• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not really. everyone already wanted a slightly better DJ and for him to be slightly faster

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
oh my glob please don't change ganon's DJ =/
He can middle hop fine
It ledge stalls by itself perfectly
furthermore you get perfect edge wave lands every time
idk there might be more, but even that should be enough.
Ganon's DJ is fine the way it is now.

What would you change about it?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oh my glob please don't change ganon's DJ =/
He can middle hop fine
It ledge stalls by itself perfectly
furthermore you get perfect edge wave lands every time
idk there might be more, but even that should be enough.
Ganon's DJ is fine the way it is now.

What would you change about it?
you can still do all of this in SDR.

and ledgehop aerial to on stage

Linguini

Smash Master
yo I watched mango vs peepee in cali, pretty underwhelming. next time I play one of them i'm going falco and schooling them, that **** ain't as hard as its made out to be.....spacies are like 2 of the 3 matchups i'm **** at with falco.

Their tech is ridiculous and I could never be that quick, but making the right decision will always beat tech skill.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Dude I gotta see this falco you've been hyping up. Now for the real question... who would win if it was your falco vs. your ganon lol.

Also, I think ganon's DJ is fine, it's his initial that sucks. Like I said, if you changed it to be like fox's or something that would be sick.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yo I watched mango vs peepee in cali, pretty underwhelming. next time I play one of them i'm going falco and schooling them, that **** ain't as hard as its made out to be.....spacies are like 2 of the 3 matchups i'm **** at with falco.

Their tech is ridiculous and I could never be that quick, but making the right decision will always beat tech skill.
beat westballz with falco and i'll be impressed.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Id love to see that but their right decisions is combined with tech skills, I don't think you'll be able to beat them if you dont have both.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
he played me at apex in some friendlies and i didnt have my controller -__-. If he played me again it would be a whole different story. I think i would consistently 3 stock him just cuz he bragged about a dum friendly

Renth

Smash Hero
Have you played really good Sheiks? I assume you have if you've played DarkAtma. I'm not sure how you like it, but kudos lol

I like Ganon vs Captain Falcon but that's a little different.
vs. silentswag

He's very good almost beat vanz in tournament a handful of times, both my games with dark atma were last stock each. I honestly enjoy the sheik match up I never feel overwhelmed.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Of ganon's bad matchups, I can handle falcon and fox decently. I get f'd up by sheik and falco. Puff can go either way.

Yo renth, just watched that set for the first time. Good **** on that last match man, a lot of wavelanding shenanigans and cool stuff.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
Shieks put me out of my comfort zone, I can't do **** unless I grab em and that's no easy task for me

good stuff, nice set !

at 1:12 did you fair in reaction from the full jump nair

also do you have any advice about the dtilt ? you seem to use it far more and way better than I could think

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmm Id say its kinda risky, if they block dtilt they have time to WD in Dsmash (Samus) or grab (Sheik). I guess you could dtilt at times to catch them trying to poke you first though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah one wrong dtilt and you die lol. i think i wanna start trying to techchase with dtilt though. it sounds like it could be fun.
Ya it's pretty good, dtilt setups nicely for a uair or Fair especially if you techchase away where there will be close to the ledge. You can also cover the whole platform with that too. Even if they DI away in that position, they are still above you off-stage.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hmm Id say its kinda risky, if they block dtilt they have time to WD in Dsmash (Samus) or grab (Sheik). I guess you could dtilt at times to catch them trying to poke you first though.
Definitely. I know enough about Samus to know that D-tilt is in fact NOT good vs Samus. It would be one of my moves to not do vs her. Ftilt is much better because you can cover yourself with the jab, or depending on the distance she is from you, another ftilt. Or it has a small enough lag time to allow you to move after it and between her WD oos. I don't know much about the sheik part though, it could be good but I just usually default to ftilt in situations like that.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Even if you're doing everything right against Shiek at best you're just trading. It's an awful matchup, and any time he commits improperly it's a ton of damage, or a stock. Aerially this matchup sucks, and the ground game is trash too. She always has a better option than Ganon. I don't see how anyone feels comfortable against a competent shiek.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i have recently found dash attack to be far more useful than i previously thought. I credit trail for this, as that was one of the things i learned in our ganon dittos. if people are conditioned to act for fairs on shield, dash attack breaks through that option in a really goofy (and combo setting) way. crossing up dash attacks is also funny when they don't expect it (don't let spacies get away with it).

Top Bottom