• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
SMYM 13.5 will happen in november I believe. SMYM 14 will happen in march sometime. We'd love to have you! I'm sure either Blake or I would be able to house you no problem.

:phone:
Wouldn't work for me anyway, I'm doing some... stuff in November and I have a tradition of visiting florida in march.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kage we should revive the KazeKage team at a local or small American tournament sometime. I'm actually trying to get better in teams now.

Also my Fox vs your Ganon bo5 $5 MBR recommended ruleset at whatever we're both at next. Deal?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I mean no offense by this but I hate fighting teams like that 'cuz I wind up just trying to hold off the S tier player (who's the best player on the screen) while Kage (or Unknown, if I'm with him) tries to kill the teammate super fast

It's gay and I hate my goal being to stall for and protect Kage (who cannot fight PP head-on obviously)

It's a gay race of whether PP kills me faster than Kage kills you

:/

Divinokage

Smash Legend
KK, I think you underestimate me in teams, I can handle everybody just fine. It's not always going to be you on the stronger player of the team, sometimes you'll throw him at me and then ill cover the tech roll away while you can cover inside/in place for example. If I'm behind you of course I won't be able to go over you and help you battle a lot but if you backthrow let's say then he's going to be in a sandwich position where I can help you pressure. Sometimes, I'm going to have to fight the stronger player but in general I land 2-3 hits at most and everybody dies. =P Even if I have the stronger player alone vs me, I can still land enough hits where we can easily techchase on reaction too... no one is impossible I can see what they do. You have to remember all those stronger players have much more limited movement and it's in those limited movement where I thrive the most because I love chaotic situations.. it's where I can summon the BS the most.. no one in the world can escape that, haven't I proven that enough? =P

You were the one that said I'm very good at boxing people in.. in teams that strength becomes x2-x3 greater.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I mean no offense by this but I hate fighting teams like that 'cuz I wind up just trying to hold off the S tier player (who's the best player on the screen) while Kage (or Unknown, if I'm with him) tries to kill the teammate super fast

It's gay and I hate my goal being to stall for and protect Kage (who cannot fight PP head-on obviously)

It's a gay race of whether PP kills me faster than Kage kills you

:/
You and Kage would win that pretty handily. In teams, there's enough going on where I believe that if Kage got matched vs PP for a little while he could at the very least hold his own somewhat, and no offense to BlackChris, but either you as Sheik or Kage as Ganon would be able to take him. So I honestly see you guys winning with like 2-3 stock reserve.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
When I realized my pool was mostly Falcos.

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. Most Falcos only know how to fight FFers so if you kill them efficiently enough so they don't learn the MU mid-set this might actually be cake.

I'm actually a terrible ganker in teams but I'm working on it. I'm too much of a fancy pants (it works in singles but long combos are bad in teams 'cuz they're too disruptable). I need to learn how to kill super fast, M2K style. Might have to peruse Youtube (I hate watching teams too :/ but I need inspiration!).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In my experience, Falco players are either really hard to fight or really awful at this game and easy to destroy. Most of them the latter.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I picked up samus for teams because DK is so awkward in them. Hopefully it works out for me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In my experience, Falco players are either really hard to fight or really awful at this game and easy to destroy. Most of them the latter.
The latter happens x5 more in teams. =P

Your skill level is a lot less important than understanding strategies and executing them perfectly. Having great teamwork > 1v1 skills.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
When I realized my pool was mostly Falcos.

Falco is not a fun matchup.

Too bad you won't come to SMYM. But then again, I may go to apex so who knows.

Chris, we have to play again sometime. I wanna see how much you've improved after playing with PP. I seem to remember us being almost even with you having a slight one-up on me. Unfortunately, I've been extremely busy, so I haven't even progressed at all since FC.

lol ripple's jiggs.

tm

Smash Ace
Surprisingly no falcos in my pool afaik. However, there is Vudujin and SFAT. Tips please.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
SFAT probably plays much better in tournament, but i magically took 3 stocks off of him (including an sd i think) in crews, so anything appears possible. i didn't even have a strategy, i just wavelanded and did fair, and some of them just hit and he died. i was planning on getting destroyed lol.

also, Kazekage vs black PP would be very VERY steeply in their favor lol. i just think it'd be enjoyable to experience. they have the best ganon and best sheik vs the best falco and some mid level ganon. and it's not like we have synergy things yet (only teamed once, saturday) sooo yeah lol. i enjoy being pushed though, and i currently like teams more than singles, so it's a fun proposition.

edit: honestly pseudo, i can never see my own improvement. i simply happen to beat people i tended to lose to. i asked PP how i beat someone i used to lose to, and how i took boss to game 5, and he let me know. i just kind of play. also, playing PP may have helped me gain some ideas on how to play, but i can never apply them against him cause he has 30,000 more ideas that he can't lay on me yet until i understand the first ones, so i never see what levels i'm gaining. it's pretty goofy how it works. Also, internalizing what i remember from trails ganon helped me in recent times. between his solid edgeguarding and willingness to do things i don't do off the edge, it's given me a style that at least has the ability to slow down. which is good, since i haven't been playing much, i'm not as slippery as i used to be.

Renth

Smash Hero
MDZ is a pretty solid falco, he's been beating my ganon more than i've been beating him *** of late. just go Ice climbers and **** falco for free.
Word. Only thing my ice climbers can do is wave dash down smash and wobble. :laugh:

We gotta get some dittos in trail.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Surprisingly no falcos in my pool afaik. However, there is Vudujin and SFAT. Tips please.
If you want to beat Vudu, don't let him recover. Ever. But he probably will, because he calls on misfires so clutch it'll make your head spin. Just do your best to get in his way. The most effective way to do this after years of playing him is to just unplug his controller whenever you knock him off stage. Nothing else seems to work.

tm

Smash Ace
Holy **** renth. Well at least you didn't get JV 5 stocked :p

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be noobing it up super hard between being a new player, being an Ohio player (nobody you know is from Ohio (except maybe abu, but he's more Michigan)), and being a Ganon (no hate). Doesn't mean I won't try my best though. And it'll be cool to meet people.

Renth

Smash Hero
Holy **** renth. Well at least you didn't get JV 5 stocked :p

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be noobing it up super hard between being a new player, being an Ohio player (nobody you know is from Ohio (except maybe abu, but he's more Michigan)), and being a Ganon (no hate). Doesn't mean I won't try my best though. And it'll be cool to meet people.

Yo, I'm all about new players. Find me at the event I'll be the cute *** mofo lookin fly and ****. Sit me down and I'll ganon with you all day my nigggahhh

tm

Smash Ace
Yo, I'm all about new players. Find me at the event I'll be the cute *** mofo lookin fly and ****. Sit me down and I'll ganon with you all day my nigggahhh
I'll hold you to that. I'll be the cute *** mofo with really long hair looking young and ****.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
oh is blackchris getting godlike from playing PP nonstop? But then, is he still maining ganon?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
eh, blackchris is finally learning how to play this game from playing PP about once a week because being a chem major finally sucks. he still seems to be playing ganon, but his fox has improved at both pushing buttons and understanding things. it's still a far cry from his ganon though.

Top Bottom