• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tika prob got tried of having herself and sen lumped together.

Foodies is playing Marf

Meneil is more in tune with the offline scene i would say.

Global-Wolf is missing here and in the pika social I think.
Nah, Meneil is just more active on AiB.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh yeah forgot to mention this last week. Kirk is moving within the next month I've heard. I believe he's actually moving to another state.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
At least Kirk still plays brawl at least a little bit.

I also realize Ike is more troll than I thought. I think I've heard complaints of almost every one of Ike's moves (that I use) before.

Also need to relearn the timing for jab->ftilt and jab->bair cause I stopped using it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You got a lot of kills doing jab ftilt too o_o, you had some people thinking its a true combo

Ike is only trolling because no one believes the stuff he can do. Dem haters be hating

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
LOL. I just forget a lot of stuff I do and remind myself later. Ftilt works at certain heights if you think they'll land. I just want to avoid accidental powershields. I was focusing on bair spam this time, so just more options =)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
More options your opponent has to worry about, the more he'll have to think of. More he thinks, more prone to thinking wrong.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Amazing how people here are only now catching on to this, been keeping a closer look on all of this since the rapelay bull****. Also the fact they link back to Sankaku for source credit is a troll in of it's own, even though the article has more than enough truth in it. Anywhom Ishihara is said to not be running for a 4th term. Where that leads this ban as of now is anyone's guess.

But I am loling at all the people in that topic that are being such moarl***s. Honestly, instead of bashing people for getting off to works of fiction, ya should be trying to keep the actual sickos off the street.

Also has anyone noticed a link between all of this stuff? From Cairo, to the Eastern Seaboard, to now here in Cheeseland (Wisconsin), all of them have the same thing in common, either restriction of rights or fighting for some sort of freedom or right by any means.......

Well I may be looking a bit to hard into this but i dunno.
You know too much, you must keep that to yourself before they appear >_>

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Beggars can't be choosers.. And only like 4 projectiles are good in this game.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Beggars can't be choosers.. And only like 4 projectiles are good in this game.
Let's see....Falco's laser, Yoshi's eggs, Diddy's banana, and..............

MK? (his entire body) :troll:

And a projectile.
I dunno why, but this reminded me of when someone told me they wanted Jirachi in this game so it could use Future Sight and randomly hit people in the next match XD

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Meneil is just more active on AiB.
Not really. Unless looking for doubles there counts as being more active. I lurk way more here. >.>; But actually more like Ussi said, I keep up more with the offline scene of IL.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not really. Unless looking for doubles there counts as being more active. I lurk way more here. >.>; But actually more like Ussi said, I keep up more with the offline scene of IL.
Then I just have good luck, cause whenever I log onto AiB, there's something going on your profile or your in the AiB rooms.

Side note, where has Nys been? He does a darn good job of pulling these disappearing acts.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I guess I deserve some of that. I should really stop trying to read things and post minutes before leaving for a trip.

Yeah, where has Nys been? We still need to do the PR (even though there was only ~6 attendees) and confirmation for the next bi-weekly. Meh, not like it matters anyway.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright well I might as well post something now, I've lurked a few times this week but I've been exhausted. Sorry for the lack of notice again guys, but I didn't really intend to disappear. My grandfather died last week on Tuesday, we went up Monday when we heard his condition was getting worse. I'm over that now so don't worry about it, I didn't know him too well since he lived out of province anyways, my mom wanted us to be there for him though.

Anyways that was last week, and we stayed up there for several days. I brought my laptop but between all the moving around and the fact that none of the houses we stayed in had a wireless network, I pretty much lost hope of staying in touch here. When we got back on Friday morning my mom said I'd gotten a call from an employer about a full-time job I'd applied for. I went in for an interview that afternoon (I'd cut it pretty close), and last weekend they hired me to start on Monday if I could, and I could.

So this week I'm exhausted because I've had to juggle a new 10 hour a day job, my part time programming courses in the evening, and trying to work out something with my very part-time contracting job that I don't really need anymore.

So there's my excuse, but I will start posting again, and updating the bi-weekly thread. That's the part I feel most guilty about. I was going to try and get it all updated the night of the tournament but I kind of procrastinated and said I'd do it Monday.... that worked out well.

Anyways I have to go to work in half an hour so I won't be around until later this afternoon. But I will stop by then and finally fix everything up and set a date for the next bi-weekly. Probably not this weekend, but we'll see I guess.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
welcome back Nys!

You missed the hype of Pound V and some silly talk, but thats about it. Not like you couldn't help disappearing again.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I hope things work out for you Nyke :\ Don't worry about the biweeklies thing, I think people show up more to say hi to each other than for the actual rankings.

Then I just have good luck, cause whenever I log onto AiB, there's something going on your profile or your in the AiB rooms.
I never said I don't use aib. I thought you guys were talking about being social/active on it. In which case I excluded searching for matches or shout-outs about directions and birthdays.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yagami light where are you?!?! DX I need to know if your going to whobo...
I'm done with Brawl guys. Waited until the end of the biweekly so that I could have one last party with everyone before I left. I'm just done with competitive multiplayer games in general, actually. Too hectic, I'd say. Anyway, all of you are extremely cool people and it's been a real pleasure posting here and getting to know you guys. I'd post individual shoutouts but I'm just going to forget someone and cause much strife. So let me just say that all of you are intelligent and have personalities that bring stereotypes about gamers to shame. I won't be logging on to SWF after this but who knows what the future has in store? We might meet up sometime, in the vast world out there.

And, with that, goodbye. It was a _lot_ of fun.

little slow man

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You either lurk, or name searched..

And people just wondering where the females cause females on the internetz is so rare

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Exactly. When I tried namesearching it was kinda like everyone's saying I'm causing problems for the world :awesome:

My name is fairly unique... just not when split in half. xD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
K guys. Let's talk gay.

How many frames off are we from a sliding shieldgrab CG with fthrow and bthrow? If we have a super CG on Bowser, we must at least be PRETTY close to CGs on other characters. (It seems REALLY close on DK for instance)

Even if CGs aren't guaranteed, as long as if we find out they have limited options (aka spotdodge or roll only), that's good enough for me.

I wasn't sure what the exact procedure to grab with the CG has on Bowser, but the quickest way to regrab for me is to dash, shield, then standing grab while sliding. Stall bthrow seems to work past 60% too. I feel this part is still unexplored. It'd be super ironic if this works for us.

Top Bottom