• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Human Body Mafia - Game Cancelled - All Roles Posted

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Through use of my night ability, which is not the cops alignment check ability, I have discovered Spam_Master is not mafia. If you have doubts with my claim feel free to lynch me, the result will only go on to prove my and his alignment.

If there are no doubts lets continue to days activities with less focus on him at least.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Yes, <3, I have problems with your claim.

You claimed that you found out spam's alignment, but conveniently said that you weren't the cop. Since you aren't the cop, nobody can counterclaim, because they don't know your exact alignment, but you can still tell us who has what alignment. Obviously this could be a way to take suspicion away from your mafia partner, except you remain perfectly safe because nobody can counterclaim you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Some people do moronic things just for fun, its very odd but anyone can do it to keep people guessing.

vote: No Lynch

I'm not really sure, cause rl we might kill someone important, and with the nl we might get a good person killed.

I wish some body organs weren't obvious on what they do. But looking at the list, stem cells is something i wouldn't expect to see there. But thinking about the properties about it, i guess the only thing they can do is revive a dead person. That's really all stem cells do, is change into other cells.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If you don't believe what I've claimed a very simple way to prove it false is to vote me out. If I am indeed mafia then you got a two for one. If not, you have a player who has been proven town. Very very simple.

As a side note, I am not going to claim a role for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the game, role claiming yields no information and can be, in this situation, easily falsified. If feel If I claim a role it will open doors to more people doing the same. I don't this the town community is experienced enough to handle looking at role the way I do.

Handorian, believe me... I'm just as sad as you are.

KevinM is pulling my suspicions at the moment. At the beginning of the game he was quick to call for a mass name claim, but after being confronted about it he quickly called it an obvious joke post; now, again, he is asking for roles since he seems so adamant about finding roles knowing how useless they are to the town I'm convinced he is mafia or some independent that gains a big advantage from knowledge of them.

Vote: KevinM

Unfortunately thats all I've seen so far this game that seems very very out of place, spare Eor who is always out of place and very hard to read.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
If you don't believe what I've claimed a very simple way to prove it false is to vote me out. If I am indeed mafia then you got a two for one. If not, you have a player who has been proven town. Very very simple.

If you're town, then you think that it's better to waste a lynch proving you innocent (at which point it won't matter) than to just claim your role?

As a side note, I am not going to claim a role for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the game, role claiming yields no information and can be, in this situation, easily falsified. If feel If I claim a role it will open doors to more people doing the same. I don't this the town community is experienced enough to handle looking at role the way I do.

Role claiming yields no information? It proves your role... And it can be easily falsified? "Spam isn't mafia, I know because I have a role that isn't cop but I know, trust me." There is irony here. The reason I want you to claim is because I don't believe that your half-claim was real. If you claim something like Mason, for example, somebody can counterclaim you if they are really a mason and you lied. If nobody counter claims, you are more or less proven to have that role. A claim can not be easily falsified.

Handorian, believe me... I'm just as sad as you are.

KevinM is pulling my suspicions at the moment. At the beginning of the game he was quick to call for a mass name claim, but after being confronted about it he quickly called it an obvious joke post; now, again, he is asking for roles since he seems so adamant about finding roles knowing how useless they are to the town I'm convinced he is mafia or some independent that gains a big advantage from knowledge of them.

Vote: KevinM

Unfortunately thats all I've seen so far this game that seems very very out of place, spare Eor who is always out of place and very hard to read.
My responses are underlined.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm not asking you to trust me. In fact I am saying if you feel what I am saying is false to vote me out since that is the only possible proof.

But lets continue with your logic regardless, I will prove why it is wrong and meta gaming is bad.
1. There may be more than one mason role, there may in fact be multiple cops and doctors, no where in the rules is it said there has to be one, another inherent problem in role claiming.
2. Having someone counter claim forces them to reveal who they are and their role, this is not beneficial to the town. espeacially if point one is true.
3. No one is guaranteed to counter claim because as we all know role claiming espeacially important roles like cop, doctor, ect. day two is not an intelligent move, even if the initial person to claim was mafia.
4. There is the possibility of a mafia player counter claiming a player who was truthful which may yield incorrect results.

Do these points make sense to you lombardi?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
<3 does not have to claim, really. He already stuck his neck out by giving us this information, and he did it in a way that is as safe as possible for him -- he's a good player, so if claiming would have helped him, he probably would have done it. He doesnt have to be a mason, he could be a tracker or an investigator or anything. So shush with the demands for him to claim, especially Lombardi, but also including KevinM.

Maybe if he leads us through an incorrect RL, he should claim after something like that.

I do think that we also need spam_master's input here before we follow the leader with <3. So right now im still pushing a No Lunch until we hear from spam_master.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I wish some body organs weren't obvious on what they do. But looking at the list, stem cells is something i wouldn't expect to see there. But thinking about the properties about it, i guess the only thing they can do is revive a dead person. That's really all stem cells do, is change into other cells.
What prompted this, and stem cells?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I'm not asking you to trust me. In fact I am saying if you feel what I am saying is false to vote me out since that is the only possible proof.

But lets continue with your logic regardless, I will prove why it is wrong and meta gaming is bad.
1. There may be more than one mason role, there may in fact be multiple cops and doctors, no where in the rules is it said there has to be one, another inherent problem in role claiming.
2. Having someone counter claim forces them to reveal who they are and their role, this is not beneficial to the town. espeacially if point one is true.
3. No one is guaranteed to counter claim because as we all know role claiming espeacially important roles like cop, doctor, ect. day two is not an intelligent move, even if the initial person to claim was mafia.
4. There is the possibility of a mafia player counter claiming a player who was truthful which may yield incorrect results.

Do these points make sense to you lombardi?
I'm not going to push for a claim any more, but I certainly can't fully trust your information. Now, I just want to address your reasons that claiming is bad.

1. Have you ever seen a game with two real cops that aren't naive or paranoid? It's extremely unusual that something of the sort would happen, even in a game this big. I won't rule this one out, I just find it extremely unlikely that there would be two of the same power role.

2. Yes, counter claiming forces someone to reveal their role. In exchange, you have a high chance of rooting out a scum/independent.

3. Basically the same as 2, plus, in a game of this size, there is bound to be at least one protective role.

4. You worry that a mafiat could fake counter claim, causing a truthful townie to be lynched. However, after said townie is lynched, we would find out that their role was the one they claimed, and we would then know that the person who counter claimed was lying, and was probably not a townie.

I'm done attacking you, but you're on my suspicion list...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
/frown @ obsessions with role claims.

Completely ignoring all of the point I've listed and re-listed; hell house mafia, Mediocre, the person running our current game, could kill people with his night ability if they accurately claimed their role.

Lets get off of the topic of claiming roles, espeacially since doing so is completely useless. Hey, I know, maybe we should compare the posts of yesterday to last nights night actions. And see if we can draw any conclusions based on these.

Eor, please post.

WiiWiiWaa

Smash Rookie
the place where i live has a really long name so l
Through use of my night ability, which is not the cops alignment check ability, I have discovered Spam_Master is not mafia. If you have doubts with my claim feel free to lynch me, the result will only go on to prove my and his alignment.

If there are no doubts lets continue to days activities with less focus on him at least.
...4. There is the possibility of a mafia player counter claiming a player who was truthful which may yield incorrect results...
So, basically, you just said that it could be all to real that you are lying?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
well <3 is right about the fact that im town, other than that there really is nothing. I also think he might not be claimingbecause i think its very likely that the mafia, which i assume are diseases because it makes more sense than the body attacking itself, can target a spedific person after they roleclaim. Like the pneumonia might be able to immediately attack anyone who claims as the lungs.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
So, basically, you just said that it could be all to real that you are lying?
Yes, omg, yes. Thats exactly what I'm saying and what I've been saying. It is up to you to determine how you take what I said. If you feel I am lying to you then I urge you to simply vote for me since doing so proves my innocents, other wise lets continue. I hate being stuck on very simple topics when very little action is required to move.

Log this event
Decided whether or not you want to vote for me
move on.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not voting for you because you're a good player and you wouldn't stick your neck out without your reasons, though I don't like the thought of you dangling information as if it's foolproof and others take it without questioning it.

If you're a good player then you should know that an obvious joke post would be saying mass claim in a game of 20+ as my first post. Drawing attention to that seems to be an odd move.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Nah, not gonna vote <3. Reading through the thread, I don't want to lynch spam_master anyway. Still skeptical, yeah, but not voteworthy.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind lynching anybody who was on the bandwagon earlier.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Log this event
Decided whether or not you want to vote for me
Keep in mind later until something else comes up with a relationship to this

fix'd. =)

Back from vacation

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
(btw, my educated guess about the two mafia in tomafia was right about eor.)
Mods love to make Eor mafia. Seeing that he's only been town about a bull**** five times over two years, and that he's mafia/indy more often that he is town, that really wasn't impressive at all.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
omg, marsh this is really annoying. I told everyone that it was a troll, why can nobody accept that.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Keep in mind later until something else comes up with a relationship to this

fix'd. =)

Back from vacation
Lol, camo that was the log the even part, the first part. Thanks though, and the quote button is even easier than copy and past dude.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I manually type the quote tags though because my connection is crap. The page load time is horrendous. :p

And I interpreted the "move on" as a put it behind you thing, that's why I changed it. :O

The post you've just read will take 20-40 seconds to load up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Im sorry Ussi, but can you please clarify what you are talking about to me? =) looking at what list? why stem cells?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm finally back and all caught up. Mashigio caught my eye during my catch up process.

Guess the mafia went with the no nightkill route last evening, probably to let the town run around with as little info as possible. Or they were roleblocked or docblocked, but eh.

Sorry for the cult leader, one of the more interesting roles.
Marshigio seems to be entirely too tunnel visioned in his expression here. Unlike Tom and others who listed an array of viable explanations, Marshigio, only about an hour after the start of the day, posts what is seemingly all that came to his mind regarding the possibilities of what had happened at night. Perhaps the explanation for this is that he is mafia, knows exactly what happened, and immediately decided it was necessary to implant such a tunnel visioned idea in the public eye. Nightkilling an inactive would have left the town with almost as little information come day two as simply not killing anyone would have. He seems all too convinced that the mafia did not perform their kill, which his central reasoning for this is "Pythag is a weird choice."

If pythag is indeed such a weird choice which you attribute to his low post count and general not argumentativeness, then wouldn't that actually make him an IDEAL target in accordance with my prior reasoning?

You mean inactives and lurkers? Generally, townies who don't add much to the discussion help the mafia out, so I can see why they wouldn't mind keeping them around for a bit.
Perhaps Mashigio is entirely convinced of his reaosning here as a legitimate townie, however this seems like flimsy, wishy washy non-committal arguing that an indecisive mafia might use to half assedly back ideas he'd like to be accepted without being too confrontational. He seems to be pusing for a kind of passive acceptance of his stance.

Regarding inactives and lurkers, yes, they do help the mafia, but it's not their being in the game that helps exactly. The reason why they help the mafia is that they provide the mafia with risk free night kill fodder. It is because they are inactive that the mafia can kill them without hesitation or fear of reprimand, because they have behaviors to trace or draw conclusions from. Keeping inactives alive doesn't help the mafia. They simply aid the mafia by acting as stallers to prevent information from being gather from nightkills.

But yeah, as explained (hopefully clearly) above, Marsigio seems to "passively" convinced of himself (a conclusion I drew from the simple negligence to present other possibilities) to be someone who wasn't at all involved with what happened at night. I.e., I think he's mafia.

Vote: Marshigio

Also, I'm as interested as everyone else as to why Ussi brought up stem cells out of nowhere. :dizzy:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think he is still caught up in the organ claiming phase (I think that is when he went inactive) and didn't catch up much. I had to prod him on another forum just to get him to post that.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Guess the mafia went with the no nightkill route last evening, probably to let the town run around with as little info as possible. Or they were roleblocked or docblocked, but eh.

Sorry for the cult leader, one of the more interesting roles.
Marshigio seems to be entirely too tunnel visioned in his expression here. Unlike Tom and others who listed an array of viable explanations, Marshigio, only about an hour after the start of the day, posts what is seemingly all that came to his mind regarding the possibilities of what had happened at night. Perhaps the explanation for this is that he is mafia, knows exactly what happened, and immediately decided it was necessary to implant such a tunnel visioned idea in the public eye.
I gave three different ideas in that post, so no clue what you're going on about when it comes to tunnelvision. Two of them include the mafia using the nightkill. Yeah, I could give more ideas as to what happened, but I posted what I thought was more likely. Don't get how that's suspicious.
You mean inactives and lurkers? Generally, townies who don't add much to the discussion help the mafia out, so I can see why they wouldn't mind keeping them around for a bit.
Perhaps Mashigio is entirely convinced of his reaosning here as a legitimate townie, however this seems like flimsy, wishy washy non-committal arguing that an indecisive mafia might use to half assedly back ideas he'd like to be accepted without being too confrontational. He seems to be pusing for a kind of passive acceptance of his stance.[/QUOTE]I'm not trying to make anyone swallow anything. "Pushing" is not a 2 sentence post explaining why the mafia might use certain methods.
Regarding inactives and lurkers, yes, they do help the mafia, but it's not their being in the game that helps exactly. The reason why they help the mafia is that they provide the mafia with risk free night kill fodder. It is because they are inactive that the mafia can kill them without hesitation or fear of reprimand, because they have behaviors to trace or draw conclusions from. Keeping inactives alive doesn't help the mafia. They simply aid the mafia by acting as stallers to prevent information from being gather from nightkills.
Sure. Then again, keeping a bunch of inactives around would stall the town from bouncing ideas around during the day and voting people. Which is why I think the mafia may not have killed Pythag, who was indeed inactive while this happened.

Also, you probably noticed I didn't respond to every single part of your post. I did it since I'd be forced to repeat myself, and the different quotes went hand in hand, so I'd just respond to one. If you want a response to the other stuff just say so and point 'em out, though I think I covered everything.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I gave three different ideas in that post, so no clue what you're going on about when it comes to tunnelvision. Two of them include the mafia using the nightkill. Yeah, I could give more ideas as to what happened, but I posted what I thought was more likely. Don't get how that's suspicious. I'm not trying to make anyone swallow anything. "Pushing" is not a 2 sentence post explaining why the mafia might use certain methods.Sure. Then again, keeping a bunch of inactives around would stall the town from bouncing ideas around during the day and voting people. Which is why I think the mafia may not have killed Pythag, who was indeed inactive while this happened.

Also, you probably noticed I didn't respond to every single part of your post. I did it since I'd be forced to repeat myself, and the different quotes went hand in hand, so I'd just respond to one. If you want a response to the other stuff just say so and point 'em out, though I think I covered everything.
No clue what I'm talking about? Sorry bro but just because two other possibilities of their doesn't mean they were presented equally. You first present the idea that the mafia did not nightkill as your conclusion. The other two possibilities are CLEARLY represented as an afterthought. THAT's what's suspicious. The way you worded that post it is clear that you favored for first proposition with no evidence to explain it. This supports my notion which you've managed to sweep to the side that such a decision could likely be reached as a result of direct involvement with night activity and the desire to dismiss such an activity immediately.

Furthermore, regardless of whether or not your language is overbearing, fierce, fiery, or passive, you're still presenting the idea. People read it and are perhaps convinced by it. Sure you weren't on the warpath or anything but that doesn't mean you didn't make the argument. If you define pushing as a more passionate argument then so be it, but frankly I don't give two ****s how you define it. The point is, and I'm clarifying my statement know, it's the mere fact that the idea was presented that constitutes a push, be it a "light' push at that. My point can't be discredited by semantic disagreement.

How exactly does the presence of people who don't contribute in a game, prevent those who are active from contributing? Inactives simply reduce the amount of information and opinion entering the game medium. How can they possibly directly detract from another player's ability to contribute, barring some kind of strange binding role?

Inactives don't stall player actions. They can only stall lynches, since their presence inflates the votes required to achieve lynch.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
So let me get this straight you think favoring one idea over another is scummy?

Top Bottom