• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
When you guys say safer, I assume you mean it's harder to punish, which is definitely true. But F-smash has RIDICULOUS priority, and multiple hitboxes, which means you'll almost never trade with it. I can see up angled f-tilt trading with a falcon nair though. Just something I wanted to point out.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was running through that in my head during school yesterday and was fairly certain FUtilt would be a good answer. I'm glad to hear you thought the same thing.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
You can sometimes, take the opponent by surprise by blocking the nair and reverse up-b lol. I know it's a one time trick per set of matches but it's effective

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's certain cases where no attacks will be able to counter a move that is thrown like let's say Peach's Fair and only Fsmash will be able to hit her because of the pullback. It's basically another specific Ganon trap, it's kinda hard to describe the spacing where this can happen though.. mm... It could be used vs Marth too sometimes.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm in the mood to claim a stock on Yoshi's, and, as a result, start pulling off some weird Dair -> Nair combos. I end everything with an aerial Down B offstage, then Randall surprises everyone by catching my prey with his endlessly dark and evil mug. I quickly catch on to what Randall is planning, but it's too late -- I've already lost my stock. At that point, I'm feeling pretty swagged up by Randall's shenanigans, and start to smile.

Would I finally be at your level, Kage?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Up throw fsmash on spacies at 65-75 per cent is a sweet combo.

:phone:
It might would work, but I think you'd be better off dthrow/uthrow to uair or fair wouldn't you? Seeing as how 65-75% can be death percentage to spacies if they are close to a ledge. Especially falco.

Fsmash knocks them up, while uair/fair knocks them horizontal.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Fsmash could be better if the ceiling was low enough.
At 65-75? Nah, you'd have to be like on the top platform on Yoshi's to kill off the top with it.

While on yoshis, a fair is probably going to almost kill off the side or lead to an edgeguard opportunity.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Alright, back from my second ever tournament. I got absolutely destroyed, which was to be expected, but had 2 major accomplishments:

1) I beat one person who actually beat a lot of the people who beat me.
2) I successfully chain grabbed a sheik twice in crew battles and ended up +1 stock

Unfortunately, I got dead last lol. Maybe next time.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if only you could see this guy's improvement!

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
quasi testudine has a lot of potential. he'll be the best ganon in the mw in like 2/3 years.
Give it one, ian:)
(Thanks for the support)

Tech skill: check
Speed: meh
Thinking at all whatsoever when i play and not just spamming random moves: needs improvement.

I give that last one one year. Lmao.

Oh, one more thing. This is regarding the RLD (which i clearly have a hard-on for).

RLD to fair: in my experience it always hits the first time.
When they get accustomed to this, they will put up their shield when they see you RLD DJ. After this, fast fall the DJ into a waveland and pivot a grab. All i can say is MAD SEXY.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If I were Ganon, and I saw you RLD DJ, I'd Ftilt you. I'm pretty sure it'd work out well.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the initial slide on the edge is still invincible. you'd have to be really close to the edge and have to catch him after he's already slid back off the edge. but if you're that close, then a ganon would probably just ledgedash-roll through to center stage.

it's best to just lock ganon down, and stand near ledgedash range.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If he does a ledgedash-roll, he'd be in downB range, right? Or would he be slightly out of it?

Also, what do you guys think about Shield-dropping? I feel like I should be using it a lot more than I do at the moment.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
down b range from...where? i'm thinking of standing with your back to the ledge about platform distance from the edge. if he ledgedash rolls you can just...fair.

if you commit yourself closer to the edge, i guess you could down B inwards, but they might be able to shield in time; ledgedash roll is kinda fast, and punishing with a down b on reaction does not seem particularly quick.

shield drop seems okay, but sorta tough to do in a timely manner without spotdodging. it's more useful to have controlled pushoffs in shield to punish.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was thinking facing the edge, slightly closer. Thinking about it now, though, I've probably committed too much by being in that position.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if he ledgedash rolls you can just...fair..
to quote myself about 3 posts ago...

I was thinking facing the edge, slightly closer. Thinking about it now, though, I've probably committed too much by being in that position.
then you wouldn't be facing the edge. and yeah, as i said earlier, it's probably too slow to do on reaction. maybe as a hard read, and if you're really lucky, it'd reverse.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You're right, at that point I might as well Fair or Bair. I wonder if a WD turn around jab/ftilt would be fast enough. It wouldn't be as good as a Fair or Bair, but it's something I'll have to think about.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, a wavedash grab is probably good enough. a lot of those situations, ganon will shield first, ask questions later. grabbing is good for that as a punish.

it's what i would do as sheik.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Sheik's slightly faster though, right? Still, given the advantage Sheik has in the matchup, it seems like it would be beneficial to think like a Sheik. Maybe I should work on my Sheik more.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, sheiks is certainly faster, but even ganon's should do work on an obvious ledgedash roll.

thinking like a sheik is useful, just as long as you don't start assuming his crouch is good :p

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Ganon's crouch is the best. I can duck under Fox's Shine with it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yknow raphael, you had a decent streak there for a little bit. good, thoughtful, posts that didn't involve kirby.

in other news, to deal with foxes shine, just jump first. when you land you have no lag, so you can jab when they think they have a waveshine.

Top Bottom