• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:How to Murder Stuff:. A Guide to the 'Dorf'

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
So he's man from unda...or is he unda a man? Fromunda, it's okay, you can tell us...the Ganon boards are a safe place...

Offline? Noooooo! No video

EDIT: 'gasm...edge cancel is what that is, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it a little more.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I'd actually posted it as an edit to the first post I made here today (last post on the previous page).

Not really sure how I did it to be honest. I was trying to DI and at the same time tried to jump to do that thing where you jump as you hit the ground instead of slamming into it (forget what that's called). Since it canceled into a DJ though, do you think it could become an infinite jump if we ever figure out how to do it? If yes, it would be a **** beastly one :D

Also, my name has nothing to do with all that. It has to do with fromunda cheese. Look it up at your own risk (And when/if you find out, the story of how I got that nickname is not nearly as bad as you think...).

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Look closlier, it's an edge cancel, you slid off the edge then immediately did a mid air jump. Jekyll mentioned this a while ago, but I haven't been able to do it, and I don't think he has been able to since then, because I haven't heard anything about it.

I've experienced it a couple times with d-air, but it seems the timing would have to be near perfect...which is fine by me as long as we can prove this.

EDIT: Does anyone else get the feeling that a mod hasn't stopped by the Ganondorf boards in a long, long time?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
**** this to hell...it's like someone does this every 4-5 months...I can't recreate it

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Ugh...I'm just going to bump for the hell of it. Maybe we'll get lucky and a mod will stop by.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Bump for an u-air update and a sticky. Since I felt there wasn't enough emphasis on u-air being awesome, I added stuff in it's regular section and approach and defense. Also added sliq's info on who can be hit by what aerials on the ground.

I share your pain Gleam

:034:

Smash Hero
Up+B has invincibility frames on start-up? My friend used it go through my Bowser's Flame Breath somehow...

Smash Hero
I posted it here so someone else can test it. >_> I can't use my Wii right now.

If it does have invincibility frames, that makes up+B an automatic ****.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I'm guessing that because it's a grab, it's just got faux super armor. Besides, it's starting to be that in actual matches I get f-aired or n-aired after I hit them with it. Dark Dive=Gay Dive

Smash Hero
Hmmm... I guess that could be it. I forgot about that.

Swoops, are you up for some games later? O:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Yea sure, let's go. AZ versus Europe :p

Will need a miracle for the lag to not be that bad

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Really appreciate this thread! Ganondorf really needs help these days spreading the truth that he's horribly underrated. Wish I could contribute some stuff here, but it seems I'm not that great at developing new and interesting tactics. I just tend to take what already exists. =/

Wait.... maybe I CAN contribute.... just not actual helpful tactics....

Hey look! A half-Ganondorf head! I dunno if somebody already came up with one, but the first post was still lacking one, so I made one myself.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay guys, here is how you use the B-air.

Do two B-airs in a fullhop. It's awesome. Seriously. The first B-air strikes in the air, but if you buffer another B-air after that one ends, you will do a B-air that is capable of hitting even the smallest characters on the ground. Also, most people from what I've seen will be surprised by this at least once. Just beware the landing lag of course.

I still think the F-air is better overall. Just better range, a hitbox that covers more options, and more kill potential. You're not going to be using either attack that often anyway even with this tactic I discovered.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
F*ck yea!! It's a half-a-ganon head!

You are god anomilus...oh and A2Z posted somthing too...sorry it was kind of over shadowed by anomilus being awesome :p.

Personally if you want to hit an opponent on the ground it'll be much easier to SH, FF a b-air, but I see where you're coming from having it be a fake out and what not.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Didn't we already have half a Ganon?

Okay guys, here is how you use the B-air.

Do two B-airs in a fullhop. It's awesome. Seriously. The first B-air strikes in the air, but if you buffer another B-air after that one ends, you will do a B-air that is capable of hitting even the smallest characters on the ground. Also, most people from what I've seen will be surprised by this at least once. Just beware the landing lag of course.
Or you could just. . . short hop, bair and autocancel. But your way is. . . a move, too.

I still think the F-air is better overall. Just better range, a hitbox that covers more options, and more kill potential.
But bair hits behind you. :ness:

And is slightly quicker.

For me, bairs fill my midgame, fairs flank it (though an early fair is. . . like, really situational). Endgame, I want my fairs to be lethal, not just deadly; gotta put the fear of God in 'em.

(God = Ganon)

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
F-air is awesome...it's my main air dodge punisher and it has insane reach...also I use it to get up on the ledge.

New sig because my self esteem was a little low

Blad01

Smash Lord
Oh by the way, something i use as a fake-out, that can be very effective :

Dash (like a first dash of a fox-trot) > Wait > Press A. This result in Ganon dashing a little, then stopping, then Dash Attacking, and thus having a pretty big and surprising boost. It can catch opponents off-guard.

Top Bottom