• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hmm, I guess you got a solid point... but yea kinda haha. To be fair I guess my top favorites are kage spidey and linguini (original, I know). Either way, I base some aspects of my style off of all you guys (or at least try to) to some extent.

Oh and btw, you forgot renth:)
Yeah, I'm a little used to Renth being retired.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha agreed. Ian, make sure you put up a link as soon as its uploaded.

Also, are any of the other ganon matches recorded? ive been aching to see both spider sense and renth, seeing as they have no videos since like 2010.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think i'll have some vids of me styling on people (ganon/falcon lol), and then another 2 sets of me getting beaten by sneak, this time vs his falco.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What about your Sheik?

Also, what's up with that name? Doesn't I go before E, except after C?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
didn't feel like using her. plus the guys in SC know about my ganon, and since i only see them once or twice a year, i felt weird whenever i didn't use him.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
thanks buddy. i appreciate your support.

my interest in this game is sadly dwindling. for the entirety of my career, i've lived in areas that make it extremely hard to develop talent and not only is it frustrating, but demeaning when i decide to finally attend something and can't even perform my best.

maybe somewhere down the road things will change and i'll be in the right environment to improve correctly, but right now, it would seem life has other things planned for me.

i'm still going to fc, though. i wouldn't miss that for the world.

also, i played falcon the first two matches of that set. please skip to 6 minutes if you don't want to watch my uber-mediocrity.

Renth

Smash Hero
i live in orlando, but as soon as i got here, everyone is suddenly busy, and our weeklies were canceled. that's my luck. no one plays here anymore.

and the good to bad player ratio is 10:1.
Rally up those "bad" players and stomp their faces into the ground, get the experience call out the big guns!

Stomp em.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
All the people I play are really bad. Really really bad. You guys should feel lucky that you have good people to play with.

I'm still improving, though, thanks to videos, thinking, and PMs with PP. I've also been playing some Lv9s on P:M recently. It's impressive how good the Brawl AI is at it. While I can beat them easily, I actually have to play smart, unlike against my friends.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
95% of the people I play here are worse than me, that's no ****ing excuse to not improve yourself, it's all about how you view your life, your game whatever it is. It's perspective, vision.

If you think there's no hope around you then there isn't, simple as that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

95% of the people I play here are worse than me, that's no ****ing excuse to not improve yourself, it's all about how you view your life, your game whatever it is. It's perspective, vision.

If you think there's no hope around you then there isn't, simple as that.
So how do you improve if you never play with people at, or higher than your level?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You can't go wrong with a badass vampire that likes donuts and is cute. =)

Then you have to test situations you normally cannot do on those higher level people. Experiment, be creative.. if you can't do that, then you'll never be able to break at a high level because your style will become stale.

Эикельманн [РУС]

i don't really know how to experiment in this game, sadly. i'm really bad at imagining stuff in my head and trying to apply it.

i also don't know my weaknesses or what stuff i need to work on.

and it's hard to work on those things because bad players don't do things that good players will do, so i won't ever be punished for my flaws.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Well, the description sounds good, so I suppose I'll let that avatar slide. Except for the cute part. She looks creepy, not cute. If you want something cute, try this:

All right, nothing google gave me is cute, so here's my choices:

I think that's enough. Anyway, now you should have a good understanding of what cute is.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you're flaw could just be simply not MAKING them make a mistake.

you could connect all the combos you start and still lose.

start to realize when people want to double jump. mis-time an attack on purpose so it catches their jump.

empty hop to grab/jab/nothing

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i don't really know how to experiment in this game, sadly. i'm really bad at imagining stuff in my head and trying to apply it.

i also don't know my weaknesses or what stuff i need to work on.

and it's hard to work on those things because bad players don't do things that good players will do, so i won't ever be punished for my flaws.
It's not about you getting punished when you fight worse players, it's about punishing them in anyway you can think of. The game is limited by itself so the same situations will come back whether you are fighting a worse or better player than you, the only real difference is that the better players are much faster and won't miss their punish.

A falco dair is a falco dair, you can punish that in many many ways.. think of it like that. Just one situation can be broken down in lots of angles.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's why i said they are faster at doing it, you just need to be as fast or faster than them to be able to react to those situations naturally.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i beat sneak's fox last week. i think my total sets vs him in tourney is like 2-6 lol. he doesn't even play anymore except tournaments and i still lose haha.

try to laugh every now and then during your set. doing something that is so unexpected it's comical is one way to keep ganon both fresh, unpredictable, and solid.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i beat sneak's fox last week. i think my total sets vs him in tourney is like 2-6 lol. he doesn't even play anymore except tournaments and i still lose haha.

try to laugh every now and then during your set. doing something that is so unexpected it's comical is one way to keep ganon both fresh, unpredictable, and solid.
You kinda have to or else Ganon gets easily predictable by doing just uair or fair to punish.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
at the point where the game becomes at least a little bit fun again, is where competition can meet creativity. and that is at least one good way to improve, whether you play that way in tourney, or just in friendlies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well the way I see it is this. The game is fun regardless if I lose or win or whatever happens in game. In tournament the only difference is that I use tons of more focus or I am more intent on actually killing my opponent rather than in friendlies where I let myself go and just try stuff.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage, thanks a lot for all this advice. I'll try to focus on it, although I like that I've already been doing a lot of it. One slight difference, though, is I try fun stuff on P:M instead of against my friends. The fun stuff I try is crazy jump off edge KOs, just to see if they'll actually reach, and working out little tricks. I'm still not consistent enough at shield drop Uair, though, but I doubt I'll need it that often. My shield drop is fine, and my platform drop Uair is fine, but I have a bit of trouble combining them. In general, I'm trying to push myself to move even faster than I currently do. I'm also working on my OoS options, since I forget to use them a lot, and just roll or grab. Shuffled aerials, wavedashes, and shield drops (if I'm on a platform) are other things I should be trying.

Against friends I build up pocket characters. Since my friends aren't good enough to give me actual matchup experience, I'm getting my pocket characters to the point where I can learn matchup experience from myself. For example, a couple weeks ago I did my first techchase and combo with Falcon. Once I got the hang of doing that with Falcon, I worked out how to counter it with Ganon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The important part of experimenting is doing it consciously, not just play to play the game pretty much. But I'm happy you are making progress. =)

Top Bottom