• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone like Linguini willing to PM with some ganon match up discussion? im looking to improve my sheik match up. i can win against her with my peach and ICs but i would really like some coaching in this ganon match up. thanks in advance for any assistance. happy smashing

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I would if I knew anything about the sheik matchup. Basics: cc is good. Dtilt is good. Bair is good. Chain grab is good unless you're the one getting chain grabbed.

If you get hit with a ftilt at mid - high percents, you will lose a stock (because sheik's fair sends you off at a ******** angle) so... don't get hit?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So, looks like baka is gonna be at U of I for the weekend. Obviously, I'm gonna have to get a few matches in with him. But I also have very little peach experience. What I know is that I have to have a solid ground game because of the turnips. And that edge guarding is basically not gonna happen. Other than that, I really have yet to even figure out the basics.

Any advice?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
awww hail The Morningstar!
I need to be on this page being an owner of LaVey's Satanic Bible and cuz I play ganon

Superspright

Smash Lord
LaVey's Satanism is just narcissism to the extreme. I wouldn't own anything of his considering he beat his animals, cheated on his 'wife' and basically used and manipulated people non-stop because they believed he was some sort of repository of deep knowledge. No. Just no.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Do I really need to give sources about a sociopath?? Seriously!? Use a little reasoning and you'll figure out it was all a con to acquire power--he's the figurehead of his religion [it's a doctrine really]. He worships himself and confuses other narcissists by allowing them avenues to indulge their ridiculous fantasies about being better than others--if you really think that badly about the person down the street what is stopping you from seeing it in others? He's infectious. I'm not ********.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So how does Ganon on the ground work

Genuinely curious
I don't believe he does lol. He's pretty hard to get to work at all. My ganon is very, very aerial based, I wish I could help. Actually, I think it's a blessing and a curse together to be so aerial based.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I don't think I like being in this thread anymore..
+1

Please leave religious views out of this. I made a simple comment, 666 = ganon, it was a joke. Please take it lightly.

Anyway, kk. I have yet to figure it out, but although his dash dance is bad, it isn't unviable. It can definitely be used against Marth and a few others. But vs characters like fox or falcon, it's almost useless I feel like

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Looooooool only a ganon main. Nick, you gonna be around over winter break? I got two weeks in Chi town hoping to get in a few games
Definitely, I hardly go anywhere. When specifically are you going to be free to smash?

And you CAN edgeguard peach. Do it with mostly with Uairs. It buries her low and makes it harder for her to make it back every time you hit it her with it. If you have to though, and sometimes you will, go ahead and Bair her. But those are the two best moves to edgeguard her. Ganon can do it, so can you.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ganon has to carve out space on the ground. even though his aerials are primarily the moves that can't be challenged, he can take space on the ground because his CC is so strong. if the opponent fears you taking space by your aerials, taking it on foot can surprise the opponent in a way that could prove...useful.

dash dance can give up space in a way that allows you to counter, but using it offensively is odd unless you're pressuring someone in a corner, from my experience. i think up angled ftilt needs to be explored a little more, as even though its timing is precise, it's ability to cause knockdown at lower percents seems pretty good.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
ganon has to carve out space on the ground. even though his aerials are primarily the moves that can't be challenged, he can take space on the ground because his CC is so strong. if the opponent fears you taking space by your aerials, taking it on foot can surprise the opponent in a way that could prove...useful.

dash dance can give up space in a way that allows you to counter, but using it offensively is odd unless you're pressuring someone in a corner, from my experience. i think up angled ftilt needs to be explored a little more, as even though its timing is precise, it's ability to cause knockdown at lower percents seems pretty good.
This is some really legit general ganon advice. Needed to say that.
Quoted for visibility.

Top Bottom