• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Human Body Mafia - Game Cancelled - All Roles Posted

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hey guys, I have been trying to keep up with the thread. I don't want a no-lynch but I'm not really sold on either Wii or KevinM being mafia. It seems more like a misunderstanding than anything.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Messed up this vote count accidentally. You'll have to refer to one of the earlier or later vote counts, sorry.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vote: Replace all inactives

I state we have way to many inactives in this game to possibly consider it playable until we narrow it down as I think it was Tom stated.

Look at Ussi and Breakwing, they put votes on me during the Joke phase because they didn't realize Mass Claim is obviously a joke and then went inactive.

My list of suspicions before this night ends with a No Lynch.
McCloud- To summarize his play style for the majority of the day one it has been
Vote someone
I'll explain later.

SpamMaster- Also very inactive, put the band wagon vote on me with the reasoning "It's the best we've got" Not very telling just a worthy note.

Gold Shadow- I can't figure out much about this player yet, but his voting for Wii just because he multiquotes and his odd votes, without reasoning make him suspicious in my book.

<3- I'm always suspicious of love because I never have a CLUE of what he's thinking it's not a scum suspicion, more of a suspicion of what he's planning.

Var- Stayed fairly active in the first couple days of Day 1 and then seemed to disappear.

Now keep in mind this isn't a I think this person is automatically scum list, I just believe that they have rather suspicious play styles at this point.

Inactives
Ussi
Breakwing
Flipstar
-Chad-
Spam-Master (He did post fairly recently but not many)

This is my brief summary post, check it before ya wreck it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll get in touch with Ussi. From what I heard, he was on vacation, but I think he might be back or coming back soon.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No, but posts at who you're suspicious of, or plans of action, or even just your thoughts on the game would be cool. At least when you have posted you've (for the most part) had some substance though. Don't OMGUS just because I've pointed you out in a post.

I guess it's a No Lynch anyways -_-. Yay for hardly any info day 1s.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I've been busy lately whe I was trying to hang out with my GF as much as possible before college, and now with actual college. But, i have been checking the thread, its just that nothing interesting has happened.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry about my activity kind of dropping off near the end of day 1 there guys. I'll come back in full force come day two, however should it start any time from friday to late monday, don't expect to hear from me. I'll be at Otakon busy as hell, so you won't hear from me until I get back. XP

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I mostly disappeared because it's Day 1, and I've been busier than usual lately.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
It's a no lynch. So far, the body seems to have maintained its equilibrium.

As of now, it is Night One. Those of you who have night actions, send them in, or tell me you don't want to use them. Those of you who don't have night actions, just wait for those who do.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Day Two Begins

Your body wakes up, feeling even better than you did yesterday.

However, as you look down at your side, you see that your nightshirt is caked with dried blood. You lift it up revealing a dead growth.

It was Cancer, played by Pythag. He had the ability to recruit one player every night into his Cancerous Growth. However, if he tried to recruit a mafia member, he would die of infection.

Lucky for you, he died before he could spread all over your body.

It is now Day Two. It takes ten out of twenty votes to lynch.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Guess the mafia went with the no nightkill route last evening, probably to let the town run around with as little info as possible. Or they were roleblocked or docblocked, but eh.

Sorry for the cult leader, one of the more interesting roles.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I actually agree with Marsh. In a large game like this, it's keeping us in the dark a lot longer than we want.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
so basically:

Pythag was cancer, an independently aligned cult that had a mason-esque restriction of death when you recruit a mafia.

He died in the night, which means that he could have:

1. recruited someone, and then been killed by mafia (cancer STILL SPREADING)
  2. attempted to recruit mafia and died (cancer DEAD)

seeing as how there was no mafia nightkill to go alongside a misrecruit, i suggest that we assume #1 occurred, because the other options are for a mafia no-kill (and that is just poor play by the mafia) or a doctor save. if doctor saved someone and they didnt die, i would suggest saving the same person again if you dont find someone better to save today (because of a cop/tracker claim or something)

so i am going to assume that the cancer is still alive because he recruited someone =) we dont lose anything by assuming as much.

does anyone have any suspicious that continue from day 1?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Lucky for you, he died before he could spread all over your body.
ACTUALLY, i did not really read this sentence earlier. The GM flavor text points us to believe that he did not recruit anyone, so THAT is what i am going to assume. =/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Now we can ask our selves who are players that should have been targeted by mafia and were not?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well my question is, would pythag recruit before the mafia killed him?

other than that we are really left in the dark.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
judging from what medi said only pythag could recruit people anyway so the growth doesn't mater. Lets not focus on our dead independent all day lets see if we can find patterns between the nights actions and yesterdays

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
well my question is, would pythag recruit before the mafia killed him?

other than that we are really left in the dark.
ACTUALLY, i did not really read this sentence earlier. The GM flavor text points us to believe that he did not recruit anyone, so THAT is what i am going to assume. =/
Ussi, I think what Tom said basically answers any questions about that. Medi's post essentially suggests that Pythag was targeted but did not recruit anyone.

Besides, <3 is also right, if only Pythag could recruit, we don't really need to worry about the independent(s) anymore.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
but cancer doesn't work that way... once a cell becomes cancerous it gains the properties of the cancer cell and can continue infecting. :O

The night event order is important if pythag was killed by the mafia.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, recruited cults/masons can still recruit if the leader/member dies. Actually, if the cult leader dies, they all die. So either he was the only one, not the leader, or not have true cult properties.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I suppose the flavour text does mean the cancer will no longer spread. It may be possible that he did infect someone who is now cancer-aligned, but they can't spread anymore. It would be like a cult that can only spread through it's leader, but doesn't die when the leader dies. So I wouldn't say that we don't have to worry about cancer anymore, we just don't have to worry about it spreading, but the one body part infected is still an independent.

I really don't think the mafia would go no-nightkill in a game with a lot of lurkers, there were a few players they could have killed that still would have left us in the dark as much as before but minus a townie. There are a lot more possibilities besides Pythag recrutiing a mafia and therefore dying while the mafia didn't nightkill.

If anything I'd say it's more likely that Pythag chose not to recruit because he could die if he targets the wrong person, while mafia nightkills won't backfire except with a few weird roles that might not even be in the game.

So I figure these are the possibilities, barring the theory that he DID infect someone but the infection cannot spread:

Pythag infects no one, mafia kills him
or
Pythag infects mafia, he dies but also the mafia targeted him
or
Pythag infects mafia, mafia targets someone else but gets roleblocked/docblocked
or
Pythag targets someone but gets roleblocked, mafia kills him

But I'm sure more experienced players have other theories, I'm not really sure what roles to expect in this game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I almost assumed this was Epic mafia and was just going to have the masoned person claim. But Alas.

I think Pythag wouldn't use ability day one imho.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Does GM flavor taste like chicken?
actually, it tastes quite bland in this game. in Tomafia it tastes a bit like cat food and in MARVEL it takes a bit like turtle soup.

anyways, i think we have covered Pythag's possibilities. Now we talk about suspicions we have.

@McCloud: hey buddy, look, its the amazing Day 2, which is so much more awesome than the dreaded Day 1, amirite? Have any ideas? ;P

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
ooc: hey tom, how bout you answer your **** phone calls/texts XD XD I WANTED BUFFALO WILD WINGS

My theory is that mafia killed the cancer. I'm not entirely sure what it means when Medi says "it will no longer spread" but I would assume that Pythag either chose to or forgot to use his night action, the latter of which is quite reasonable.

If there is another infected player, then they will continue to infect. At best we're dealing with no cultcancer, at worst we have 1. At this point I don't really care about the cult as they are not currently a threat, though it would be wise to keep a watch for anyone who tries to sneak by the cultcancer speculation. Right now I'm more interested in finding mafia. 20 person game means there's more than likely more than two mafia and they pose the greatest threat currently.

vote: Handorin

I know it's early and there's no reports as of yet (or if there will be, I dunno, it's up to the investigator's discretion) but Handorin is slightly scummy to me. Couple of vague blanket statements regarding "we as town" seem unnecessary.

Oh and boo yah haters. There's information to be had.

Boo yah.

*dances on haters*

*dances*

ooc I swear.

p.s. TOM I WANT CHICKEN

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
There's some suspicion I had during day 1 that I want to bring up, if for no other reason, that there isn't much other significant behavior I noticed.

Tom, earlier in the game you were very strongly arguing that random vote phrase is good for town:

We are very much in, and should be in, the random vote phase. Random vote phase is good for town. Massclaim is bad for town. In fact, ANY claiming is bad for town. For those of you who play at epicmafia and think that claiming power roles d1 is a good thing, let me be the first to tell you that you are wrong; that strategy does not translate to forum mafia games. ^^' People in the MARVEL game are talking about having a power role claim early, which is just bad.

No claims.
NO ROLEFISHING.
Yes random votes.

YES I DISAGREE. As I have stated before, I believe that the random vote phase is pro-town. The random vote phase is a tool used to get a mafia game rolling! If you have absolutely no random vote phase, then what are you going to use to base accusations on? An option is to have someone claim Day 1, but I SEVERELY disagree with that. If you have no random vote phase, townies get attacked just for talking. You have nothing to move you into the game, nothing to dissect, nothing to use to your advantage to hopefully lynch scum Day 1. Not only does it actually get the game rolling with activity, but it dissolves itself into pure gameplay. It also sparks connections, which no matter if they prove to be true or false, give the town something to talk about. The mafia cannot take advantage of it and lynch someone if the town is paying attention and does not let the vote count reach a majority for a joke reason. If someone gets a joke vote, then they are drawn into the game and will probably respond -- activity!

Later, you were quick to suggest a no lynch (though you did end up voting for WiiWiiWaa):

LOL

Question for everyone: What do you think about voting No lynch today?
It's certainly possible that I'm making something out of nothing, or that you were simply trying to see how people would react and then gauge their behaviors as "scummy" or "not scummy". Still, it's one thing that stood out to me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I really don't think the mafia would go no-nightkill in a game with a lot of lurkers, there were a few players they could have killed that still would have left us in the dark as much as before but minus a townie.
You mean inactives and lurkers? Generally, townies who don't add much to the discussion help the mafia out, so I can see why they wouldn't mind keeping them around for a bit.

Top Bottom