• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I played Sheik for the first view times last time I played, which was 3 days ago, and already I managed to take games off Vwins Peach.. that's how ******** she is.. damn.. lol.

Downthrow --> dash attack
Downthrow --> Fair
Downthrow ---> Ftilt
Downthrow ---> Utilt sometimes too
Downthrow ---> downtilt ---> Fair.
Downthrow ---> Usmash

With that throw she's broken.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
the way sheik is structured, or the way that you still feel more limited than sheik?
I like her structure. And I am still the biggest limiting factor in why I'm not top level - not Sheik.

I played Sheik for the first view times last time I played, which was 3 days ago, and already I managed to take games off Vwins Peach.. that's how ******** she is.. damn.. lol.

Downthrow --> dash attack
Downthrow --> Fair
Downthrow ---> Ftilt
Downthrow ---> Utilt sometimes too
Downthrow ---> downtilt ---> Fair.
Downthrow ---> Usmash

With that throw she's broken.
She's really good at beating rusty Peaches, I won't deny this.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm not bragging I'm saying Sheik is busted, I'm not supposed to win by playing other characters but I guess things are different now.. ;)

I'll beat you too.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah things *are* different now. Vince is out of shape. Dayum Kage when did you improve so much? :O

lmfao this guy.
We still play together, being out of shape has nothing to do it. If playing P:M makes you out of shape for Melee then you arent doing it right. It's not just him..

tm

Smash Ace
The path of a Ganondorf main will not be an easy one. I can't tell you why you should play Ganondorf. Only YOU can do such a thing. If you have your doubts, then by all means end it now and go be a generic, cookie-cutter spacie main.

But if you want a real challenge, play Ganondorf. If you want to feel pride after every victory for having overcome the adversities pinned against your character, play Ganondorf. If crushing your opponents skulls with overwhelming power and grace is something you desire, then play Ganondorf.

Your victories are victories. Do not discredit them due to your opponents failures. No johns, not for yourself nor for your enemy. Destroy your opponent and hope that they come back ten times stronger, so that you may crush them once more and learn from your mistakes.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” - Bruce Lee

On another note, I hope that all four of the Ganondorf players in attendance at The Big House 2 feel that they gained some sort of knowledge and improved in any way, shape or form. Good job. :)
Damn Ian, if that isn't the manliest/ most ganon response possible. Way to make me feel bad for doubting ganon ;) I know deep down that I want to be a ganon player, there were just some times where I had no idea why, and that bothered me. Thanks for the epic reply.

I had this same feeling after the last tournament I went to, where I got double two stocked by Unknown's Mario and double 3 stocked by everyone else in my pool (Including Idea's Falco, thanks for beating him Renth).

Then I remembered that Mewtwo and Ganondorf are ****ing awesome and the most badass characters in the game, and that by playing them I am automatically the most badass smasher in Toronto, in Canada, IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
While I like your enthusiasm, I don't think this alone is a very good reason to play a character :p otherwise I would be a bowser secondary. While playing a badass character is sweet, if I'm literally unable to compete, it takes the fun away from the game (at least for me).

You play how you want to play, play with love. With love, you can unlock your true potential in almost anything you choose to do because growth is much easier when you do it like this. If you should stay Ganon, then all I can tell you is that he has the potential to do very well in 1v1 and actually win the largest tournaments in teams.

Now with that reason, some people say I'm secretly the best player in the world but I lose because of Ganon.. maybe there's some truth to that but I don't think that's the case for me.. it's because I understand his playstyle that I'm able to be successful with him, it's all about being precise and learning how to defend against hits. Ganon is combo food yes.. if you dont know how to defend against every move in the game. It's not hopeless, you can always mix it up with CCing at low % to also doing SDI hits to avoid combos and then continue your attacks. And yes you can even avoid Fox/Falco shine combos. With these things, timing is everything... after seeing the same situation a million times DIing becomes much easier since it's basically 2nd nature and everything can be done on reactions. You are able to see everything much easier as well, so when you know what can come towards you.. you can take positional advantage and counter-attack instantly. You definitely need those types of instant reactions if you want to survive vs stronger players.

Only sometimes huh? You know.. confidence is a great tool to create your own world on how you want things to happen. I mean when you fight a strong player it's your style vs his which means you have to showcase how you trained yourself to beat him. So it's kinda like your world vs his.. and when your world is crushing spirits all day.. there's no such thing at sometimes but all the time! ;) For me, there's only a handful of players that can beat me which means generally Ganon can do anything.. lol. Isn't it?
I was hoping for some sort of insightful and wise answer :p. I think everything you said is pretty inarguable. I do wonder how you can be so good at ganon, but am aware that it's possible to **** with him. For me it was always a question of who I could potentially be the best with, but maybe that's not as important as who I enjoy the most, or maybe one character would fulfill both, as you imply. Thanks for shedding some of the warrior's light.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Btw, I did improve my game quite a bit (there was even a noticeable difference from day 1 to day 2 of big house alone), as I was going 50/50 with guys that I could only take 1 or 2 out of 10 games from during this last summer. The only place to go is up! :cool: :ganonmelee:

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
We still play together, being out of shape has nothing to do it. If playing P:M makes you out of shape for Melee then you arent doing it right. It's not just him..
PM kinda makes me more patient as a player. I pay more attention to spacing, due to it being a slower game and all the brawl characters spamming jabs, tilts, and smashes.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Damn Ian, if that isn't the manliest/ most ganon response possible. Way to make me feel bad for doubting ganon ;) I know deep down that I want to be a ganon player, there were just some times where I had no idea why, and that bothered me. Thanks for the epic reply.

While I like your enthusiasm, I don't think this alone is a very good reason to play a character :p otherwise I would be a bowser secondary. While playing a badass character is sweet, if I'm literally unable to compete, it takes the fun away from the game (at least for me).

I was hoping for some sort of insightful and wise answer :p. I think everything you said is pretty inarguable. I do wonder how you can be so good at ganon, but am aware that it's possible to **** with him. For me it was always a question of who I could potentially be the best with, but maybe that's not as important as who I enjoy the most, or maybe one character would fulfill both, as you imply. Thanks for shedding some of the warrior's light.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Btw, I did improve my game quite a bit (there was even a noticeable difference from day 1 to day 2 of big house alone), as I was going 50/50 with guys that I could only take 1 or 2 out of 10 games from during this last summer. The only place to go is up! :cool: :ganonmelee:
Ganon can compete, just watch Kage play and there you go. If you want some simple answers instead of Kage's long-winded and for the most part, useless theories (<3 Kage lol), then read the following few sentences: What Kage does is space incredibly well, executes edge gaurds to near perfection (this is essential to competing with ganon against top opponents), reads bad habits in the tech game better than any other ganon, and reads/predicts his opponent's approaches better than any other ganon. Look at his **** on youtube, pick out these things when you watch him play and try to emulate them when you play people in friendlies or in tournament. Try to incorporate your own style and strategies along with what Kage would do in certain instances. Linguini is another great one to watch. All the other top ganons are a bit too old school to learn much from them.

Renth

Smash Hero
Damn, Roy, I never knew that's how you analyzed videos. I think that advice could be really useful to mid-level and even top players.

Also, when are you gonna use your ganon in tournament?
His ganon is solid enough to play tournament.

I sincerely apologize trail. Next time I meet you I'll come for you first, no johns, no bull ****, just me and you pounding each other.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
My ganon went 3-0 at the Big House when I had to use him in tournaments for a counter-pick. I was happy with that; my ganon is my dual-main that I only use for specific scenarios in tournament. Right now he is like 9-1, when used in conjunction with the climbers. I'm happy with that ****. Yes, I am really good at dittos.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My ganon went 3-0 at the Big House when I had to use him in tournaments for a counter-pick. I was happy with that; my ganon is my dual-main that I only use for specific scenarios in tournament. Right now he is like 9-1, when used in conjunction with the climbers. I'm happy with that ****. Yes, I am really good at dittos.
Thats exactly what im trying to do except Im picking some other BS character depending on the player I face. Vs Darkrain for example I may go Marth I think if I face him next time... There's just certain players who knows either my style or character very well so it's important to switch it up and expose the weaknesses of the other player if you can.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I saw a couple of your matches at big house, trail. REALLY good set with scar, very entertaining and tense. Bummed I couldn't go but whatever. SMYM next.

On another note, last time we played, Ripple didn't destroy me as hard as he usually does. YOU'RE MINE NEXT TIME ROY

Renth

Smash Hero
Thats exactly what im trying to do except Im picking some other BS character depending on the player I face. Vs Darkrain for example I may go Marth I think if I face him next time... There's just certain players who knows either my style or character very well so it's important to switch it up and expose the weaknesses of the other player if you can.
As of right now, I only know one player that has a complete psychological edge on me. Nakamaru .. I know he's familiar with the match up but we think a like, he knows what I'm going to do before I do it and he punishes me worse than anyone i've ever played. I need to play with him a lot I feel he can teach me how to break bad habits, adapt new strategies, and learn new match up options in Ganondorf vs. Captain Falcon. I have to literally change my style of play vs. him completley.

Random friendlies at big house vs. Vudujin and Nakamaru Starting at : 1 hour 10 minutes

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
So I'd really like plan a Ganondorf boards meetup for sometime next year. It would be great to break the record for most Ganondorfs ever at a tourmament. I aspire to see at least 10.

Imagine Kage, Linguini, Chaddd, Renth, RockCrock, Bizzarro Flame, St Patrick, PseudoTurtle, Pawl, BlackChris, myself, Pyrostormer, Tipman, GVice, Jbro, BLiu, tmtmny, 1233, Cho, Smashking, Qlex, and Eddie all at one tournament.

Do you all know how awesome that would be?

Just me dreaming.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can we all just go to apex? please?

it'd be super tight though. i'm actually sort of intruigued at seeing jim/pyrostormer in ganon dittos that aren't vs me. he's kind of fallen off the smash planet though, as that side of our state doesn't really play, and i think he's found some interest in marvel.

MinorThreat

Smash Rookie
Hi guys!
Renth said to come post here and since he's awesome i'll trust him.
I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Alex, and I've been a ganon main for maybe 2 years. I'm from NY, but I've been going to school at Umich in ann arbor. I never got THAT into smash mostly cause there I've never had a consistent place to practice, but it's been great so far. Big House 2 was my first tournament, where I got out in first round pools. Still really fun though. Learned a lot just from friendlies. I've been a ganon main ever since i learned about advanced techniques, and even though he's a terrible character compared to falco, ganon's my boy and I know I'll wreck **** with him soon. Ganon has a lot of potential, and can definitely surprise a lot of players. I cant see myself having any other main character.

Anyway if you guys wna check me out i was able to get some stream time for friendlies. You can watch Wake gingerly **** my ******* here http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/b/334648139 at 4:54:10. If anyone wants to give me tips and advice that would be fantastic. Peach matchup is not one of my favs, and i havent had a lot of experience in it.

I'm wondering how you should go around edgeguarding peach. Peach and marth give me the most trouble when it comes to edgeguarding. Also if anyone has advice against falco's laser nairs that would be great. Right now i just try to space myself slightly away so that i can get a jab or ftilt in. Really not consistent though.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Since a whole lot of you are doubting NTSC Ganon, am I a complete idiot trying to do anything with a PAL Ganon or something?

tm

Smash Ace
there was myself, alex, crash (friend of mine from cleveland), renth... ? (trail)

nice advice trail, that's a really clear way of putting it. I can usually analyze videos really well, but emulating stuff in matches is where I flop. I just can't punish their approach and then I get comboed to offstage, and edgeguarding ganon is pretty free. I'll post some videos of me as soon as they're up, and expect some nice feedback/ tips from all of you :p

omg Ian that idea is amazing. I definitely want to go to apex anyway.

What up alex, your mother is a *****

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
...i was there too. is skyson a ganon main? or does he just like playing ganon? and what about mundungu?

Top Bottom