• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There was an actual set determined because the claw saved him. Someone right now should not have a win on their record.
Yeah, But brett claims to be so free on wifi, This was like the gift wifi gave him for all the crap it did to him previously XD

And yeah I'm fine with moving it back, Means I'll be able to play more silly doubles and possibly smash soccer at long last
As for halberd. I dont think anyone actively wants to go there, and if one person does than the other one certainly doesnt

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We can certainly try Castle Siege as a starter for the next bi-weekly but I don't think Halberd was really a big problem as a starter per say. Castle Siege does have it's own problems too, and while the claw is telegraphed and avoidable in most cases, falling through the stage randomly during a CS transition is neither telegraphed nor avoidable when it happens. PS1 and Lylat are out of the question as far as I'm concerned (shenanigans and lag respectively), and Delfino will be too common a counter-pick (since the person counter-picking is always using Ike and MK is banned) to qualify as a starter for practical purposes.

Brett and/or Slaps: Did you guys play the Ike ditto on Halberd or was it counter-picked?

Claw. Like I mentioned before, it was dangerous enough to be removed from Project M.
I'm skeptical. Are you sure that decision was made because it was such a huge threat or just because they were revamping stages and some people said it was a nuisance? They could have been like "well we have the power to make it a non-factor entirely so let's just do that". Seems more likely to be the latter considering the claw very very rarely plays a significant role in a match, but at the same time it makes sense to remove it if you can.

Napos 4253-6288-3166 enter me in!
Cool, adding your info to the OP. You'll still need to confirm your attendance for the next bi-weekly once sign-ups officially start sometime this weekend. I prefer if people confirm closer to the event so there is less possibility of other plans and last-minute things popping up.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
His DK vs my Ike.
Yah so I mean, on the one hand, I don't think Halberd was even a factor in any Ike dittos so far. I don't think I had a single set that didn't start on BF or SV. Plus I would think Ike would generally have better CPs than Halberd considering the other options available, so I don't think it'll be counter-picked too often outside of player preference (in which case it would get CP'd regardless of where it was in the stage list).

On the other hand, if it does become a common CP... I may consider switching for CS. I still think CS will be a more common CP for Ike than Halberd though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doesn't really matter if it's not used as a CP or if it is. If CS is a popular CP, and assuming people strike it during the starter list, what's to stop the loser from CP'in it barring a ban? Same goes with Halberd.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd just rather not have popular CP stages as potential starters, even if they'll rarely (if ever) actually get struck down to for the first match. I'm still of the opinion that Halberd is better for the Ike ditto than CS as well, but like I said, we can try CS as a starter at least for next tournament.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Halberd is trivial offline, but it may be more annoying to deal with if there's lag.

Napos

Smash Ace
Cool, adding your info to the OP. You'll still need to confirm your attendance for the next bi-weekly once sign-ups officially start sometime this weekend. I prefer if people confirm closer to the event so there is less possibility of other plans and last-minute things popping up.

Okay. When is the next bi-weekly? and what time? I am guessing East coast? I am MT so I'll be 2 hours back.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay. When is the next bi-weekly? and what time? I am guessing East coast? I am MT so I'll be 2 hours back.
Next bi-weekly will be the 27th of this month, and you can find the start times for all North American time zones in the post just below the OP. Mind you, it hasn't been updated with times for the next bi-weekly yet. I'll be making a new post this weekend with all the info you'll need.

Napos

Smash Ace
Next bi-weekly will be the 27th of this month, and you can find the start times for all North American time zones in the post just below the OP. Mind you, it hasn't been updated with times for the next bi-weekly yet. I'll be making a new post this weekend with all the info you'll need.

Okay sounds delicious. Look forward to playing you guys.

BTW..I play Soulsilver and I LOVE my Tyranitar.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend, Diablo 3 johns.

Anyways, you can now sign-up or confirm attendance for the tournament this Sunday. There are two notable changes from the last tourney: Halberd is now a CP and Castle Siege is a starter, and the tournament will start one hour earlier than usual.

Updated stage list:

Stage List said:
~ Starters ~

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Castle Siege
Smashville

~ Counter Picks ~

Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Updated time schedule:

Time Schedule said:
The tournament will be held on Sunday, May 27th at:

11:00 am PST
12:00 pm MST
1:00 pm CST
2:00 pm EST
So start confirming any time if you can make it!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll be at ICNA (big Muslim convention in CT). Memorial day weekend not the best weekend as its a big vacation weekend

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Not gonna be there this time, I'm at an anime convention, and I'll probably be taking money off scrubs at the brawl event

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Got my wireless working, so I should be good to go. Even if my roommate shows up it doesn't seem like there are many people coming to this, so helping him move in shouldn't slow things down too much (if I'm needed >.>).

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I can come to this one. I have work but it looks like the tourney going to be short anyway.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'd rather have someone who has attended and been a veteran of this thing. I'd do it myself, but I can't make it tomorrow either.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Only four signed up though.

Jam
Vinyl.
Kimchi
And probably foodies.

No sweat at all. I can do dis for today and tomorrow.
Except the percentages, lol. I have no idea how to do those.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You just proved my point on why you can't run the data. Anyways, I'm just gonna hope Nys makes a post. If not, I figure this will be cancelled.

Top Bottom