• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iGT6 - MELEE tournament - 11/1/08 - WE NEED GAMECUBES/MELEE AND TVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
so to all of you melee players who remember the amazing iGT series i was running, i have an announcement. I talked will phil, the owner, and he said he would be willing to hold a big brawl tournament. Im talking like $100+ peepz. And they supply like all their own tv's! All my iGT tournies were great and everyone loved them. Now im ready to bring this over to brawl. It will be held in wing house type restaurant, with some nice, skimpily clad female servers. I want to set something up, i was thinking november, december'ish, to have enough time for preparation. what ya guys think?

IT'S OFFICIAL, iGT6 IS HERE!!!!1

Hiroshi and iNet Gamerz presents : iGT6

CHECK UP ON THE 'NEW INFO" SECTION FOR UPDATES!!!

THIS IS A LINK TO THE GAME CENTERS WEBSITE.
http://www.inetgamerz.com/

current info:

Where:
105 broadway
Kissimmee, Fl 34741

When:
November 1st 2008

2v2: 12:00 p.m.
1v1: 1 hour after teams finishes

Prices
2v2: $20 per team
1v1: $15
50% is taken out of the pot. Then it becomes a 60/30/10 pot split.

Rules:
standard mlg ruleset...same ruleset as gigabits...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages:
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

New Info:

its a nice venue...pretty roomie...good a/c....
please give me your thoughts...there is no reason why this can't be big...and he plans to do a series of tournaments....

comments...concerns...please write back...peace

Attendance:
1)hiroshi
2)hbox
3)zoro
4)marin
5)vericz
6)uuaa
7)actionb@stard
8)kyon
9)coco

SET-UPS:
gamecubes:
6 - iNet Gamerz
1 - hiroshi
(we just need to bring mad melee set-ups)

tv's:
12-14 - iNet Gamerz
(iNet supplies all the tv's)

MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 922 - 1048
MY HOME PHONE NUMBER IS (407) - 932 - 3450
hiroshi988@yahoo.com
aim and yahoo screen name: hiroshi988

-hiro

SheerMadness

Smash Master
lol why would it be in a winghouse? He'd have to like shutdown the restaurant in order to have a huge brawl tourney, he or whoever owns it is willing to do that?

I'd go though.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
woo wing girls = Smash girls. man! You know that is action favorite smash combo XD!

but on all seriusess. I am up for it man

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
so to all of you melee players who remember the amazing iGT series i was running, i have an announcement. I talked will phil, the owner, and he said he would be willing to hold a big brawl tournament. Im talking like $100+ peepz. And they supply like all their own tv's! All my iGT tournies were great and everyone loved them. Now im ready to bring this over to brawl. It will be held in wing house type restaurant, with some nice, skimpily clad female servers. I want to set something up, i was thinking november, december'ish, to have enough time for preparation. what ya guys think?

-hiro
rofl, this is like the king of the couch **** i went to when i lived in NY, they held it at bennigans, and it was way too good.

oh and make it melee, brawl has tourneys ALL THE TIME. Why help brawl out when it needs no helping.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Make it melee

INET is my 2nd favorite venue

Im a gigabits fanboy so yeah..

Inet is amazing tho

WII THIEF I WILL DESTROY YOU IF YOU COME TO THIS TOURNEY AND STEAL ANOTHER WII

Zoro

Smash Champion
brawl can suck my ****

We have a brawl tournament nearly every week why would we need another one.

Finch

Smash Lord
Seriously make it both. Most people would enter both events. idk how you would do it but you should do both.

Frames

DI
Seriously make it both. Most people would enter both events. idk how you would do it but you should do both.
yo it could be like a lock-in where one flat rates gets u entrance into everything + unlimited wings. that way there would be enough time to run 4 events also.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok, so phil would do both tournaments, but at completey different dates. so we could do another melee tourney at iNet, and then have a really big brawl tournament at the winghouse.

cuz for real, if we held a melee tournament, it'll be like a 30 man tourney at most, so iNet will suffice. for brawl, we can make it huge, and then we'll need to locate to the winghouse. Lemme do some talking with phil and see what he wants to do exactly. Cuz i spoke with him like 2 weeks ago and he said he would definitely do both tournaments but like i said they wont be done at the same time, they would have to be on two completey different dates.

-hiro

h1roshi

Smash Hero
I think i will try and do the smaller melee tourney first for november and then i will try to organize a big brawl tournament in december. And for brawl i want like 80+, or its not worth it. Im talking huge venue , AND THEY WILL SUPPLY THE TVS AND HAVE IT ALL SET UP FOR US. and yes they are non HD tube tv's.!!!!!!

-hiro

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
phil, is an awesome host, I felt really bad when his wii got stolen, I wanted to give him some money but I was broke.

Both tourney sounds awesome btw, i'd go.

Top Bottom