• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, i have the most ganon practice in the world vs rock renth and linguini in gaines(ganons)ville. If any of you ganon mains happen to attend the same tourny as me, we can have some tender tussles. If you happen to take losses personally, just beat me in fox dittos and leave.

:phone:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, i have the most ganon practice in the world vs rock renth and linguini in gaines(ganons)ville. If any of you ganon mains happen to attend the same tourny as me, we can have some tender tussles. If you happen to take losses personally, just beat me in fox dittos and leave.

I accept your challenge... but I live in Illinois lol. You going to FC this summer?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

ыыыыыыыыыы как хуй, йош. конечно, не говоря уже я. :awesome:

Renth

Smash Hero

There are reasons why I only play falco vs. you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why did you start playing Ganon?

This is a general question for all of you, not anyone in particular.

Renth

Smash Hero

When the game first came out i was amazed ganondorf was in the game after enjoying smash 64. then when i stumbled into competitive smash everyone told me how slow and crappy he was I wanted to make him fast.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think that's funny, because a lot of my friends (who are terrible) thought Ganon was slow and crappy until they played a game against me. From then on they were convinced that Ganon was deceptively fast.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion

Back when i was in like 4th grade and only played at a *very* casual level, i only played fox and ganon, based on my 2 favorite games (starfox 64 and zelda) and spammed smash attacks against my friends lmao.

Then like 9 years later i was reintroduced to the game in college. Then i watched linguini vs eggm and saw how fast linguini was and how hard he ***** eggm and said i had to learn to do that haha. And then luckily the smash scene is mad chill at u of i so i started playing people much much better than me.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Back when i was in like 4th grade and only played at a *very* casual level, i only played fox and ganon, based on my 2 favorite games (starfox 64 and zelda) and spammed smash attacks against my friends lmao.

Then like 9 years later i was reintroduced to the game in college. Then i watched linguini vs eggm and saw how fast linguini was and how hard he ***** eggm and said i had to learn to do that haha. And then luckily the smash scene is mad chill at u of i so i started playing people much much better than me.
I played back in college, but never got into the game competitively until I played a player called Advent. lol Back then we used to go to the recreational hall and play melee casually, but we played with no items. lol Anyways, some time passed a kid that play with us said his cousin was the second best Sheik in Florida. (Advent) and the other one was Seibrik. He brings him over and he refused to play us in free for all, he also brought another good smash player named Elliot. He was mad good with Peach; so anyways. We all play him in sets and he sits down to play me. Now at the time I knew how to wavedash a nd SHHFL. I was obviously horrible since I was a scrub but I knew how to do it. Anyways, I go to random select and the game picks Ganondorf for me. We played a set and he was pretty surprised how good I doing, despite me getting ***** by both him and Elliot. We kept in contact after that, played mad matches of my Ganon vs all his characters. That's how I was introduced to smash and how I started playing Ganon, and I picked up Marth along the way. I met alot of amazing people and players, so I want to go to at least 1 national before I quit. <_< I'll pass my powers onto you all.

Interesting rumor. (Maybe he can confirm this if he reads this and I still find this funny to this day) The only reason why Tipman even played Ganon was because of a bet he made with his friend. The conversation went something like this.

Guy: "Yo Ganon is bad, I bet you can't make him good"

Tipman: "Nah man, I bet you I can.."

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero

i am still mad about our pound 5 round 1 pool. you, vanz, and blunted was way too much for me to handle lmao.

you should go to FC.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Dang that's a pretty good pool Chris. I also played this game in elementary school. Then after learning about competetive smash I got into Brawl and then switched to Melee. The first time I booted up the game with the intention of learning how to play I was like, 'Yeah we always admired Ganondorf as kids because he was the best lvl 9 computer'. So then I started playing Ganon.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I played back in college, but never got into the game competitively until I played a player called Advent. lol Back then we used to go to the recreational hall and play melee casually, but we played with no items. lol Anyways, some time passed a kid that play with us said his cousin was the second best Sheik in Florida. (Advent) and the other one was Seibrik. He brings him over and he refused to play us in free for all, he also brought another good smash player named Elliot. He was mad good with Peach; so anyways. We all play him in sets and he sits down to play me. Now at the time I knew how to wavedash a nd SHHFL. I was obviously horrible since I was a scrub but I knew how to do it. Anyways, I go to random select and the game picks Ganondorf for me. We played a set and he was pretty surprised how good I doing, despite me getting ***** by both him and Elliot. We kept in contact after that, played mad matches of my Ganon vs all his characters. That's how I was introduced to smash and how I started playing Ganon, and I picked up Marth along the way. I met alot of amazing people and players, so I want to go to at least 1 national before I quit. <_< I'll pass my powers onto you all.

Interesting rumor. (Maybe he can confirm this if he reads this and I still find this funny to this day) The only reason why Tipman even played Ganon was because of a bet he made with his friend. The conversation went something like this.

Guy: "Yo Ganon is bad, I bet you can't make him good"

Tipman: "Nah man, I bet you I can.."
Dude, you better not quit anytime soon. I love watching technical ganons like you play-- which is why im aspiring to become one. Tech skill alllllll day haha. But yea, i never knew that you became a ganon because the game selected him for you haha. Think about it, you could have became a pichu.

Also try asking tipman about his origin story, thats very interesting. If he never made that bet, i doubt ganon would even be mid-tier.

One more thing: you said you wanted to go to a national? come to fc! im housing ganons (this means you too chris, i know youre going) the night before and then we can all drive up the next day. Kage and eikelmann are staying with me as far as we know.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Dude, you better not quit anytime soon. I love watching technical ganons like you play-- which is why im aspiring to become one. Tech skill alllllll day haha. But yea, i never knew that you became a ganon because the game selected him for you haha. Think about it, you could have became a pichu.
It's called fate.

I find technical Ganons boring to watch. Being technical isn't any more entertaining than watching nontechnical Kage play, but Kage's really good at countering his opponents, which makes watching him play more interesting.

Also, for those of you who didn't see this in our local NC thread, I have some invites I can give away for the PSO2 closed Beta. Are any of you interested?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The only reason that I play ganon is because my older brother told me that I couldn't play Link when we first got the game because that was his character.

Naturally, I picked Link's arch rival and decided to make my brother's Link bleed. And he bled. Now I'm naturally drawn to the hard hitting characters in all fighting games.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Depends. What are the hardware requirements? I might be interested.

Is there a lot of grinding?
I'm playing it on a $400 laptop with Radeon 4250 integrated graphics, 4GB RAM, and a dual core 2.4 GHz processor. It runs really smoothly. I was able to stream it yesterday and it still ran great, although I found out afterwards that the stream didn't look very good.

At the moment it's mostly grinding, because it's all in Japanese. I think I'm getting close to unlocking the next quest, though, which will let me go past the forest.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Wos PSO2 looks really sick. It's like Dragon Nest but better and not Nexon. I'll take a key if you don't mind. Is it easy to dl the client and get it running?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's pretty easy. I have three keys to give out, so I'm waiting until the end of the day to give more people time to reply. At that point, I'll either give out keys randomly to the people who asked (unless there's three or less, in which case everyone gets one).

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I applied for the closed beta, and got chosen in the raffle. Everyone who was chosen was given three invites.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I played PSO pretty hardcore for a while. I even played Blue Burst online with Nite for a while, but I quit. Too time consuming. But yeah the new one looks saweeeet

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I assume you want to be in my invite lottery, then? At the moment I have 6 people who want one, so I'll be randomly picking 3 of you in a couple minutes. Then those 3 have to give me their email addresses so I can invite them.

Also, as part of the requirement for getting one of these, you have to play a game with me.

So, talk about Ganon mains. I tested the RNG a few times to make sure it worked, and it chose every name. So, after 10 tests, I had one that actually counted. Anyway, it gave me Eikelmann, G. Vice, and Geenareeno. I don't know what's up with this RNG, but it must like Ganon players. anyway, give me your email addresses, and I'll invite you. Sorry to the people that didn't get chosen. If you know anyone else in the closed Beta, get them to invite you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I meant you'll have to play a game of PSO2 with me. The invite requires me to fill out a form and enter your email address in it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Alright, so it is confirmed. Ripple and I are teaming for FC this summer.

Watch the **** out- We're winning this thing. But in all honesty I feel like I could get pretty good over the summer as long as I practice and whatnot. And Ripple lives near Dart, so he's obviously gonna get some good practice in.

I really do hope to see all of you here for this one.

Renth

Smash Hero
Alright, so it is confirmed. Ripple and I are teaming for FC this summer.

Watch the **** out- We're winning this thing. But in all honesty I feel like I could get pretty good over the summer as long as I practice and whatnot. And Ripple lives near Dart, so he's obviously gonna get some good practice in.

I really do hope to see all of you here for this one.
I lost a lot of interest in traveling lately, chances are i'm not going to come out. I'm happy with the local florida scene.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We are going to such an odd team. Jiggs ganon.... team death below 30%

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey, dude. Give someone else the code you had for me. I am in nursing school and finishing up this semester and I don't have time. But I will play in the future probably.

Thanks anyway, my ganon bro :)

Metà

Smash Master
jab to rest is where it's at

it's so funny when you miss a rest at high percent and ganon tries to wake you up. even his jab can be near lethal lol. I remember getting KO'd by a dash attack once hahaha

Top Bottom