• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have been challenged to a duel, need your help.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
seriously, just pick marth and forward throw till she's at an edge then forward smash. rinse and repeat

honestly though, if some girl who plays kirby "challenges" you, she's probably actually flirting with you.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
honestly though, if some girl who plays kriby "challenges" you, she's probably actually flirting with you.
Everybody has it all wrong except for this guy.
I'm arguably one of the more knowledgeable players in my county, and here's a flexible stepbystep to get you thru:

1. Choose marth and play for real.

2. If you feel like you are for sure going to win, let her make a comeback.

3. Rage at her for using Kriby, the cheapest character in the smash series.

4. Challenge her to a Kriby ditto to show her "how easy it is". Make sure to suck her with B to steal her abilities, then ask her "Have you seen this??" ->taunt and throw the star away.

5. She is probably going to **** you in the ditto.

6. Plug pull and leave your dorm to let her think about what she's done.

You can take it from here. Good luck, this sounds like a fun occasion.

Player-1

Smash Legend
try going pichu first game, I heard pichu wrecks kirby pretty hard because he can suck pichu up but the b button still hurts kirby and stuff, if it doesn't work out game 1 then keep trying.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Let her pwn you.

Then feel bad when you find out that she's not interested in you.

Profit. lolwut?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Sounds like a scrub battle. I started competitive smash watching old school videos, maybe you can try a few of those. Try using Marth. Takes about a week to learn basic tech skill (wavedash, short hop, L-Cancel) and learn some basic technique (gimps, chaingrabbing, ken combo) and a another week to use it to some degree if you're playing an hour a day. By then you'll be at the transition phase to the transition phase of learning pro Melee.

I'm surprised nobody in your whole college plays competitively. But then again, I'm just a middle schooler who happens to be able to play competitive Melee without anyone to play with.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
.......................................the fact that SHE plays KIRBY is enough of an indicator that you are going to **** her with anyone

schoin

Smash Cadet
If poundslap were here, he'd be like

KIRBY IS AN UNWINNABLE MATCHUP FOR MARTH BECAUSE KIRBY CAN DUCK AND MARTH CANT GRAB HIM
Do you know poundslap at all? You haven't mentioned Armada or PAL once and how unfair NTSC is. :3

BunBun

Smash Master
This is your best strat:
Everybody has it all wrong except for this guy.
I'm arguably one of the more knowledgeable players in my county, and here's a flexible stepbystep to get you thru:

1. Choose marth and play for real.

2. If you feel like you are for sure going to win, let her make a comeback.

3. Rage at her for using Kriby, the cheapest character in the smash series.

4. Challenge her to a Kriby ditto to show her "how easy it is". Make sure to suck her with B to steal her abilities, then ask her "Have you seen this??" ->taunt and throw the star away.

5. She is probably going to **** you in the ditto.

6. Plug pull and leave your dorm to let her think about what she's done.

You can take it from here. Good luck, this sounds like a fun occasion.

However, if you actually want to win the matchup, anyone that says pick anything other than Fox is just plain wrong.
Grab > Upthrow > Upair if she can't DI well.
If she camps the ledge with inhale, just run to the other side of the stage and shoot lasers. Never approach. If you're forced to approach, jump OVER the Kirby, off the stage, and double jump backair.

The end. Anyone that says "Use marth" is bad. ANYONE.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
dude you don't even have to learn advanced techniques. forget SH fairing with marth, you're not gonna need it against her

pick peach and spam turnips, and when she gets close just learn how to float barely off the ground and fair her if she tries to approach, and then whenever you can just crouch cancel down smash her. crouch cancelling is when you hold down so your stun time is reduced (does anyone know exactly by how much?) so you eat the hit but don't go anywhere, and then you use the move of your choice. with peach, dsmash *****

or choose fox and just laser her until she gets close, then up throw up air her

seriously, if you actually want to win and don't care about learning advanced techniques to be cool, thats what you should do

you got this ****

Battlecow

Play to Win
Offer to money match her

Win by one stock and then offer double or nothing

repeat til you have all her money

refuse sexual favors in exchange for debt-collecting lenience

PROFIT.

Rykard

Smash Ace
don't most kirbys just jump and use Down-B? thats what like 90% of the people do when they play that character who don't know anything about the competitive scene. just wait for that, shield, and then grab > combo

Rappster

Smash Ace
don't most kirbys just jump and use Down-B? thats what like 90% of the people do when they play that character who don't know anything about the competitive scene. just wait for that, shield, and then grab > combo
this basically. bad kirbys (half my high school) spam downb and fsmash. shield that ****, upsmash oos (easiest advanced technique ever, just hit up on both sticks at the same time while shielding).

don't go ganon. if the kirby turns out to be decent, she can duck under anything ganon has except well spaced air attacks and dtilt.

if the kirby is good, i'd pick whoever you know best from marth, luigi and shiek.
marth= space sh nair/fair and fsmash a lot
shiek= ftilt->fair/uair repeat. dthrow->ftilt. dsmash
luigi ****s kirby up. camp. your ariels beat hers, and kirby can't get past dsmash and ftilt.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Lol it's like all of you have simply decided that Wi sucks a** just because she uses Kirby. Much of the advice given in this thread is damned useless if Wi turns out to be somewhat decent.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
-You are not very technical
-You like the c-stick
-Your opponent uses Kirby

Pick Marth. F-smash. A lot.

There ya go

:phone:
holy **** read my mind
really though, pick marth. Spam forward smash, and the occasional aerial and grab.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Haha there's a decent possibility. I liked to do this when I first played smash 64.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Everyone does that when they start playing 64

It's kind of hilarious because once they start getting ****ed up by shield->grab, they switch away from kirby, but if they stuck with him and learned to Utilt, they'd be unbeatable until their friends got quite good.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
uses Kirby
From this you know that she's either a serious n00b or someone with tricks up their sleeve.
I would assume the latter, just for the sake of being cautious and my advice would be to watch as many pro Kirby videos as possible. Once you know everything that Kirby might do you already have a great advantage, from there, you can start thing about whatever else might be required.

Whatever you do, do not listen to the naysayers. A good Kirby is like a good Pichu. It has the element of surprise and a vast amount of unknown potential. If you let the supposedly bad status of the character cloud your judgement, you will lose.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You really have become depressing lately, you know that BunBun?

Anyway, I've suddenly realised what the implication of this topic is:

You've met a hot asian girl.
She likes you.
She plays one of the greatest games on the planet.
And she wants to suck you.

Yeah, I'm jealous.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Y'all are so ********

Really? Have you really never met girls before? Like, I understand one or two "she's a girl" jokes, but (and I know this is clichéd) does the fact that she's female mean that EVERY post in the thread has to be a variation on "**** her"?

Buncha ****ing weeaboos, swear to god.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Oh come on! She plays Kirby. That was bound to cause rude jokes.
Complaining about the non-Kirby related rude comments seems justified though. Why were they necessary and how did they relate to the topic at hand?

On the other hand, if you found out about a girl who was into your favourite game, would you not react a bit too excitedly yourself (assuming you weren't in her presence)?

BunBun

Smash Master
Y'all are so ********

Really? Have you really never met girls before? Like, I understand one or two "she's a girl" jokes, but (and I know this is clichéd) does the fact that she's female mean that EVERY post in the thread has to be a variation on "**** her"?

Buncha ****ing weeaboos, swear to god.
Because women are objects, and their only purposes are to cook, clean and please me.

Top Bottom