• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I get hit just because of a wrong guess but I think it's still important to do something for techchases all the time! You have to keep doing something or else you are not using Ganon's greatest strength which is greatly damaging characters on knockdown if you are successful. When you do that, you can change the momentum in one combo and then your opponent feels a lot of pressure after.. Making him lose a stock happens a lot too.

And in that position, Fox will have to do something at some point.. you just gotta make him move first. =P

poega

Smash Apprentice
Hi I'm looking for the Stomp>utilt combo on falco I've seen... It's on yoshi's story and looks pretty legit. Thx

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Iwas going to be his ride.

I'm not going because my teammate is going anymore

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
What ripple said =/

I would still go if my car wasn't in the shop due to a blown engine. I still want to play you tho! Eikelmann spoke very highly of you
I imagine he would, we spent a lot of time together some years ago. Either way, You always seem so excited to go to tournaments wish you could make it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Well I do love going to tournaments (even if I can barely win a match). And yea I wish I could make it and have a chance to play an old school florida ganon. Although I did play Ian and he fits that desciption lol and that was mad fun.

Either way, if you can come to SMYM 13.5 or or 14 (hint, hint), I will 100% guaranteed be there. And if you enjoy the ganon falcon matchup as much as I do, you will most definitely enjoy yourself.

Renth

Smash Hero
Well I do love going to tournaments (even if I can barely win a match). And yea I wish I could make it and have a chance to play an old school florida ganon.
I am not an old school Florida Ganon ;) I'm from PA. Though, the majority of my improvement in the game over all was in Florida. I am definitely old school PA.

Big House i'm kinda surprised i'm going to that one. I'm confirmed for big house and maybe apex 2013. Aside from that I'm not looking to travel much.

finding a teammate equal to Dart! is kinda hard
This is true, I wouldn't pass up a tournament experience for lack of a team mate though.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I am not an old school Florida Ganon ;) I'm from PA. Though, the majority of my improvement in the game over all was in Florida. I am definitely old school PA.

Big House i'm kinda surprised i'm going to that one. I'm confirmed for big house and maybe apex 2013. Aside from that I'm not looking to travel much.

This is true, I wouldn't pass up a tournament experience for lack of a team mate though.
Hm, I always kinda considered you a florida ganon just because you were mainly active there and kinda had the florida ganon style.

It'd be a shame if you didn't come to SMYM. It's a fun time, dude. I wanna say fearless and rezo came last year (I think from somewhere all the way down south). But no worries, I know nobody quits this game for real lol. We will certainly play some other time.

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
Pool 7
Butch G MI
Hart MO
MattDotZeb IL
Mr. Derp OH
Renth PA
Sasha MI
SUNG666 CA
Toadster MI

I know who mattdotzeb is. Anyone have any idea who any of these other people are?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Sung is a good falco from cali. He keeps up decently against the rest of socal. Toadster is a decent fox, plays with trail and cunning I guess. I played with him some while I housed with trail. The rest idk.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
In other news, went to a tourney yesterday. Won teams with pp, got 3rd in singles under pp and boss. Took boss to game 5. Guess I learned something about fighting doc while not being able to play this game much lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
Ya that would've been great! Perhaps at another tournament hopefully, it would be nice. =) GL, use your slippery techniques and stuff!
Thanks for the encouragement, since you aren't coming people are treating me like i'm the popular ganon at the event :laugh: So they have me doing some challenge where i fight three falcos where i'm heavily handi-capped and theres no team attack?

idk.

Anyway, A lot of my pool is falcos so if anyone wants to open a discussion on basic falco knowledge feel free to drop it. Back when I use to play with Linguini he would always jump over falcos lasers, shield grab everything and the first thing I learned from him was:

You know every falco double lasers from the ledge, you can double jump above them and hit him or cc jab.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
when falcos high low laser off the edge i just down b. kills them instantly.

if they double low like a smart falco, then it's tougher, but then you can jump over and do things.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ahhh man. Hindsight sucks haha. Have fun dude, rep that MW jiggs!

Renth: good luck to you, and I wish I could give you any decent advice vs. falco besides "grab him"
Oh and mattdotzeb plays the ganon matchup annoyingly well lol
Jab alot and ftilt and short hop uairs when he's approaching with lasers, make sure you SDI away from the shines, though you still MIGHT get punished for it. lol

Oh btw. Going to be dressed as Gumby for my next tournament.

Swag.

Renth

Smash Hero
Jab alot and ftilt and short hop uairs when he's approaching with lasers, make sure you SDI away from the shines, though you still MIGHT get punished for it. lol

Swag.
Wish you were going to big house Jason, I could use your laugh and coaching.

Top Bottom