• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much of Zelghandi can YOU do?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Nothing is really essential, but shine out of shield is extremely useful/important, even if you don't JC it.

Eggz

Smash Hero
did someone say that shine out of shield was practically a bread and butter technique with Fox, and absolutely essential?
i'm not going to read this thread anymore.
If you disagree you're a terrible fox player, so no one cares *shrug*
Shine out of shield IS B&B. Apparently you've never experienced shield pressure that you can't upsmash or grab

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
um im not an exceptionally good fox player by any means, but it seems like you're misinterpreting. rubyiris is arguing that being able to JC shine oos -> wavedash is essential. just jumping and shining and then double jumping to escape shield pressure i use fairly often.
bleh internet is so stupid.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if I could instantly combo from a shine OoS, but I'm only consistent with it enough to use it to break shield pressure and try to gain momentum.

But yah, shine OoS is good stuff, but doesn't absolutely have to be JCed.

S l o X

Smash Champion
How the hell do people JC shine? It's impossible for me to react that fast...or I'm just doing it COMPLETELY wrong.

PB&J

Smash Hero
How the hell do people JC shine? It's impossible for me to react that fast...or I'm just doing it COMPLETELY wrong.
i slide from y to b, y to b, over and over,but its prefrence, oh and i can do like 32 now..trying to get to 50 like the dominican players

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
JC Shine is pretty easy. I can do it with all three jumping methods.

I JC Shine OOS with Falco alot by accident sometimes, when I want to do a normal shine oos, since you can doublejump out of it faster.

Vegard

Smash Lord
i think sw doesnt win because h e doesnt travel that much..he went to genesis and didnt even enter so it defeated the purpose, he just needs people exp. and he will **** in no time

and lol thinking im not technical with fox..cant wait to play people again..its so funny how people think on the boards

tech skill isnt everything, but y not master your character and have more control with him.. there is nothing wrong with being technical. all u need after it is people exp and u will be fine

eggz ***** and silent wolf does

eggz just got second to m2k last saturday..cant wait til the vids

and m2k suks vs falco with fox..dont make m2k fox statements unless its against fox and m2k's fox is very technical..lol
You are best example I can think of right now, that are too obsessed with learning unnecessary technical/flashy stuff without mastering the basics first.

I've seen some of your recent matches (don't get at me telling me they're old), and some of the technical stuff you try to do makes you look even sloppier than you really are.

The motivation for all of you Silent Wolf wannabe's is completely wrong. You try to duplicate him and look lime him before you even learn how to wavedash properly. It kind of seems like many of you simply want to become really technical, and that's it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
speaking of shield pressure i dont get when you can ever use wd oos while you are being pressure isn't that just going to get you hit??

e.g. falco. i feel you always gotta roll. or shine oos.
It's just like grabbing, how you can always grab shield pressure if you know when to do it.

If they shine - shffl dair or w/e early you can wavedash after the dair, if they shine -> late shffl dair you can wavedash after the shine.

Usually the most consistent method is to wavedash after the shine, it's the most common setup.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i def not a silent wolf wanna be first of all because i think shiz is more technical, and there are like three vids on youtube of singles with my fox that are tourny.

those friendlies with lambchops are friendlies and im playing to learn not win.

like i said cant wait to play u or anybody else who thinks im trying to be flashy..in friendlies ill do what evrto master my character in tourny i do what im comfortable with. plus i play icys too for people like u..lol

i bet u suk in this game too.

Vegard

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about you when I said "Silent Wolf wannabe's", I was generalizing other Fox players.. and I kind of agree with you, I also think Shiz is more technical than Silent Wolf. Besides, he doesn't do unnecessary flashy stuff either

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shiz makes practical use of his techskill in tournament. He puts the flash to work and it pays off, usually with awe-inspiring results. (see ROM set vs. M2k Yoshis story)

Still, I've noticed he is not as consistent as the other top players in smash (both past and present). This, I feel, is widely attributed to his lack of oos experience and pro pvp experience.

---

I think SW knows more about spacies and their technical potential more than any other player in the scene. He can do literally anything with Fox and Falco. Mind you, being able to do everything doesn't win tournaments, but its cool as ****.

---

I think a few people already said this page had gone off topic. High fives all around.

PB&J

Smash Hero
im glad the wolf man has fixed his controller son..now come to rom

and about shiz

he went to fast1 -july o8..didnt enter a tourny til rom-march 09-got third..didnt enter a tourny til genesis got 9th

all shiz needs to do is enter more tournies because he was rusty

recently he has been playing in fl winning tournies so he says he is not rusty anymore and will borrow a gamecube from someone to practice and he will be fine

on a side note

y did eggz beast on m2k last weekend..too good

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i can do the entirety of zelghandi
in order
single-segment
100% of the time

he was boring for a while but i have new stuff and have gotten a lot better so playing him is much different now.
ive been playing mainly falco, after i make this video im going to main fox again

L__

Smash Master
Huh

that's cool

You should pass your Fox awesomeness

to someone relatively new

to someone

like me

:D

lol

and since the thread is of Zelghandi, my friend who was getting me into the smash scene told me Zelghandi was a video of your average Fox

so my controller is def broken, it randomly inputs L
ill have to put my shell onto another controller and break it in -_-

ive had the same one for like 10 years, then it broke before genesis, now it broke again
i still have the same shell, same shoulder buttons and shiet

Top Bottom