• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Metà

Smash Master
it's like impossible not to land with it, you can even do full hop DJ and sometimes still be lagging from it when you hit the ground.

the only thing good about him is his auto-cancel d-air IMO. that **** is actually fun

Renth

Smash Hero
wtf is this brawl ****.

gtfo this thread.

edit; still mad hyped to go my first tournament since pound 5 on the 28th ;)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What are some top tier PS1 games? I have symphony of the night and final fantasy tactics. I want to get FF7, but my mem card is a bit too small for it, atm.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
wtf is this brawl ****.

gtfo this thread.

edit; still mad hyped to go my first tournament since pound 5 on the 28th ;)
>did not notice the sarcasm
>did not click the link I gave to understand joke

Sigh.

What are some top tier PS1 games? I have symphony of the night and final fantasy tactics. I want to get FF7, but my mem card is a bit too small for it, atm.
Well, personally, FF8 was better. You could also try Chrono Cross, it's a beast game, really good stuff. Front Mission is good but some people don't like that it's strategy, play it if you want :<

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Chrono Trigger/Cross. Although I'm sure you've played Chrono Trigger before, I'd still feel wrong if I didn't mention it.

Also, good luck, Renth! If possible, I (we all) would like to see some vids.

EDIT: oops, sorry Jeyfar, didn't see that you already suggested Cross. Uhhhh, the spyro series always brings back some nostalgia for me as well.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Chrono Trigger/Cross. Although I'm sure you've played Chrono Trigger before, I'd still feel wrong if I didn't mention it.

Also, good luck, Renth! If possible, I (we all) would like to see some vids.

EDIT: oops, sorry Jeyfar, didn't see that you already suggested Cross. Uhhhh, the spyro series always brings back some nostalgia for me as well.
Yep Spyro is awesome, Metal Gear was pretty damn good too, Grandia and SYphon Filter too (I'm a fan of many genres so I'm just throwing titles around, tell us if you only want a specific genre)

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
whats front mission? I have played chrono trigger, but i never got past the first few hours.
http://www.gamespot.com/front-mission-3/reviews/front-mission-3-review-2547645/

That's Front Mission, it's a pretty interesting mech strategy game, unlike Front Mission Evolved which is the most recent released and it's a mech third person shooter, it's good too.

You don't need to play Trigger to understand Cross, but it's much better if you know who the mysterious characters are. It is a time paradox and travelling storyline after all.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hmmm maybe ill put that in my todo list, after finishing SotN again and winning FC

edit- Front Mission looks siiiick! Gotta try that!!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
This is now the UIUC + ganon mains chat room

:phone:

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Glad you liked Front Mission, also if you liked that maybe you should dl a gb advanced emulator and play the Fire Emblems

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Twisted Metal 2 definitely claimed many hours of my PS1's life back in the day. Crash: Warped (the third one) and Crash Team Racing were also fun to play. Play the original Resident Evil 1 and 2.

And in case anyone still cares about Ganondorf in this thread :p
I played Fox and Captain Falcon in 64, but mostly Falcon cuz I thought spiking with his uair looked sweet and his B moves were so satisfying. Noob that I was, once Melee came out I decided Falcon was too fast to play anymore but Ganon's down B and semi-spiking uair seemed sweet and familiar so I stuck with him. In my haste to ask a question on the Ganon forums here back in like 2004, I made the name Mr. Ganondorf just so I could post. DSF nicknamed me the vastly superior Mr. Brandondorf (since my first name is Brandan).

Someone asked how to beast on Marth earlier. SHFFL uairs at him, really really really fast. I don't mean lots of them over and over, I mean as soon as Marth jumps in the air, try to smack him out of it with your Shoryuken like uair. Also, as soon as Marth shorthops to aerial at a high percentage, it's easy to finish him off with a Down B. You can dthrow him 3 times if you grab him at 0%, or you can usually land both hits of nair after a dthrow for big damage. Mostly space full hop fairs all game and he can't even get close to you gg. He has such a hard time getting back on from the ledge too, fair gets him every time. Best thing he can do is ledge roll, but then it's easy to stomp him. Oh yeah, last thing, dtilt is really good against Marth, great spacing tool.
And I think someone already mentioned our bair beats everything Marth can do, and combos into itself like 3 times if Marth wastes his jump.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Cool name lol, Marth is a bit complicated to fight, best thing you could do is not get grabbed as well, to avoid that use bair spacing. Remember to use softshield-->edgehog too. As for offensive read above ^^^^

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Twisted Metal 2 definitely claimed many hours of my PS1's life back in the day. Crash: Warped (the third one) and Crash Team Racing were also fun to play. Play the original Resident Evil 1 and 2.

And in case anyone still cares about Ganondorf in this thread :p
I played Fox and Captain Falcon in 64, but mostly Falcon cuz I thought spiking with his uair looked sweet and his B moves were so satisfying. Noob that I was, once Melee came out I decided Falcon was too fast to play anymore but Ganon's down B and semi-spiking uair seemed sweet and familiar so I stuck with him. In my haste to ask a question on the Ganon forums here back in like 2004, I made the name Mr. Ganondorf just so I could post. DSF nicknamed me the vastly superior Mr. Brandondorf (since my first name is Brandan).

Someone asked how to beast on Marth earlier. SHFFL uairs at him, really really really fast. I don't mean lots of them over and over, I mean as soon as Marth jumps in the air, try to smack him out of it with your Shoryuken like uair. Also, as soon as Marth shorthops to aerial at a high percentage, it's easy to finish him off with a Down B. You can dthrow him 3 times if you grab him at 0%, or you can usually land both hits of nair after a dthrow for big damage. Mostly space full hop fairs all game and he can't even get close to you gg. He has such a hard time getting back on from the ledge too, fair gets him every time. Best thing he can do is ledge roll, but then it's easy to stomp him. Oh yeah, last thing, dtilt is really good against Marth, great spacing tool.
And I think someone already mentioned our bair beats everything Marth can do, and combos into itself like 3 times if Marth wastes his jump.
I can't believe people forget about you and Saint Patrick. California was the Ganondorf capital for quite some time.

But to be honest, both penises of the USA are Ganondorf central, imo.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I have played chrono trigger, but i never got past the first few hours.

Completely unacceptable. That game is probably the single best RPG of all time. Chrono Trigger is legendary, breaks the mold in so many ways.

tufts!

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of trouble in the peach matchup. It seems like her nair just beats everything I have. Also the getting edge gaurded sucks. I've been experimenting with side-bing into her sheild to bait the sheild grab then hit and it seems to be working well. And spacing b-air seems to work well. Do you guys have any advice for this matchup?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You just ruined our talk about old people video games.

I haven't played the Peach matchup enough to give you advice on it.

PSO2 is awesome.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well generally you want Peach above you. Uair can stuff her Fair and Nair if she tries to preemptively attack with it, right before she's able to do that, you should uair her a lot generally. It's probably your best counter attack in the air against her. If she throws turnips at you, jump backwards and catch the turnip to be safe. You do not want to rush in Peach at all, take your time and eat her zone. You do not want Peach at point blank range because her Nair shield pressure is very good and that's a really bad position for you. You should generally stand away from her dash attack range, but if you can predict that then your own dash attack can beat hers. If she's on platforms, don't jump right away to try to punish because there's a great chance you'll get downsmashed if you do anything, again try to bait moves of her before attacking. Edgeguarding Peach will not really happen so again just try to predict if she's gonna go for the ledge or try to recover high.. you must hit her back off-stage as much as you can. If she goes the ledge, I believe you can Dair her umbrella, try to aim for her head not where the tip of the umbrella is. In this match-up, crouch canceling is not very good in general, that trap will not really work vs her. CC only really works vs her dash attack but in this case you'll likely shield it instead.

Side-B her shield is fine but who really tries to shield grab that? You can't shield grab Ganon's side-B.. if someone tries to do that then he's an idiot.. sorry. lol. Though you can actually trap Peach into committing into an aerial and then you can use side-B to make her aerial whiff and then you can hit her with it. Again this works against every aerial. This works as mix-up from the uair because she'll believe she will have enough time to hit you but then you hit her instead. =P

Hmm.. anything else you need?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Raph thanks for the code but i'm having hella difficulty making an acount and ****. Any idea what this means?

ネットワークが混雑しています
しばらく経ってから、もう一度やり直してください

I see that it says network but that's it. It's what happens when I log in with my ID and put the catchpa in.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Yes in other words the server is far too busy trafficking drugs, damn kingpin servers.

Peach isn't too difficult, space your stuff well, grab them turnips and never forget your trusty WF (for some strange reason Peach players eat WF for breakfast)

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yo does anybody have any new videos up? Renth, Rockcrock, Ian, (maybe) Linguini and I should have some new videos on Ganon coming up by next weekend.
Hey man, make sure you post the links in the thread! Last I saw of everybody was months ago. Years for some.

Also, Ripple just got a capture card. So if anybody cares to see/judge/critique/laugh at my noob-*** ganon, we'll put some videos up:awesome:. We should be getting in some practice tomorrow.

Top Bottom