• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
When you can 4 stock him then I'll start to be scared. ;)
I mean, we go back and forth. I know if it was YOU playing, you'd get 4 stocked by either of us. ;) I dunno man, **** it. I might JV 5 stock you, just to make you cringe in your sheet while you try to sleep at night.

#Haunting kids dreams since 87' :awesome:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm getting Tipman's Ganon pretty good. Better watch out Kage...;)

Meanwhile I'm getting addicted to this song. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8wWa3O9cUo

Any music suggestions? I wanna hear what other Ganon mains listen to. :)
I listen to a variety of stuff. Right now I'm on a Train kick, I love that band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBFehvLJDc

Also. Tipman has always been a Ganon I've looked up to. I didn't know he was back in the game. I'd like to come down there sometime to smash with you guys. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff you guys could teach me.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I mean, we go back and forth. I know if it was YOU playing, you'd get 4 stocked by either of us. ;) I dunno man, **** it. I might JV 5 stock you, just to make you cringe in your sheet while you try to sleep at night.

#Haunting kids dreams since 87' :awesome:
gotta play this guy.

all the **** you talk, you better be the best player in the world dude lol

anyway, I've been chilling on this as of late. Some old proto grunge / old school punk stuff, real cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZ1Ezj2dOQ

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Yeah kp, I've been missing both you and mahone lately. I've had some dirty lab reports to write over the weekends of the last few tournaments so I wasn't able to attend. Hopefully we can cross paths again sooner than later. I have some marth things I'm learning from pp that I need to try on someone that isn't him lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he can teach things, but they don't directly work on him because he knows more than he can teach at one time. so i have to try them on people that aren't him to see if they really work. so far, the things i've learned for marth applied to karn, but there are plenty more hints that i can get from him that make invisible progress vs kevin.

Renth

Smash Hero
Dear Black Chris:

I am now staying at Carrolls for a few days. I am here with Vudujin, The Lake, and More. During my visit.. I seem to have forgotten my phone charger. Ironically, someone left one here that works for my phone. Thank you for knowing the future and leaving it here for me. You're the best.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Bored and alone while friend is at work, practice tech skill, beat classic mode and more randomness

edit:If anyone knows something beneficial to practice, other than basic ledge and platform non-sense let me know how you like to keep your hands warm!
I kinda dabble around with Falcon/Fox. If you can move good with them, and do somewhat tech stuff, you'll at least maintain "warm" enough hands to be be able to let your muscle memory kick in and do whatever Ganon needs to do.

tm

Smash Ace
double/ triple aerials, edge/ ledge stuff, pretend you're edgeguarding someone

also renth you're inspiring

big house is sweet

G. Vice

Smash Lord
he's just going to **** around and do slippery stuff like he did round one pools

but i want him in bracket
Lol, is "just" slippery stuff even impressive these days? I've never been to the tourney scene much so I don't know what people get impressed by these days.

Renth

Smash Hero
double/ triple aerials, edge/ ledge stuff, pretend you're edgeguarding someone

also renth you're inspiring

big house is sweet
Thank you

Renth, word of warning for round 2 pools (if you see this in time lol)

Idea has a Falco, so be ready for that.
I didn't see this but thanks for looking out for me, I beat his puff then his falco 2-0.

It's impressive when you **** brackets.. What happened to Renth!? =/
Hey kage, basically. I got out of first round pools, every match I got streamed in I played super awfully. I was very nervous for a lot of this tournament. second round pools I 2-0'd three people then I lost it, I lost to everyone else. Things just went down hill, my DI was the first thing I noticed I was DIing into sheik for an entire match and couldn't break the mindset and I lost to myself pretty hard at this event.

idk, it is and isn't at the same time.

i think outsmarting people a lot and doing tight combos is more impressive, though.
A lot of people still seem to think I combo super well, in reality I just know a lot of gimmicks that allow me to. Example: down throw > down smash. if they tech in place and get hit by both feet, you can turn around and grab them and continue a string.

All in all, the tournament was a lot of fun. I didn't have any outstanding victories, definitely had some awful defeats though I couldn't get my mind together.

My set with DarkAtma, was super close and really sick. I wish that would have gotten recorded, I know why I lost in round 2 pools. Once you're in a mindset where things don't work then its really hard to piece yourself back together.

Trail has a super solid ganon also. We played some ganon dittos on the last day, neither of us really cared just kinda goofed off.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
This is not a joke reply but any advice vs. ganon when im a marth main? Hes obviously very combo-able, heavy, and lacks speed but over power. Im very confident in my ability to embarass a ganon player but i come from a early 2000 meta game. WHich probably makes my confident statement more of a silly statement. Im very serious about smash and am willing to learn. Any vs. ganon advice from the marth perspective?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I was a Marth main for 2/3 years before I finally converted to Ganondorf.

The real question is, what are you trying to learn? Marth vs Ganondorf can be a devastating matchup for you if you don't know how to take advantage of Ganondorf's weaknesses. It's more even than you think and is in no way a "free win" or anything of the likes.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Renth, good **** on beating vudujin! I saw your set with MDZ also. He ***** me consistently lol.

Oh and it's funny that you should mention that dthrow dsmash/side-b dsmash combo of yours. It's really good when it hits (I use it all the time), but I was re-watching your set with green ranger and you attempted it every time and he teched away 99% of the time. Maybe you could switch it up or something when he gets in a predictable teching pattern like that.

This is not a joke reply but any advice vs. ganon when im a marth main? Hes obviously very combo-able, heavy, and lacks speed but over power. Im very confident in my ability to embarass a ganon player but i come from a early 2000 meta game. WHich probably makes my confident statement more of a silly statement. Im very serious about smash and am willing to learn. Any vs. ganon advice from the marth perspective?
Grab him. Bait a double jump. Point the c stick in the direction you want ganon to go.

edit: I think I was just watching a friendly of you vs. vudu. haha nevermind, lemme watch the real set

Эикельманн [РУС]

WHats his weaknesses vs. marth I guess we can start with that
You need to be mindful of when Ganondorf will be vulnerable in the air. Most bad Ganondorfs like to attack when they don't need to, and they'll be in the air too often. Times like this are free combo opportunities for you because of how slow Ganondorf's jump is.

Is there a Ganondorf in your area giving you trouble or something? lol

Grabbing is very strong against Ganondorf. Control the center of the stage as much as possible.

tm

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, playing so many good (better than me at least) people at big house almost made me lose all motivation to play ganon. He's just so damn easy to kill. I know the game is way deeper than that but I feel like he's so handicapped. Most of my victories were only because people are stupid and got off the ledge or SDd a bunch. Pretty disheartening.

Ganon boards, tell me why I should retain my faith (other than that somehow, I still suck even more as every other character)

p.s. don't get me wrong ganon is ****ing cool and I love this game

Эикельманн [РУС]

The path of a Ganondorf main will not be an easy one. I can't tell you why you should play Ganondorf. Only YOU can do such a thing. If you have your doubts, then by all means end it now and go be a generic, cookie-cutter spacie main.

But if you want a real challenge, play Ganondorf. If you want to feel pride after every victory for having overcome the adversities pinned against your character, play Ganondorf. If crushing your opponents skulls with overwhelming power and grace is something you desire, then play Ganondorf.

Your victories are victories. Do not discredit them due to your opponents failures. No johns, not for yourself nor for your enemy. Destroy your opponent and hope that they come back ten times stronger, so that you may crush them once more and learn from your mistakes.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” - Bruce Lee

On another note, I hope that all four of the Ganondorf players in attendance at The Big House 2 feel that they gained some sort of knowledge and improved in any way, shape or form. Good job. :)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Not gonna lie, playing so many good (better than me at least) people at big house almost made me lose all motivation to play ganon. He's just so damn easy to kill. I know the game is way deeper than that but I feel like he's so handicapped. Most of my victories were only because people are stupid and got off the ledge or SDd a bunch. Pretty disheartening.

Ganon boards, tell me why I should retain my faith (other than that somehow, I still suck even more as every other character)

I had this same feeling after the last tournament I went to, where I got double two stocked by Unknown's Mario and double 3 stocked by everyone else in my pool (Including Idea's Falco, thanks for beating him Renth).

Then I remembered that Mewtwo and Ganondorf are ****ing awesome and the most badass characters in the game, and that by playing them I am automatically the most badass smasher in Toronto, in Canada, IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

In other news, Kage do you have any plans to come to a Toronto tournament in the near future? I didn't get to play you at Impulse and really want to get a chance to.

Renth

Smash Hero

Every ganon main I played there that was a newer player, I was encouraging them to NOT play Ganon. The character can be fun, when you do cool things they sure are cool. You can compete with better players however.. If someone simply dash dances/camps/picks falco don't expect to ever win. Play ganon for fun, not for serious.

i play ganondorf cuz hitting things makes people die. a lot. it's fun.
hitting people with ganondorf.. If only that was a thing.

@ 4 hours and 54 minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/334757291

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you're a good man renth.

3 years in you'll start pushing buttons with fox, wondering why you didn't do this earlier.

but yeah ganon can do some things sometimes when people let him.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Then I remembered that Mewtwo and Ganondorf are ****ing awesome and the most badass characters in the game, and that by playing them I am automatically the most badass smasher in Toronto, in Canada, IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
I'll show you badass! ;) I dont know when im going to Toronto next but ya we'll play next time!

You play how you want to play, play with love. With love, you can unlock your true potential in almost anything you choose to do because growth is much easier when you do it like this. If you should stay Ganon, then all I can tell you is that he has the potential to do very well in 1v1 and actually win the largest tournaments in teams.

Now with that reason, some people say I'm secretly the best player in the world but I lose because of Ganon.. maybe there's some truth to that but I don't think that's the case for me.. it's because I understand his playstyle that I'm able to be successful with him, it's all about being precise and learning how to defend against hits. Ganon is combo food yes.. if you dont know how to defend against every move in the game. It's not hopeless, you can always mix it up with CCing at low % to also doing SDI hits to avoid combos and then continue your attacks. And yes you can even avoid Fox/Falco shine combos. With these things, timing is everything... after seeing the same situation a million times DIing becomes much easier since it's basically 2nd nature and everything can be done on reactions. You are able to see everything much easier as well, so when you know what can come towards you.. you can take positional advantage and counter-attack instantly. You definitely need those types of instant reactions if you want to survive vs stronger players.

you're a good man renth.

3 years in you'll start pushing buttons with fox, wondering why you didn't do this earlier.

but yeah ganon can do some things sometimes when people let him.
Only sometimes huh? You know.. confidence is a great tool to create your own world on how you want things to happen. I mean when you fight a strong player it's your style vs his which means you have to showcase how you trained yourself to beat him. So it's kinda like your world vs his.. and when your world is crushing spirits all day.. there's no such thing at sometimes but all the time! ;) For me, there's only a handful of players that can beat me which means generally Ganon can do anything.. lol. Isn't it?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if i'm playing this game, i'm probably playing it with pp. this is shaping my current outlook on things. not necessarily pessimistic, but i am starting to recognize where I myself am limited, and where ganon is limited. So far, i am far more limited than ganon is, and ganons limits also give him structure, which i personally like.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
if i'm playing this game, i'm probably playing it with pp. this is shaping my current outlook on things. not necessarily pessimistic, but i am starting to recognize where I myself am limited, and where ganon is limited. So far, i am far more limited than ganon is, and ganons limits also give him structure, which i personally like.
If you can play with PP a lot, you know that can mean you can eventually become even or surpass him with Ganon. I'm sure it's possible.

Top Bottom