• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
he's attending cause nationals in your area are important to go to regardless if you had quit or not.
Riiiight. He attended Phase X and DMT, and both are locals. He's not quitting anytime soon, so don't let him deceive you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ally killed all my hype for pound, then i just went and watched melee without caring for brawl.

Alright alright then Mr. Doom, lets see Dojo bring his name back as a top MK

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dojo "quit" but he didn't quit. He still goes to a lot of stuff that can reasonably be called "local," but I think he actually quit traveling across the country and such for the game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
like Genesis 2 intense. it was Armada vs Dr. PP for grand finals and Armada was a set up but Dr. PP won in the end.

Life stream was going crazy.

hell even the matches before that with Axe vs hbox and Dr. PP vs hbox as well.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think I did pretty well considering I barely practiced or went to tourney for 4 months. Only person who 2-0'd me was Nick Riddle. On delfino, I missed the free water kill (aethered him into water and he moved towards edge) and messed up all my bthrow dash attacks. I was sad, cause I was being technically consistent all tourney.

Coney wasn't too bad. I beat him pretty bad on battlefield cause I planked him all day rofl. I wouldn't let him bair me and was trying to get the bthrow->dash attack to pressure him offstage last match and ended up dying to a fthrow at 220.

Only people I beat in bracket were Jerm (TL), Squall(Snake), and Pikapika (pika/MK)

Fun sets all around. I hate Fing up more than losing.

This tourney also reinforced the fact that Pictochat should be banned, because it was used almost every other counterpick in hopes of worse players beating better players.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Picto is fun, but stupid competitively. I agree.

What caused you to lose to coney in the other 2 games? D:

Guess you ran out of steam san, it happens to us all. Still, people would give an arm and leg to place how you did at pound. Good stuff.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hm maybe, maybe not. I had a decent chance of taking the 2nd game off at least.

I felt bad playing Jerm cause he was in pajamas all shivering.

I lost first match to Coney cause he got me with bair while I was retreating in the air, so I DId bad and died way too early. So I decided not to get hit by bair no more, lol.

Yeah, I'm satisfied with how I placed. I haven't been tournament active since October/November, so it was a nice refresher.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It does work well on floaties if they don't SDI madly out of the Nair. It's also a good idea when someone SDIs jabs well and you'd rather get the guaranteed damage of Utilt instead of getting 4% from a jab and then reseting the situation without being in a very advantageous position.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I got jab->utilt on so many people it wasn't funny. It was funny at first, then it became not funny.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well played san, i hate people like you, when they can go without donig anything for ages and still kick *** XD
err...where are the vids exactly?

Top Bottom