• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
K guys. Let's talk gay.

How many frames off are we from a sliding shieldgrab CG with fthrow and bthrow? If we have a super CG on Bowser, we must at least be PRETTY close to CGs on other characters.

Even if CGs aren't guaranteed, as long as if we find out they have limited options (aka spotdodge or roll only), that's good enough for me.

I wasn't sure what the exact procedure to grab with the CG has on Bowser, but the quickest way to regrab for me is to dash, shield, then standing grab while sliding. Stall bthrow seems to work past 60% too. I feel this part is still unexplored. It'd be super ironic if this works for us.
I've practiced often trying CG Zigsta's bowser, but only get from 0-20 at best. It's just so close to being frame perfect (if not), that you're bound to mess up at some point. So do you shield with R and then grab with the slide? Normally, I just go with pressing Z.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dash grab is way too slow. You must shield, slide, then standing grab while sliding.

I thought you just dash grab too but then I'm like ,wait, Ike slides well in shield, let's give it a try.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty sure we can CG DK at least, but even if we can't CG people, I wonder how many characters' options only degrade to spot dodge or roll to escape?

Fthrow seems pretty useful staled, too, even though bthrow->dash attack is more guaranteed. It doesn't give people much time before you're in their face.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Exactly. When I tried namesearching it was kinda like everyone's saying I'm causing problems for the world :awesome:

My name is fairly unique... just not when split in half. xD
My name isn't unique split in half either. it becomes "Us" which all of us know is general, and "Si" implying that i'm like spanish which i'm not.

K guys. Let's talk gay.

How many frames off are we from a sliding shieldgrab CG with fthrow and bthrow? If we have a super CG on Bowser, we must at least be PRETTY close to CGs on other characters. (It seems REALLY close on DK for instance)

Even if CGs aren't guaranteed, as long as if we find out they have limited options (aka spotdodge or roll only), that's good enough for me.

I wasn't sure what the exact procedure to grab with the CG has on Bowser, but the quickest way to regrab for me is to dash, shield, then standing grab while sliding. Stall bthrow seems to work past 60% too. I feel this part is still unexplored. It'd be super ironic if this works for us.
I did fthrow mind game CG a Fox for 2 throws xD I'll try looking into that

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Damn Nys. My prayers go to you and your family. I lost my grandmother around two years ago in December. Wasn't really close to her so I didn't cry, but I feel bad for not being able to. At least my cousins had some one to read the eulogy.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I forgot to post about Nys. I feel your pain. This past fall my grandma was in the hospital, too.

I'd like to fully flesh out what we can do after fthrows and bthrows on people. Dash attack is nice, but I'm greedy for more.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It would take ~10 frames from shielding to the hitbox of jab coming out. Sounds close, though. I tried doing stuff like that and trying to get a jab in on grab air release, too, and it seemed pretty close.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
how about bthrow -> to jab combo?

whole procedure would look like: grab > (pummel) > bthrow > run > shield > jab combo. so lets say if bowser and DK can get bthrow chaingrabbed, the rest of the characters may get a guaranteed hit by this since jab is faster than grab.

another possibility: bthrow > run > shield > jab 1 > grab again.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Near 0% with Fthrow/Bthrow, you can try jab1(whiff)->jab2 or maybe a Bair on bigger characters.
At higher %s where the other characters are clearly able to airdodge after Bthrow/Fthrow, you can bait it with run->RAR Bair. I've gotten a kill like that on Will during my last tourney set.

And something I wanted to ask you guys, what's the most common things people do after Fthrow/Bthrow that puts them in the tumble position?(at high %s)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Roll? wtf lol
When you Bthrow someone at a high % and by the time you're near them(assuming you ran right after Bthrow), they should still be in the air or on the ground. They can tech if they go towards the ground, and if in the air, I don't think they can jump fast enough by the time Ike is near them. So it's usually an airdodge for me.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I bthrow someone when they're in tumble, If I think they're going to land near the edge, I charge a running reverse upsmash. If they tech, they get hit or they shield (knocked offstage). I wait to see what they will do if they don't tech it.

Optimally, you want to be outside of their getup attack hitbox, but still reach them if they do one or if they roll towards the edge.

Fthrow->dash attack works on some characters at high %, but still someone guess-based according to their DI.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Roll? wtf lol
When you Bthrow someone at a high % and by the time you're near them(assuming you ran right after Bthrow), they should still be in the air or on the ground. They can tech if they go towards the ground, and if in the air, I don't think they can jump fast enough by the time Ike is near them. So it's usually an airdodge for me.
You never specified if we're chasing after the throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If I bthrow someone when they're in tumble, If I think they're going to land near the edge, I charge a running reverse upsmash. If they tech, they get hit or they shield (knocked offstage). I wait to see what they will do if they don't tech it.

Optimally, you want to be outside of their getup attack hitbox, but still reach them if they do one or if they roll towards the edge.
I'll keep that in mind. Even though whenever I Bthrow towards the edge, they always fall off. :[

Fthrow->dash attack works on some characters at high %, but still someone guess-based according to their DI.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D25-hR5EtzM&feature=related#t=8m17s
I don't know if that's guaranteed but it really looks like it. lol
(talking about the Fthrow->jab, the rest of the clip is irrelevant. :l)

You never specified if we're chasing after the throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
True. lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if you want to get technical, shield canceled jab takes only takes...

dash + shield + shield drop + jab frames to do.... and i think the general universal dash is 10 frames so 20ish frames to do a dashing jab OoS

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
isn't that the same as buffered dash attack? Lemme try this out today. will prolly be back in the evening with some results.

EDIT: I was thinking, u guys know about DDD's buman trap near the edge? I was wondering if ike can do that by doing reverse upsmash when his opponent ends up lying on the edge of the stage.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
EDIT: I was thinking, u guys know about DDD's buman trap near the edge? I was wondering if ike can do that by doing reverse upsmash when his opponent ends up lying on the edge of the stage.
If you charge it, the opponent can just wait and use invincibility frames from rolling/get-up attack/standing up. If you make a read....well, it's gonna have to be a really good one to make sure you don't get powershield'd. The thing about DDD's trap is that Inhale uses a continuously active hitbox so no amount of invincibility frames will help you.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
the buman trap is ddd charging his dsmash near you when you're lying on the edge, there's no inhale here. This is what I'm talking about, just scroll dowm to buman trap.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dash attack hits on like frame 17
RAR bair is 10 frames for dash + 1 frame turnaround + 6-7 frames for bair I think
Running shield-> jab ~20
Walking jab->jab2 is ??

Ftilt seems pretty usable too

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Gotta add 7 more frames for the jump on RAR Bair. :I
Also, somebody remind me how to do jab2 out of jab walk. I need to start playing more often now. rofl

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yea, there's some specific timing to it.
Thanks, I got it down now. :l
I really think there are a few more practical uses with jab walk. Just needs to be explored a bit.

Top Bottom