• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Our jab doing something ridiculous STILL surprises people? ROFL

After Ryo taught me the usefulness of bair edgeguard, I learned to use L as jump to do quick RAR bairs. Helps soo much.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Gotta earn that R back Red. Make us proud and **** next tourney =p

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Don't know if I can do well. Haven't touched the game for awhile. lol
But you went like 4-5 months without tournies so idk. :I

D1

Banned via Administration
lol this is the best.
this guy couldn't take all the man action that came from that sword
San's too good what can I say?

I'm not mad LOL. It was fun playing ya dude.

I won't lie, after our sets for some reason I'm inspired to want to play Brawl again after quitting for a year and randomly entering Pound5 Brawl singles :D.

Thanks for the inspiration bro. Hope to play again soon!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
D1, I knew to stay on my toes vs you cause I remembered the skill you portrayed during some of our friendlies at one of the earlier MLGs. Hope you had fun at both Pound events.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Skill level with Ike is inversely proportional to sympathy shown during a set.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Double posting, get over it.

When we throw out jabs in certain situations (at a distance/ against landing opponents), I think we should hold the A button until we confirm a hit.
That way, if we miss jab1 -and- jab 2... we can let go and press A again for another instantaneous jab.. this will catch punishers off guard when they expect the lag of jab2 before any other action.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
you know, I experienced this once instance with wolf where I'm pretty sure he shined my jab 1 but it hit him anyways and the dude was like WTH?

seriously, we gotta look more into jab 1, there's more to it than meets the eye.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
whole linking a google account to youtube is kicking my butt, i might just make a new account -___-

and no it isn't jam

D1

Banned via Administration
It looks like you didn't too bad in brawl D1 :) you still maining marth in melee?
49th is definitely way better than deadlast I agree :D. I main Fox/Marth and Shiek/Falco are for counterpicking purposes. >:D

D1, I knew to stay on my toes vs you cause I remembered the skill you portrayed during some of our friendlies at one of the earlier MLGs. Hope you had fun at both Pound events.
Thanks alot for being so classy San. I actually thought that was the first time I ever played you. If not then I am mistaken. You're incredible and I couldn't stop talking about how amazing you were to my Melee pals.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I thought that bill regulated the whole anime and manga industry and watching out for that loli stuff like what was tried here with video games, not outright ban it. Oh well. Problem solved by moving out of Tokyo like everyone else on that thread says. Heck, why not come here to America :p TWGOK has no loli in it (besides that swimmer girl, but she's long gone now) right Ussi, Sen?

EDIT: No school settings? =/ I also just saw the article dates. From Dec. =/

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Wow, how many people just don't understand what's going on in that thread?

Oh well. Problem solved by moving out of Tokyo like everyone else on that thread says. Heck, why not come here to America :p
Do you know how much money it costs to move an entire business to move to another country? and with Tokyo/Japan as a whole being their main source of income, moving doesn't sound that great of an idea.
I also lol'd at the post being completely clueless about Bleach. Probably Wiki'd it and read like 3 sentences just to find out the age group of the cast.

There's nothing good about this law except getting rid of extreme cases. But that's not good either if the side effect is blowing away a good 30% of the market that's borderline or trying to make a point.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I thought that bill regulated the whole anime and manga industry and watching out for that loli stuff like what was tried here with video games, not outright ban it. Oh well. Problem solved by moving out of Tokyo like everyone else on that thread says. Heck, why not come here to America :p TWGOK has no loli in it (besides that swimmer girl, but she's long gone now) right Ussi, Sen?

EDIT: No school settings? =/ I also just saw the article dates. From Dec. =/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Violence is now gonna be reduced too i think.

Naruto is hitting 18+ or gonna do what America does and take out blood? Cause Naruto Shippuden is on Disney LOL so if Naruto without blood is gonna be 18+ still at Japan i will laugh hard.

I really am gonna cringe if manga in general in book stores will stop selling :x or only in adult sections.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm gonna miss the blood I see in OP, since the manga comes out of Shonen Jump, which would be affected since it garners to a younger audience. Dunno how long it will take for this law to go in effect, but we'll see.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
One Piece is all about piracy.. Hopefully that doesn't fall under "crime" as All Luffy does is beat up other bad guys and
world government which is hiding the truth about themselves while proclaiming to be good
blood itself doesn't really bother me if its there or not, its a natural part of us. In some mangas though, like Prince of Tennis, blood gets ridiculous considering the setting.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Tennis on a normal basis can get bloody.

Tennis + XTREEEEEMMMEEEE = Prince of Tennis

I fail to see how that could be ridiculous >______________> *absolutely adores Tenipuri <3*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
there was one guy who crucified people one the fence smashing the ball into them....

People running into poles/boundaries and making a sacrifical dive for a point as if their life would end if they didn't the point...

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Amazing how people here are only now catching on to this, been keeping a closer look on all of this since the rapelay bull****. Also the fact they link back to Sankaku for source credit is a troll in of it's own, even though the article has more than enough truth in it. Anywhom Ishihara is said to not be running for a 4th term. Where that leads this ban as of now is anyone's guess.

But I am loling at all the people in that topic that are being such moarl***s. Honestly, instead of bashing people for getting off to works of fiction, ya should be trying to keep the actual sickos off the street.

Also has anyone noticed a link between all of this stuff? From Cairo, to the Eastern Seaboard, to now here in Cheeseland (Wisconsin), all of them have the same thing in common, either restriction of rights or fighting for some sort of freedom or right by any means.......

Well I may be looking a bit to hard into this but i dunno.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Who ever decided that blood was a terrible thing? Everyone has seen it. If you ever got scraped, cut, or had a bloody nose, ever, should you have been publicly censored?

I was about to make a point about women, but they SHOULD be kept away from public once a month. And not because of blood.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
once a month for what reason?

The US doesn't show blood on TV shows intended for a younger audience. Just speculating if Japan will follow this suit with all the "the youth is being mislead by anime" and crap.

I blame the guy who married a Visual novel character legally in Japan for this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, I can see Shonen Jump losing a huge chunk of their audience, but at the same time...say it does become a 18+ magazine, that doesn't stop parents from subscribing or buying it for their kids right? Kind of like how video games work?

However, if there is epic censor, then I'm just gonna lol. One thing I enjoy about watching the japanese or uncut american versions is for the violence, language, and no decision on censorship. Seriously...OP was entirely ruined by 4Kids. Green colored guns, Sanji sounding black and having a lollipop in his mouth, you never see a blow "connect", and they even skipped a whole arc WTF.

DBZ Kai on Nicktoons is not that bad. They don't show many blows connect, and no blood...but least they kept the original VA's.

For everything else that goes along with it.

Speaking of women, where are Global-Wolf, Meneil, Cristina, and Foodies?
Either having a book club or a sandwich club.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tika prob got tried of having herself and sen lumped together.

Foodies is playing Marf

Meneil is more in tune with the offline scene i would say.

Global-Wolf is missing here and in the pika social I think.

Top Bottom