• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iGT6 - MELEE tournament - 11/1/08 - WE NEED GAMECUBES/MELEE AND TVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
ok, so phil would do both tournaments, but at completey different dates. so we could do another melee tourney at iNet, and then have a really big brawl tournament at the winghouse.

cuz for real, if we held a melee tournament, it'll be like a 30 man tourney at most, so iNet will suffice. for brawl, we can make it huge, and then we'll need to locate to the winghouse. Lemme do some talking with phil and see what he wants to do exactly. Cuz i spoke with him like 2 weeks ago and he said he would definitely do both tournaments but like i said they wont be done at the same time, they would have to be on two completey different dates.

-hiro
Do this please.

I'd actually go to the wing house tourney.

Cuz your chuck norris in disguise?
Yeah.

Renth

Smash Hero
a notice to everyone who doesn't know what happened at the last INET.

A wii and xbox controllers were stolen and we lost the venue, everyone try to keep on their best behavior because i didn't think they'd let anyone host a tournament there again.

no.. i won't be there but i thought it'd be good to refresh everyones memory.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
a notice to everyone who doesn't know what happened at the last INET.

A wii and xbox controllers were stolen and we lost the venue, everyone try to keep on their best behavior because i didn't think they'd let anyone host a tournament there again.

no.. i won't be there but i thought it'd be good to refresh everyones memory.
this is true, iNet is an extremly good venue and we almost lost it cuz someone stole a wii. None of that better happen at this.

So i sent out an emial to phil about holding melee on the 1st saturday of november and the brawl one on the first saturday of december. lets see what he responds with.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whaaaaaat. what you doin ****tin all over my tourney date hiro? :embarrass

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
can you change your date gdx? change it to the weekend after or something?
I dont want to do that for two reasons:

1. its the 2nd saturday of the month, probably meaning melee gigs will be there

2. if its only a week before the 3rd saturday of the month, brawl gigs, alot of people wont be able to afford making a trip to my tourney, and then to gigs the very next week. Most people are gonna choose one of those, which is gigs obviously. If its two weeks away thats alittle more time for people to save up money and make both trips

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Please tell me Sparky the Tourney Director isn't going to be there... : / that guy got on my last nerve...

Anyways, I should hit up the Brawl one.. Melee.......meh

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
looks like a nice place in the venues. I think this is the closest LAN center to my actual house, and thats like 40 minutes away :laugh:

but 50% pot ****? you gotta talk them down hiroshi. Im not going, but thats still messed up. See if they'll go the door fee route. We should see if gigs would go the door fee route...i'd rather pay 5 more bucks than see 30-50% of the pot taken away.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
looks like a nice place in the venues. I think this is the closest LAN center to my actual house, and thats like 40 minutes away :laugh:

but 50% pot ****? you gotta talk them down hiroshi. Im not going, but thats still messed up. See if they'll go the door fee route. We should see if gigs would go the door fee route...i'd rather pay 5 more bucks than see 30-50% of the pot taken away.
they have been very strict on the pot since iGT1. Which was over a year ago. I sent him a very long email about it but it isnt budging. But everything else is so perfect it doesnt matter. Awesome owner, supply like 12 tvs of their own, mad friendlies, very roomy, A/C!!1 great venue.

-hiro

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I can probably make the Melee one. So where will it be held? Winghouse? Or a lan center of some kind? I'm a little confused.

Top Bottom