• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
Moonwalking is the one tech trick I can't do, so I say it's totally useless. I can't even do it on 1/4 speed lol.

No, but really, I can't really find any real use for it. The closest thing I can think of is 2:09 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELImH5ySISA, but even then it is uneffective.

EDIT: Also, modern: got your pm.
rofl. I do that exact thing to people when they get too close to ledge. Gives me a better retreating fair if they go to chase the waveland.

It doesn't work all the time. It has to be a total surprise, but it can be devastating.

Superspright

Smash Lord
You mean moonwalking? And, if you're fast enough you can moonwalk pretty far out of a wavedash as well, you just have to have a perfect moonwalk to nail a decent amount of movement. Wavedash OoS moonwalk lul.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
jiggs vs. ganon is a funny matchup
Can you elaborate? I really enjoy the matchup, but I've only played it against Puffs that are as bad at this game as I am. In other words, really really bad. When I eventually become good at this game, I want a chance to play your puff.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I play Ripple's puff all the time. It seems as though the matchup is slightly in puffs favor. Typically, the match consists of me spamming reverse uairs, bairs, DDing, WDing, and angled-up ftilts. With the occasional side-b.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Dunno, Jiggs can combo hard and edge guard really well, plus has the aerial mobility to really get around ganon. All you need is a good number of traded hits but still not sure who has the advantage

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If you do play those for four hours, upload them somewhere. I need something interesting to watch during all the mock AP tests.

Good thing I am Ganon so I can do as I please!
But all my friends tell me that I'm Ganon. Does this mean I'm actually you?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Jiggs vs Ganon is pretty fun, and It's not even bad. I don't think it's that hard either. Like Ripple said, reverse u-air, b-air, up andgled f-tilt, and side-b are all grea tools. Side-b kills on some stages at decent percents. Cc d-tilt is also really good. Catching them with a fair is great but unlikely. Also does anyone know if Neutral b or u-tilt punishes harder? Like which has more kb.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Utilt has more knock back, does less damage, and has a longer start up time. Use it if jiggs is about 25% +

Warlock punch has less knock back, does more damage, and has a shorter start up time, but is techable (ripple teched it once, god knows how). Use it if jiggs is at around 15-25%

If jiggs is less than 15%, stomp to bair/uair is probably your best bet in terms of racking up damage

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you go back and look, it would have hit if you hadn't jumped

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It's too bad they changed openings in Season 2. While I always listened to the first opening, I fast forward through the new one.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
God damn, hbox is way too good. I think RockCrock played a little too offensively vs. jiggs tho. Then again, I'd probably get JV 5'd, so what do I know. But in my experience against Ripple, I usually play very very patiently against jiggs. Thanks, Renth, for the link. If any other ganon matches get uploaded, be sure to let us know!

Renth

Smash Hero
God damn, hbox is way too good. I think RockCrock played a little too offensively vs. jiggs tho. Then again, I'd probably get JV 5'd, so what do I know. But in my experience against Ripple, I usually play very very patiently against jiggs. Thanks, Renth, for the link. If any other ganon matches get uploaded, be sure to let us know!
I'll keep you up to date.

Harriet The Ganon Slayer vs. Spider_Sense

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Harriet is just REALLY good vs Ganon. Spidersense just drew a bad straw there getting him.

Harriet made Iori doubt his ganon, and because of losing to him he won't play ganon anymore, even when ganon is like his best character.

Renth

Smash Hero
don't blame josh. blame rock crock.
Harriet use to play RockCrock, Linguini and I weekly, sometimes more than weekly. First round of losers bracket was Spider_sense and I winner played harriet - No matter what It would have been one of us vs. Harriet

In swiss, I almost took a game off of Josh (harriet) I zero deathed him last stock game 2, but something messed me up and I couldn't make up my mind how to edge guard it so I could have f air'd, i could have tilt'd instead of shook and sat in my shield.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Dang I love Spider_sense vids. That was a good match. He seemed a little cold for the first couple stocks. It's actually funny how many Fox's don't know how to play against Ganon. Dash dance until he does something and edgeuard the Bair if they're above the ledge and fsmash if they're below it. GG.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That guy is really really good against Ganon. Playing RockCrock, Linguini, and Renth weekly explains it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. he made my first round pound 5 pool really hard. i had him, blunted object (canada) and vanz. at first i thought i was going to make it out, and then i realized who harriet the guy was and i was like...really? lol.

do you know who harriet lost to in winners bracket, renth? seems kind of early for him to have been in losers anway...

Top Bottom