• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
play fox / falco as an alt, it'll boost your ganon :)

PseudoTurtle, can you tell me a bit about reads and baits ? Cases you notice and can take a nice advantage ?

Btw, i've been practicing my powershield, that stuff saved me so much against falcons

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
play fox / falco as an alt, it'll boost your ganon :)
I've been messing around with pretty much every high tier as an alt for my Ganon/Mewtwo

So far it goes something like:
Marth
Falco, Sheik/Fox
Puff/Falcon
Peach/ICs

My Falco and Fox would probably be a hell of a lot better than my Marth, but I am absolutely horrid at tech skill with them.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
sick strat that i use against spacies:

when near the ledge with your back towards the blast zone and you get a grab, cg forward or in neutral position until they di behind for a free ftilt, generally leading to death or edgeguard.

feels so good to get it off, too. requires a bit fast of reaction time if you want to do it at lower percents though.

also, good alts to improve ganondorf that i've personally used:

bowser

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
still loses to roy

:troll:
**** YOU RIPPLE!!! loooool I do better vs. your marth (55-45 marth), your falcon (65-35 falcon), fox (60-40 fox), falco (60-40 falco), your jiggs (60-40 jiggs), and your sheik (65-35 sheik) than against your roy (90-10 ganon) lol. Either you or I don't know how this game is supposed to work.

and Dero, idk how to really describe it completely, but it started happening recently. I actually recognize my opponent's patterns, and know what they will do next. In terms of baits, I remember running at ripple and he rolled towards me. The next time I was in that situation, I ran at him and dsmashed and he still rolled towards me; this was the stock. Or simply waiting for a double jump (by doing literally nothing). This is REALLY good to do vs. marth.

Also, I just know what will work in what situation better than before. Like when to CC and when not to.

I'm still not very good lol, but getting a lot better. Like at this point I may actually be able to take a couple of games off of the chicago smashers. I just recently started taking the occasional legitimate game off of Ripple. He still wins 90% of the time of course, but I'm getting there. Can't wait to get even better.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
still loses to roy

:troll:
I played the best Roy in the world a few weeks back. Well, the best Roy main. Sethlon, the guys legit. Did pretty well vs him, although he did get a few games off me in his defense. Never thought a Roy would be able to make me sweat, but sure enough, he did.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
Thanks PT :) That's pretty much what I was thinking

God, there's a hype tournament in paris in just 2 days, I got a lot better those last 5months playing Baxon every week but shiz, the level there is just gonna be too high for me this time.

I'm not even sure I could pass the pools this time, just hoping not to play against too many shieks

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Good luck, man and yea no problem.

Hahahaha I have yet to make it out of pools even in a local tournament, but that will change quite soon. That being said, I can still say I beat andale in pools... because he ganon ditto'd me and then went falcon because I asked him to lmfao

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Yeah, Kage has that get pushed, push back harder mentality. He'll never beat anyone really good until they corner him. Then the warrior is unleashed! (I have no facts to back up any of this)

Kage Smash!

HugS™

Smash Lord
Yo, I know you guys watched that kings of cali ****. It's official, hugs is the biggest pu$sy a$$ ***** of ALL TIME. Riding mango's c0ck way more than he normally does. WTF. Ken probably thinkin the whole scene is trippin.... Hugs is a stupid *** muh fukca. For real, dumb as **** LOL. Ridin mango's **** nonstop, I guarantee to the point where even mango feels weird about it. rofl HugS is a fukcin arrogant *** that doesn't know ****.
LOL yeah I was **** riding pretty hard, but aside from being one of my best friends, he's also a pretty good player. At least it wasn't blind ****-riding.

Also, idk where all this extra hate came from though, like, pulled it out of thin air. Straight made up a persona for yourself to hate on LOL.

But wait, I thiiiiink I remember you. You might be that one player I ****ed up back at MLG playoffs in New York. The one I 4 stocked. If I'm wrong, my bad, there are a lot of people that go by "Ace".

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Actually hugs I was just wasted drunk and speaking my mind, didn't mean the added hate at all... but you gotta know how your own foot tasted after that verbal fellatio. Good God that was pathetic, no offense. I was surprised honestly. And no, you don't know me and have never played me. I'm sure that one Ace you 4 stocked was a very good player though, congrats.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's all good in the hood. At least you don't deny it lol. This isn't the first time I woke up and saw something like that posted on smashboards and said "damn I was druuuuuuuuunk last night" but I don't delete the post cause i'm like **** it it's smashboards LOL. No hard feelings seriously.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Actually hugs I was just wasted drunk and speaking my mind, didn't mean the added hate at all... but you gotta know how your own foot tasted after that verbal fellatio. Good God that was pathetic, no offense. I was surprised honestly. And no, you don't know me and have never played me. I'm sure that one Ace you 4 stocked was a very good player though, congrats.
That Ace wasn't, he just chose to talk a lot of **** after I 4 stocked him to imply I wasn't good, so I remembered him, and put two together. Also from Tristate.

Also, I don't see what's so pathetic despite going a bit overboard. I'm a fan of his abilities, he's best player in the US, and my best friend. You say "pathetic" as if to put me in the same category as a fanboy. I'm accomplished enough with the game to sing someone's praises without being a fanboy. It's more a sign of mutual respect, not blind adoration.

Not to mention, I have the respect of the very people whose abilities I openly respect.

It's like saying Eminem is pathetic for being such a big Dr. Dre fan.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
The lameness around here lately is off the charts anyone got any new vids or something
+1. I'd really like to see some vids of you, Ian. By the sound of it, you're getting pretty good! We need more spidey and G. Vice vids as well, I haven't seen **** by any of you in the past year or so.

I'm gonna be playing a little bit with ripple today (~45 mins or so, class johns), and I can record if you want, but I'm not quite watchable for critique or anything just yet. Soon tho. Soon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
okay so if you SERIOUSLY do what i posted about, i honest to god had no idea.

i just started doing it and it's amazing.
Well no not really, going for a grab in that position seems rather rare since you are the one close to the ledge. I mean it is a good reversal but I dont really CG in the first place.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like invisible ceiling glitches. More than that, I like doing them on purpose...to pseudo

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm just as good as sethlon

If your videos are an accurate representation of what your Roy can do, then I have to disagree with you. Sethlon as of 2009-2010, I would say I agree with your statement. But Sethlon as of 2 months ago when I played him applies far more smart pressure and has a far superior combo game.

I suppose it is possible that your one of those players whose videos aren't a good indication of how good you are, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary that separated you from just any solid player playing Roy against someone who's new.

Also, Dipp'n holding down my FF6 avatars, props!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't have any recent footage of my roy that's good aside from my set with tang at apex.

Also, he likes dair combos. I think they are pretty much worthless. But I FAR out class him in terms of pressure and offense

We have these discussions on the roy boards all the time

Top Bottom