• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And perhaps one of the biweeklies could be replaced by a crew battle between swf ikes and aib ikes?
I'd rather not replace a bi-weekly with it. I was thinking we could do it after this first season is done so we're more used to buffering properly in the lag. We could be smarter and more technical than them but still lose because they're able to play faster with input lag.

fc- 1935 9362 4057

ready for saturday ;D
Awesome! Adding you to the list and OP now.

And actually the tourney date is this Sunday the 13th at 3:00 pm EST, we like to leave Saturday open for people to do offline events or just non-smash related stuff.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'd rather not replace a bi-weekly with it. I was thinking we could do it after this first season is done so we're more used to buffering properly in the lag. We could be smarter and more technical than them but still lose because they're able to play faster with input lag.
Thats a good point actually, Fair enough then!

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
It turns out I might be going to a tournament on Saturday. Sunday should still be free for me, but I don't know if I'll have time or still want to play more after the tournament. But in the case that I don't go on Saturday, I'll be here.

/didn't actually confirm anything

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This coming sunday, not sure what time it is for you, If you're FL then i would think it happens just after lunchtime

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Florida is EST, so it'd be 3:00 pm on Sunday.

Honestly though I'll probably be bumping the start time back an hour for the second bi-weekly. We can suck up an earlier start in NA but I don't want running out of time to be an issue for European players, especially when the work week starts the next day.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well for me, it goes from 8pm till 11pm which is just fine. But it could be an issue for those east of england

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm sure you'll want to stick around for lolfriendlies afterwards too though, so an extra hour of leeway couldn't hurt.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm sure you'll want to stick around for lolfriendlies afterwards too though, so an extra hour of leeway couldn't hurt.

Indeed, But if you hadnt noticed, last night I was on the computer untill 3am. the time doesnt affect me personally, but it might for other euro's

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
lol, last time I joined these I went 0-50.

swag.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Yep, I think it was because I would usually get there late or im usually occupied with something to do on sundays. If my wii was reading now, id prolly would be active more lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry, I was without my laptop for a day, needed to have the video card replaced.

Very. Very.
Interested.

Vinyl / 1291-4068-0982
Excellent, adding to OP and stats list now.

@Everybody:

For anyone who isn't 100% sure about how switching between Ike and secondaries is going to work, I did up an example set in collapse tags in the OP. Hopefully everyone is already on the same page with the concept but I want to make absolute sure that everyone is following the same rules, and it's difficult to enforce in a WiFi round robin that I will be participating in as well.

Even if you think you're clear on the set progression, it may be a good idea to check out the example set anyways to be sure you didn't miss anything. Here is the example set (it covers the basics as well, can't assume that everyone has been to a lot of tourneys):

[collapse=~ Example Set ~]Set: Foo vs Bar

Foo strikes Final Destination --->-- Bar strikes Yoshi's Island and Halberd --->-- Foo strikes Smashville

Match 1: Foo :ike: vs :ike: Bar on Battlefield
-------------- Winner

Foo selects a secondary character (:dk2:) and announces it to Bar --->-- Foo bans Lylat Cruise --->-- Bar counter-picks Delfino Plaza

Match 2: Foo :dk2: vs :ike: Bar on Delfino Plaza
------------------------------- Winner

Bar selects a secondary character (:warioc:) and announces it to Foo --->-- Bar bans Final Destination --->-- Foo counter-picks Halberd

Match 3: Foo :ike: vs :warioc: Bar on Halberd
-------------- Winner

Foo wins the set 2 to 1
[/collapse]

Hopefully that makes it more clear for some than just the written rules, but if anyone still has questions about how that will work (specifically if there's some loophole or loose end that you think I missed), please ask me. I want the amount of confusion about the rules on Sunday to be equivalent to Ike's level of sympathy output.

Like I mentioned before, I will be drilling holes into your heads about how the sets are supposed to work until the first tourney, so just ignore it if you already know exactly what you're doing. I'll probably include the full rules list and example set in any reminder PMs I send out to people who have signed-up.

P.S. You get a cookie if you know why I used "Foo" and "Bar".

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To get more experience with other MUs.

Also: *takes the oo in Foo, replaces with u, combines with Bar, makes all of the letters capital*

*takes cookie*

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So it's just Ike dittos, and then selecting a secondary when you lose a round?
Actually, you play as a secondary if you won the last match, and you play as Ike if you lost. In the example, Foo wins the first match so he picks DK for the second match. Bar then wins the second match so he picks Wario for the third. In both cases, the person who just lost a match has to use Ike for the next one.

To get more experience with other MUs.

Also: *takes the oo in Foo, replaces with u, combines with Bar, makes all of the letters capital*
You're partly right, cause that's one of the possible origins of "Foobar" (or "Foo" and "Bar"), which is often used as a placeholder in computer programming.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I've confirmed for the tournament on Saturday, so I'll be passing on this biweekly. I might stop by for random friendlies though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Actually, you play as a secondary if you won the last match, and you play as Ike if you lost. In the example, Foo wins the first match so he picks DK for the second match. Bar then wins the second match so he picks Wario for the third. In both cases, the person who just lost a match has to use Ike for the next one.
Makes sense.

Also, it turns out I can't play this weekend or the next. :/
Mom's been yellow at me since yesterday and took my stuff away.

:////////////

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Not sure if I missed it in the post about the picking secondaries if you win, but I just wanna know is that an optional thing? or you have to do it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've confirmed for the tournament on Saturday, so I'll be passing on this biweekly. I might stop by for random friendlies though.
Dang, well good luck at that tourney!

Oh wow, didn't even notice this was this weekend. Count me in!
Awesome, adding to list and etc...

Also, it turns out I can't play this weekend or the next. :/
Mom's been yellow at me since yesterday and took my stuff away.

:////////////
Well that sucks... they're bi-weeklies though so the next one after this will be in two weeks, on Sunday the 27th.

Not sure if I missed it in the post about the picking secondaries if you win, but I just wanna know is that an optional thing? or you have to do it.
im assuming you have to, that way the loser is forced to learn other mu's as ike.
Yep, you have to play as a secondary if you win and Ike if you lose. If some people did and some people didn't the sets/results would be skewed. That's why I'm so adamant about everyone being 100% on the same page for the rules.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, thanks, it's been updated.

Sign-ups end at midnight EST tonight so if you're lurking and want to sign-up, better do it now!

Top Bottom