• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
vote to option one all the way, delphino is a disgraceful stage and the world should feel bad for thinking of it as a neutral XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Delfino is no way a neutral when its all 37 characters. But when its only Ike dittos, is pretty fair :p

RC is a pretty fair stage too :p Cause its slow moving, has no hazards, and just really requires you to just keep a good position like any other stage.

Hell i'd argue RC to be neutral if people weren't so **** scared of MK there.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't think it's so much that people see it as a neutral stage but rather, more neutral than anything else when you have to find 9 legit starter stages.

I still think Frigate and PS2 are better starter stages than Delfino and Castle Siege.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I like Option 3. I can't stand playing on Lylat with all that lag. It's a recipe for disaster.

Though my ideal list would be Delf and Castle Siege.

As far as the banning goes...I'm fine with that. You can do that, or take some CP's out and put new ones in to replace.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well yeah i suppose, but i personally hate delphino with a passion so i would be against it XD
i can imagine on wifi lylat is bad because of its HD background, god**** i like that stage so much too XD
personally it should only ever be 5 stage starter with bf, sv, fd, yoshi's and lylat. but thats my opinion

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My opinion is Lylat, PS1, BF, YI, and SV for 5 stage starters.

If my(and Bored's) vote for option 3.14 isn't approved then I'll vote option 2

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Every stage with Ike dittos is neutral.

It doesn't matter to me. We could strike from the whole list for all I care.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, that'd be something. In the ditto MU it may not matter but WiFi changes things quite a bit, some stages are much laggier than others. Also have to consider that some people may hate/do really bad on certain stages (like G.P and Delfino).

These aren't super-serious tourneys anyways, which is why the stage list is so huge, so we can practice ridiculous stages at these to prepare in case we face them in offline tourneys. It's why I try to CP stages like Frigate, Japes, RC, Norfair and Brinstar at these.

Edit: This new font color and sign off may take a week or two to adjust to, lol. I've actually typed the : 034 : for Nidoking at the end of my posts on Facebook and other forums before, out of habit.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Thinking about that a bit more though, can Ike really out-camp another Ike with Aether? It's not hard to hit Ike out of Aether with Fair/Bair and staying in the water just puts you at risk of being water spiked yourself. We can try out Pirate Ship as a CP for this next bi-weekly and see how it goes, and then either keep it or ditch it when next season starts.

Pirate Ship is going to be a legal CP at my local tourney this weekend. :awesome:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, the new PR is up in the OP now though, it didn't take us long to decide on it this time.

Also, next bi-weekly will be the last one of this season, and then Season 3 will start fresh in December!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
On pirate ship? Water camping is pretty fruitless. The moment Ike goes back into the water, just run in and f-air him. You will be in the water first, and by the time he gets back in the water, you can spike him.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike falls too fast for water camping to be particularly effective. Ike is too prone to punishment if the aether whiffs. Either biding your time for the right timing for aether or playing safe near the ledge could work.

Much easier to work on most of the other characters though.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah I think Pirate Ship will be fine for Ike dittos tbh.

I'll put it on the CP list for next bi-weekly and I'll try CPing it whenever I can to see what happens. If people don't like it or it does prove to be really dumb then we can always remove it for next season.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
o wow pirate ship lol, interesting. Btw i found out i can platform cancel on pirate ship:/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah platform cancelling works on anything that moves, even if its the whole stage that sways.
i first did it on the ferris wheel on pictochat, was interesting to say the least, the next one is on 28th right?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also consider that some people may hate/do really bad on certain matchups (like Ike dittos)

oh wait -_-

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Relationships aren't ever set, people change (good and bad). And divorce rates are so high :x its not even a surprise if couples break up even after being together for so long.. I hope the best in that regard for ya~

/notatbrett'sperfectrelationship

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Golden-psycho and girl will be next popular couple on 16 and pregnant XP haha
no idea what thats a quote from XD
nah in all fairness ive onyl been dating her a few weeks, i dont think shes that easy XD
but we hooked up on haloween, which makes me laugh

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
@GP: well for both the occasions,

1 - make sure to space well so that they don't get to you too easily.
2 - surprise them by staying unpredictable.

seriously, I don't think dating and brawling r very different from each other.

Top Bottom