• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:How to Murder Stuff:. A Guide to the 'Dorf'

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
People who are smart and do ridiculous things on get up to remain unpredictable are annoying. This is where you either take a wild guess or work on your reaction chasing.
I have a simple train of thought when I am being Flame Choked by another Ganondorf. First, what character am I? This matters because in G&W's instance, he gets Flame Choke D-tilted, but can easily avoid the DA followup.

After that, I usually do the same getup for a 2-3 rounds, and then start mixing it up from there, and then start doing the same getup again for a few rounds. My preferred repeated getup is the regular stand as it's the least laggy, and lets you punish various whiffs.

I actually roll towards the edge almost every time when I'm Flame Choked near there for three reasons. Firstoff, almost EVERY Ganon player thinks that they can predict the inwards roll. Second, they rarely ever manage to set themselves up to punish with a KO move. Lastly, if they try to Flame Choke on reaction against that, I get to grab the ledge instead.

The problem when I Flame Choke people is that it's hard to tell who shares my mentality lol.

And by the way, if you actually read this and play me, don't think that I won't change my ways to mindgame you. XD

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I just wanted to mention that Wizkick beats Link's Clawshot. It kills the hitbox then keeps going right into Link, who continues the zair motion.

He might be able to hit you with the second box of the Clawshot; I couldn't be sure on my own.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I might start a section about Gerudo tech chasing called "Preventing Their Freedom" or "Crushing Their Hope/Destroying Their Freedom"...or something like that. This would be something that would go in there. The idea of starting a tech chase section has always been in the back of my mind, but I'm usually very iffy to do it considered a lot of it is your own creativity, more about things that work for you.
Swoops, you should start this section about Gerudo Tech Chasing. Will be nice, cause we will discuss many things about Flame Choke Follow-ups.

Are you really planning on doing this ?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Swoops, you should start this section about Gerudo Tech Chasing. Will be nice, cause we will discuss many things about Flame Choke Follow-ups.

Are you really planning on doing this ?
I would love to start that section and get it implemented into the guide, but I never really have any time to actually do so. Between school, work, and other things, I've barely had time to eat let alone start doing a new section.

It sucks too, because I really wanted to start a good write up on B-Air spacing as well. I think I'm actually going to bump it up to one of Ganon's best moves. I've been messing around with it, testing it on shields and the like...and it is vuuurry safe. I'm not talking about ACing it by the way. Of course, it's still limited by its hitbox (even though it has like the range of f-tilt) and it's duration, but its strengths are really starting to catch my attention. Ridiculous priority (I'm trading hits with D3's b-air, DK's b-air, Marth's f-air,) great damage (16%,) good kill power, and so safe. Messing around with properly spaced b-airs and even slightly misspaced b-airs, I've found that it's probably safer than any of Ganon's moves, and a lot of other character's moves too.

B-air, even with the landing lag, seems to give around -16 on shield and -9 on shield drop at the least, it could be better. It was assuming that shield came out on frame 1, which I'm not sure is the case. It was safe on marth's f-smash. Some times I got a PS, others it was just normal shield. Hell, because of b-air's amazing stun and pushback on shield, I was able to roll away from Oli's shieldgrab quite often. Actually, because of b-air's push back, it seems to be safe against all shield grabs. Yes, all of the chain grabbers :D.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I would love to start that section and get it implemented into the guide, but I never really have any time to actually do so. Between school, work, and other things, I've barely had time to eat let alone start doing a new section.

It sucks too, because I really wanted to start a good write up on B-Air spacing as well. I think I'm actually going to bump it up to one of Ganon's best moves. I've been messing around with it, testing it on shields and the like...and it is vuuurry safe. I'm not talking about ACing it by the way. Of course, it's still limited by its hitbox (even though it has like the range of f-tilt) and it's duration, but its strengths are really starting to catch my attention. Ridiculous priority (I'm trading hits with D3's b-air, DK's b-air, Marth's f-air,) great damage (16%,) good kill power, and so safe. Messing around with properly spaced b-airs and even slightly misspaced b-airs, I've found that it's probably safer than any of Ganon's moves, and a lot of other character's moves too.

B-air, even with the landing lag, seems to give around -16 on shield and -9 on shield drop at the least, it could be better. It was assuming that shield came out on frame 1, which I'm not sure is the case. It was safe on marth's f-smash. Some times I got a PS, others it was just normal shield. Hell, because of b-air's amazing stun and pushback on shield, I was able to roll away from Oli's shieldgrab quite often. Actually, because of b-air's push back, it seems to be safe against all shield grabs. Yes, all of the chain grabbers :D.
I uderstand now man. I hope you can get a free time to make that section ASAP.

Honestly, That explanation about Ganon's Bair is awesome !
I love your posts Swoops ! Almost every time when I read some of your posts, I learn something new that enrich my gameplay with Ganondorf.

One of the reasons that I want you to make the Gerudo Tech Chasing section is the fact that I will learn new things about Gerudo Follow-ups from your posts.

I like a lot Bair but, I didn't expect that Bair is a great and useful move (If used correctly) as you said, cause vBrawl Ganondorf's Bair has some ending lag unlike Melee Ganondorf's Bair.

I'll test everything that you said, since Brawl+ Ganondorf's Bair is much more Viable.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Just added a new section! Entitled the Ganondorf Punishment Guide.

Basically, it just gives an idea of what moves can be punished by OoS techniques that Ganondorf has. I also added a small little part to B-Air.

Please read over it, judge it, and give me some feedback. I might expand on it, if a little insight on how to punish certain moves, but for now this is the starting point.

(I wish I could update the title >.>)

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I haven't read it yet, but I've got to say, I nearly died laughing at the title!

"How To Murder Stuff".

Yeah, this is already my favorite guide here.

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
I really like this guide. One thing I would add, though- if you Ganoncide (midair Flame Choke) over lava, your opponent will die, but you will bounce back up. I don't remember where I saw this, probably on these boards somewhere.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Well, I'm still not able to update the title.

Just updated the guide with the Ganondorf Punishment/Safety Guide. Instead of just punishment options, I gave a few ideas and moves that could be used to actually remain safe against shield.

Give me some feedback already people!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Don't have much time in my hands at the moment, so I'll look at it and read it afterwards.

Laminationman

Smash Rookie
Here's some stuff i know that I haven't seen anywhere else. (it might not be here because it's obvious, or I may be the only one)
1. If ganondorf is off the stge and he uses his gerudo on a character who is standing right on the edge (edgeguarding), Ganondorf will carry them down to their death. This is useful because it's unexpected, at least the first time and I've never seen anyone other than me do it.
2. Ganondorf's wizard foot has another interesting hitbox which is located directly below and slightly behind his foot at the beginning of the attack. It has the same damage and knockback as the forward downward hitbox, but it's backwards. that means that if an opponent is jumping near the edge, you can use this and send them down without flying off the edge yourself.
If I'm not the first one to note these things, could you let me know what they're called?

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
This guide is great! Makes me want to actually try to main Ganon again!

Top Bottom