• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Experimenting includes seeing exactly how far off stage I can go for a Fair without dying, right?

Also, I feel all scared every time I look at your avatar. Next tourney we're both at, I challenge you to an avatar MM. If I win, you have to change your avatar to something that doesn't scare me.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. you can do whatever you want and you get to test if you die or not by trying. If you don't then it's a success. Or you can try to dair, Falco's dair, if it trades it's good for you.. if you get hit first then maybe you spaced it wrong or did the dair too early. You have to know why it happened the way it happened, that's probably the hardest part to realize.

It could be also like, ok I see Peach DDing at a safe location.. so I try to waveland quickly to close in the distance and Ftilt.. but then I see she backed off even more to avoid that and then she dash attacks me. That means I failed. So next time, i'll waveland forward and instead of Ftilting right away ill DD as well to change my timing of attack and make her keep guessing. So if she dash attacks then she's the one that will fail and I'll get a punish opportunity. For higher level players, the layers of mix ups are simply greater so I have to be mindful of more options that can occur.

As for my avatar, what's scary about it? I like confident woman. =P

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I like confident women too. There's just something about her that looks scary.

Also, as soon as you said waveland Ftilt against Peach I had a bad feeling, simply because I don't feel like it would work consistently against Peach players. I feel like it'd be a better strategy against Marth. Waveland DD, on the other hand, seems like it'd be much better against peach. I'm not sure either would work too well against a faster character like Fox/Falco/Falcon unless I was very careful with it, since they're fast enough they could hit me before I do anything out of the waveland. If I were to go for anything against them, it'd probably be a waveland jab, due to it being faster, or a waveland shield. Then I'd mix them up a bit. If they try to grab my shield, it gives me time to jab. If they try to attack to beat my jab, it lets me shield. If I could get the hang of PSing Melee attacks, waveland to PS to jab would be great. Depending on the character, I could also waveland to CC to Dtilt, but I feel like that has a lot fewer applications than the other options. The upwards knockback is a nice reward, though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But she's a cute vampire, of course she's scary.. the darkness man. =)

Well my example was just one of them, it's not something I normally do vs any character actually Ftilt works to stuff approaches usually it's not used to attack that much because it's somewhat slow.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm sure I've told you this already, but my Ganondorf uses the power of the purpleness, not the darkness. That's why I like Evangelion (Evo01 is purple), Beelzemon (His Tamers' digivice is purple), Gengar (he's purple), me (I wear purple clothing), Dragon Ball (Shenron is inverse purple), Gundam (Alright, there's actually never been a purple gundam. But Char pilots red suits, and red is half of purple, so it's good enough), your name (It's purple), etc.

I really like Ftilt as a way to stop approaches. The different angles mean it can cover so many different options, even hitting them on playforms or being a decent edgeguard, and the range allows it to beat a lot of attacks. It's definitely one of my favorite moves on ganon. I think I started off using it aggressively, then didn't use it very much, and now I'm starting to use it smartly. In general, my gameplay has gone from being way to aggressive, to being too passive, and now I'm playing a lot smart by incorporating elements of both, as well as understanding the game more and being able to put more thought into it. It's kind of like Calculus, only a lot harder.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what have you guys been feeding Pseudo? he's becoming the marth slayer!

Renth

Smash Hero
You shut the hell up. Lmao I'm so god awful at that matchup
Can't think about it like that, you're auto handicapping yourself if you think you are bad at something before it even starts.

I don't know what it is about tournament settings but they fill me with such incredible confidence, I dislike the marth match up, I get ran over by falcos but if I go into a match going oh great.. I hate this/suck at this you're already losing to yourself.

When I played against shiz as my round 1 bracket match after pools.. I walked into the match with him expecting to lose I lost to myself long before I did to shiz. If you think you're going to lose, you've already lost. However, it is good to sit back, reflect and understand what your strengths and weaknesses are improving in this game is all about studying and figuring out what is wrong with you.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Can't think about it like that, you're auto handicapping yourself if you think you are bad at something before it even starts.

I don't know what it is about tournament settings but they fill me with such incredible confidence, I dislike the marth match up, I get ran over by falcos but if I go into a match going oh great.. I hate this/suck at this you're already losing to yourself.

When I played against shiz as my round 1 bracket match after pools.. I walked into the match with him expecting to lose I lost to myself long before I did to shiz. If you think you're going to lose, you've already lost. However, it is good to sit back, reflect and understand what your strengths and weaknesses are improving in this game is all about studying and figuring out what is wrong with you.
Yea thanks man. I'm not really taking this seriously, the only reason I said that was because I was literally 7% away from getting JV 5'd... I got one jab in hahaha. It was only a friendly as it is anyway. But I hear you, mindset is such a huge part of this game.

Are there any videos of you up? I wanna see whats been going on with you since '09 haha.

Renth

Smash Hero

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What marth player are you looking to destroy :rolleyes:
Any and all Marth players! I do not like Marth:glare:

Coool! If I'm there we oughta get some friendlies in! I'm excited at the chance to play you :bee:
Yea man, you too! I would love to play a fellow midwest ganon. But I gotta warn you: I'm bad. Lol, like really, really bad. If you would like to see just how badly I play this game, take a glance at what Ripple posted. But, to be fair I am getting *very* slowly better and Ripple does have like 7 years of experience on me.

DAMN YOU BLAKE!!! Man, it would be embarrassing to get zero-to-death combo'd by that Ganon, wouldn't it? OH, WAIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audN72lJuQU :troll:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wouldn't that require them to DI into the jab, though?

Also, because of that quote, everyone in NC calls me Raphbo. It's cool though, because I'm getting them to call PP Kevbo.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
What's the best way to deal with Falco doing ledge hop double laser. Like if you know he's going to do it every time. All I think of is cc into jab or dj fair.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
depends on how he's lasering. if the falco is bad, and the first one is high, you can do any number of things. down b, down tilt, crouch and then jab, take a laser to the face and jab...basically whatever you want.

if the falco is good and both lasers are low enough to say, hit you even if you don't jump, then your best bet is to DI the lasers away and hope to god he doesn't combo into shine, grab, and maybe the di will put you far away enough to jab him trying to do those things to you.

the high low laser off the edge is sooo fun to punish though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What's the point in moonwalking, and should I bother trying to learn it?

I have my own idea of why moonwalking is good, and why I shouldn't bother, but I want your opinions.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What's the point in moonwalking, and should I bother trying to learn it?

I have my own idea of why moonwalking is good, and why I shouldn't bother, but I want your opinions.
Moonwalking is the one tech trick I can't do, so I say it's totally useless. I can't even do it on 1/4 speed lol.

No, but really, I can't really find any real use for it. The closest thing I can think of is 2:09 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELImH5ySISA, but even then it is uneffective.

EDIT: Also, modern: got your pm.

Just watched the quad ganon matches. LEGIT. That might even be better than RockCrock Kage Linguini and Chaddd.

Hahahaha so many RockCrocks. Also, whoever got the double RockCrock (I don't even remember at this point) - nice.

Are there any other vids of you guys up?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage, I can't support your avatar. Nor would Ganon.

Also, that video was so full of sheganogans.

Top Bottom