• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
my use of dtilt is completely different than what you guys are assuming lol

when sheik or samus is coming back down to the stage, dtilt is basically a free hit, and sometimes even leads to fair at certain percents.

i would never use dtilt over ftilt in a poking situation rofl

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you edgeguard samus/sheik facing the edge ian? i'm too worried about my opponents actually sweetspotting to do that lol. if i think they'll miss the edge bad enough to dtilt, i'd rather hit them with bair usually.

but i do thoroughly enjoy dtilt nair fair against spacies that can't side B properly.

edit: unless you mean coming straight down from above you? like they're on stage, but coming down, not in an edgeguarding situation

Renth

Smash Hero
Shieks put me out of my comfort zone, I can't do **** unless I grab em and that's no easy task for me

good stuff, nice set !

at 1:12 did you fair in reaction from the full jump nair

also do you have any advice about the dtilt ? you seem to use it far more and way better than I could think
I don't really know, I really suck at giving advice. I like down tilt, I really like down smash for a lot of things.. i just am very slippery and like to do things based on where the opponent is on or off the stage. Admittedly, I really suck at edge guarding. When I played dark atma I jumped off stage and up air'd him when he was trying to up b to the ledge, it worked the two times i mixed it in because he didn't expect it. I have a hard time talking about the game online, I can break things down and talk much easier in person.

Dash attack can be hilarious, depending on their DI you can dash attack someone twice and then f air after it. I don't use it enough. Also, Ian you were talking about down tilting instead of down angle f tilting someones recovery? I prefer to down angle f tilt it hits just under the ledge and is amazing for edge guarding fox/falco

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo, I know you guys watched that kings of cali ****. It's official, hugs is the biggest pu$sy a$$ ***** of ALL TIME. Riding mango's c0ck way more than he normally does. WTF. Ken probably thinkin the whole scene is trippin.... Hugs is a stupid *** muh fukca. For real, dumb as **** LOL. Ridin mango's **** nonstop, I guarantee to the point where even mango feels weird about it. rofl HugS is a fukcin arrogant *** that doesn't know ****.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Ganon dittos just take practice. Play with someone good, often.
Well, I'm ****ed lol.

Closest Ganon to me (afaik) is Kage - 6 hour drive away.

Closest good players are in Toronto, which I usually take a train to get to for tournaments once a month (well, twice a month if you count Brawl). But I have no way to get to the train station during the week :(

I guess I have to settle for practicing Tech skill and combos against CPUs

Renth

Smash Hero
up air beats f air.

b air beats everything just spam it. Literally, just spam it.

down throw, can be a free hit or another down throw.

Edge guarding.. it's ganon just hit him he sucks.

If you hit the other guy once continue hitting him until he learns how to DI by that time he's off stage.

repeat.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Everything renth said is dead on lol. Chaingrab whenever applicable. Practice the tough pivot regrabs on lvl 1 cpu's... they always DI behind you. I think you are guaranteed to get a regrab until like 65% (before the dthrow). Then end the cg in a bair or fair.

Always try to fully space your fairs. Fair can beat uair when fully spaced, and uair can actually beat bair sometimes if you space it right.

EDIT... Lol

If you hit the other guy once continue hitting him until he learns how to DI by that time he's off stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ4DnovYYP8#t=0m45s I couldn't agree more lmao. Mark are you in PA now?

Renth

Smash Hero
Yes, I am currently in Pennsylvania.

That's a perfect example Ace.

ROFLMAOO

Hit them and keep hitting them until they learn how to DI.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's a long *** time. Today is day 96 of work for me in a row. I usually don't have time to make trips like that because I work all day. sucks. If anyone visits me though for melee. Gas will be free as a n00b falco playing linguini. Trust me. I'll pay.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Just got back from a tournament, a couple of my pools matches were streamed (back to back). Here is the stream archive: http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/342973950

Go to 3:02:00 in the stream archive to see my two matches with Ganondorf. The first one is against Europhoria's Marth, the second is against DVK's Doctor Mario.

Also, Kage: when I switched to Ganon against Europhoria he said "Don't believe Kage when he says this MU is even" I agree with Europhoria after that set.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why do you agree with that? You definitely missed out on tons of opportunities to start combos on him and you also whiffed a lot of aerials which costed you and your DI can be a lot better too. Simple rule: DI away from all moves at low/mid percent and you won't get comboed by Marth.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i can't decide how i personally feel about ganon vs marth.

i think it's even in a similar way that ganon vs jiggs is even.

which isn't very even.

i think their abilities from neutral are similar, but marth/jiggs hurt more from things like grabs/bairs.

edit: but once you push them from the neutral position and start forcing decisions at a higher level, things get interesting. it's that level of the game that matters, and at that level, it's tough to really decide what's going on and how even things are when i'm not there.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Why do you agree with that? You definitely missed out on tons of opportunities to start combos on him and you also whiffed a lot of aerials which costed you and your DI can be a lot better too. Simple rule: DI away from all moves at low/mid percent and you won't get comboed by Marth.
I know I played the MU terribly, but, even with the huge skill gap between me and Europhoria, It just doesn't feel like an even MU.

I'm not saying it's unwinnable by any means, but I just can't see it being even.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You really can't say anything when there is a big skill gap. You think you know, but you don't have a good idea as to why what is happening is actually happening. That being said, marth beats Ganon for sure. Like somewhere between 60/40 and 55/45. He is a lot quicker and more agile, and has more time to space his attacks vs Ganon. Ganon has all the tools to compete with his range but he has to consistently get decent reads on marth to do so, and that's hard. If you beat a marth with Ganon, you are flat out the better player in that matchup. Pretty sure kage even knows it's not even. Kage used to think sheik vs Ganon was even lmao, and he knows that's not even close to true now.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Gotta agree with Ace on this one. Marth Ganon is probably 55-45 or even 60-40, I'm really awful at the matchup, but I know it can be done, and I'm just now starting to learn what can be done against Marth (when to CC, uair out of shield, incorporate more DD). The only reason I get wrecked by players like dart and ripple is because they are simply better than I am.

Watch kage or linguini vs. marth. Those dudes know that matchup really well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I 3-stocked Dart like 3-4 times in tournament.. lol.. This matchup is the easiest in the top tiers, I don't see anyone truly capable to own me in that matchup, at best for the opponent it'll go either way.

*Sigh* I wish I could explain matchups good but I can't.. lol.

Top Bottom