• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If they banned your main...

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
What if, today, just now, your main that you use most of the time in tournaments was suddenly banned in all Unity Ruleset tournaments? Would you continue to play Brawl competitively? Would you pick up a new character? Or would you stick up your middle finger to the URC and only go to tournaments that don't use Unity?

Personally I'd still play competitively, but I'd have to switch mains because there's only one tournament series in my area that doesn't use Unity. My new main would be R.O.B. :cool:

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Roflmao. Fox isn't going to get banned. Ever. He is far from his godly Melee version.

And if you're hypothetically talking about MK mains, I wouldn't worry. Most competitive players are in it for money and/or glory, so they'll probably just pick up another character and keep playing.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know Fox won't get banned, ever, but I thought it was fun to think about.

link2702

Smash Champion
i'd be scratching my head wondering wtf kind of reason would they even have to ban pit?

his voice is OPed?

and then yes i'd just pick a different character.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i'd be scratching my head wondering wtf kind of reason would they even have to ban pit?

his voice is OPed?

and then yes i'd just pick a different character.
At least he shuts up mid way through his side special. In Japanese it's all "YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd learn a new character then. Game is still fun for me, regardless of who i use. I just use Ike since i'm just comfortable with him.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
They'd be mad about Ness' PK Fire, I suppose. But in all seriousness, no character was ever banned, and Meta Knight broke that because... well, he is, by far, the most broken thing I have seen in any game. Period.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
They'd be mad about Ness' PK Fire, I suppose. But in all seriousness, no character was ever banned, and Meta Knight broke that because... well, he is, by far, the most broken thing I have seen in any game. Period.
MOST of Brawls top tiers are broken as ****.

SEE ALSO: Diddy, Snake, ICs,

Jet300

Smash Ace
If mained a character who is banned.
I will learn how to play as ever character in brawl.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This is how people playing MK from day 1 feel, and the decisions they had to make.

The answer is an easy one.

Play Melee.

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
Brawl already has its flaws and banning chars is going to make it worse.
But to play along... if Peach was banned I would merely pick up that slack with Zelda or Pika.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
This is interesting since no one here would probably get their main banned, xD.

Falco would get banned long before Fox ever would.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd use my secondary main.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
When the community gets to the point of thinking Link sucks so much that they had to ban him?

I'll split between Marth TL and Luigi then.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
They ban Marth, I go to Captain Falcon. They ban him, I go to R.O.B.. I'll keep working my way down the list until they reach Ganondorf... and then ban him too, in which case, I'd hack the game and main Master Hand.

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
lesse, if Marth was banned, I'd pick up either Kirby, who I'm actually a bit familiar with, or Lucario, who I'm learning.

If those were banned, i'd just say "fk it" and just go play brawl-. Or actually do something other than videogames OH MY GOD HE ACTUALLY SAID IT.

Curs3dfox

Smash Rookie
I would be very upset because I love Jigglypuff, and if I couldn't play her then the game would suck..

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I main two characters, Jiggly and Diddy, so it would'nt be bad if one of them got banned.

But if both of them got banned? Meh, I've got Sonic and G&W as secondaries I can pick up and learn more.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well, what I'm mostly hearing is that a ban on 'your' main would lead 'you' to acquiring a new main. So ultimately you can't win because you decide to rest your alternative on something that lead you to being banned in the first place... by random chance.

Notorious catch-22.

Of course I'm using 'you' in a non interpersonal sense.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ban Game and Watch? I don't think so. XD

But if he somehow was, I'd probably switch to either Kirby(who I rock as), D3(who I'm proficient with), or Yoshi(who I'm currently practicing).

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I main Pit, Sonic, Kirby, & PT with a pocket Sheik & Ganon. I'm not hurting even if you banned three of them.

Rocks a horrible move.

:3
Yeah Rock sucks. Stone, however, is pretty cool.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Interesting thread.

I'd probably have an identity crisis.
Falco would probably be my next best character (I main Marth).
However, I do like the idea of using someone in High Tier or below (anything after Pikachu).
Would be a nice refresher, and it presents a nice challenge.
Lucario (dat Trela flashiness lol), Fox, and Zss all look really fun to play, while still barely being within the viable range.

I guess I just have a taste for being flashy because all of those characters fit that perfectly x)

Random gets banned. Darn it! In the situation of random getting banned, probably move onto a specific character like Fox.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would mourn the loss of Mr. Game & Watch, then main Ike.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Since I play PT, would they have to ban all three Pokemon, or just Squirtle? :awesome:

I would go use my secondary of Wolf/Pikachu if they banned the Trainer.

Cleod

Smash Cadet
If they ever banned my main then I'd switch to Ganondorf despite how awfully he was nerfed down from Melee-Brawl just cuz

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If they ever banned my main then I'd switch to Ganondorf despite how awfully he was nerfed down from Melee-Brawl just cuz
Actually Ganon got a decent amount of buffs.

Just a few bugs, RCO lag, and mechanics changes hurt him far harder than most characters.

Top Bottom