ike is just better for me for pretty much every MU atm.

I like to use Pika but I can't kill with him outside of thunder gimmicks. I like to use DK but I get juggled too much to use him. I like to use Jiggs but for now I'll use her in MMs since my Ike is better in most MUs.

MK is pretty much the same as my Ike, but less consistent due to dying all the time and less proficiency with MK than my Ike.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
In other words, "I'm so good, I can play with anyone, but I'll stick with Ike"
thats a tl;dr version

i play solely for fun, the fact that i happen to be reasonably good at it is a nice bonus. but as soon i get stop enjoying using ike ill pick someone else for a while, and then again when i get bored of them and whatever...although it takes me a long time to get bored with ike, because i seem to do better than i expect...moral of the story is to not expect too much of yourself i suppose
but yeah...play for fun, its the best way of doing things

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've been going straight Ike in my offline tourneys and I've done surprisingly well. It was pretty hard to stick with Ike when almost half of my opponents went MK. Snake is my go-to person in MUs like that, but I feel my Ike performs a LOT better. My main situation is probably getting back onstage against Meta Knight.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I've been going straight Ike in my offline tourneys and I've done surprisingly well. It was pretty hard to stick with Ike when almost half of my opponents went MK. Snake is my go-to person in MUs like that, but I feel my Ike performs a LOT better. My main situation is probably getting back onstage against Meta Knight.
oddly enough, MK in offlines is more or less the reason why I am learning marth atm still. Want to try my damndest to go to Huntsvillie on the 25th for some offline attempts, but may end up getting stuck with a 4th weekend of hell on earth due to my bros wife and three kids coming back over to visit.....

Swear to god these vile snot dwellers are gonna make me smash some faces in from what iv'e had to do for them. Enough to make anyone lose their sanity (or in my case, the little bit i have left), and i'm just their damn uncle.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You're going to HASL too, Sen? Lol hopefully you can make it, I'm interested myself.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
You're going to HASL too, Sen? Lol hopefully you can make it, I'm interested myself.
plan to use the sign up sheet tomorrow, however it all comes down to that damn family being here once more on the weekend. If not and seeing how if I go alone, I may end up renting a nearby hotel for two nights. If they do.. then it's going to be nothing but the only guy whom seems to know how to work a wii/360/or change tv settings. Doing what he has been doing for the past three weekends. Getting no sense of relaxation or time for practice.

If I do go however, prolly plan to bring a copy of AH3 and get lucky if some other person bungs their ps3.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In other words, "I'm so good, I can play with anyone, but I'll stick with Ike"
Not at all. Quite the opposite.

There are times when I use them and do well, then my problems using them creep up and I'm like this sucks.
Like with Pika, I get them to like 140 and can't get the kill, nair is stale and they aren't falling for smashes or tilts to thunder =(

My randoms do naturally get better even though I mostly just use Ike for some reason.

I also heard from my relatives that there's a drought in Texas? Hope that gets better soon.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
Yeah, the drought is sucking beyond suck, two of my relative were arrested for using fireworks -.-
In truth, not so much the drought, as this STUPID HEAT!! I haven't slept in days it's so hot XC

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Florida sucks at having mid/low tier tourneys. Needs moar of those. Some of us did a bunch of low tier friendlies at the tournament and everyone who was in on it had fun.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No, when I said I have an ocarina... I meant I have an ocarina.
My friend bought me one while he was in Argentina.
Now I have to find him a good birthday present... I have less than 10 days to find him one.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Now I have to find him a good birthday present... I have less than 10 days to find him one.
Should probably get him a really bad *** looking mask. It won't have as much replay value as an ocarina and it's designs will be really complicated... plus having given it to you from Argentina the ocarina clearly has a better story. But the first time he wears it he'll enjoy it and uh... alright that's all I got, lol.

:248:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

theeboredone

Smash Legend
*reads the first little bit of the link*

*instant rage complete with rage quit of the link*

Who is the idiot who wrote that? Seriously? I'm not sure what's worse, the fact there is somebody out there claiming NATO to be terrorists, or that people actually bother to read that junk.
Lmao...I guess you missed the "opinion" labeled above it.

laughed at this, and the clicked the link only to facepalm at this bad journalism.
The whole site is littered with it to be exact. Some articles can't even correctly cite a source

For the record, it is a Russian site...so I wouldn't know exactly how they cite their sources let alone their use of english.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think it is a blog. If you read all the columns in the opinion section, the have a similar writing style. Hence it's title as the "opinion" section.

And did you just realize a bunch of people outside the US hate us? lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i finished reading Trace, it was a bit interesting but hard on my phone once it went black and white :|

-------

Haters gonna hate

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, a lot of people hate america as a whole. but its generally from stereotyping as far as i know

also, nato isnt just america. its a whole group on countries in a pseudo army on the side. you have usa, uk, france (yes, they can fight too) germany, i think canada and a fair few other countries. its typically only used to deal with stuff like libya where theres no immediate danger, but everyone in nato agrees they need to step in
woo i know things, new development!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
haha, a lot of people hate america as a whole. but its generally from stereotyping as far as i know

also, nato isnt just america. its a whole group on countries in a pseudo army on the side. you have usa, uk, france, germany, i think canada and a fair few other countries.
It's nearly every single European country, + USA + Canada.

Top Bottom