• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much of Zelghandi can YOU do?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
sw does, and when he doesn't, it's to players that have ridiculous tech skill too. You HAVE to to be good.

Anyone saying m2k keeps it basic is silly. Watch a vid of him. He's pretty much the character he plays, not just controlling them...FUSED with them lolol

mango shines OOS as much as the next decent player

Are you guys just jealous of SWs amazing tech videos that he's sharing with you? Don't watch it if you don't want to see it HAHAHA

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
sw does, and when he doesn't, it's to players that have ridiculous tech skill too. You HAVE to to be good.
By your logic, everyone that has ever beaten SW in tourny has more techskill than him.

: /

Techskill is not the only determining factor when it comes to being 'good'. Techskill isn't everything.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Anytime, any place, shine oos with Falco.

If you miss the shine d.i. backwards and laser on your way down. Stops them from jumping if you're not too close, and sets up for another pressure string.

mmm mmm good.

L__

Smash Master
I can do the SHFFL waveshine turnarounds,

the shine -> SHDL -> waveshine turnarounds

JC shine turnarounds [with falco]

JC shines

Pivots [not nearly as many as in the video though]

pivot usmash

shine -> wavedash turnaround -> moonwalk -> doraki instant wall jump [no lasers, and not super fluently yet]

waveshine turnaround across FD

etc

but the most important one

taunt

:D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
SW, uh lol is right

btw, good **** at tp3
gimp shane for me too plz

Raynex, read that again lol
"Players with ridiculous tech skill winning" does NOT mean "Better tech skill then players that they beat"
logic wtf? XD
You just repeated what I said so *thumbs up*

PS: lol euph

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The definition of scrub literally has to do with limiting yourself. Refusal to learn advanced techniques, or implement strategies because they're deemed cheap, etc.

In this case, you're refusing to learn something that should be practically bread and butter. shine oos is absolutely essential, and you cannot argue this.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
SW, uh lol is right

btw, good **** at tp3
gimp shane for me too plz

Raynex, read that again lol
"Players with ridiculous tech skill winning" does NOT mean "Better tech skill then players that they beat"
logic wtf? XD
You just repeated what I said so *thumbs up*

PS: lol euph
Oops. I re-read it.

ma bad

(you're still wrong though. We can use Europhoria's example for the sake of lol)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
you're still wrong though
please correct me then/elaborate cause I don't know what you're saying haha
(is you're referring to my lol at jiggs > foxy then note: I just said lol, because it's a good example of tech skill being not as big a factor in winning as other things)

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Shine OoS is so useful... not to mention really easy to do.

I love how half the thread has nothing to do with the OP.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I can do the SHFFL waveshine turnarounds,

pivot usmash
I need to learn this because pivot usmashes are so good in Fox dittos. I do it all the time by accident, though. :laugh:

The definition of scrub literally has to do with limiting yourself. Refusal to learn advanced techniques, or implement strategies because they're deemed cheap, etc.

In this case, you're refusing to learn something that should be practically bread and butter. shine oos is absolutely essential, and you cannot argue this.
Yea, dude. Shine oos ***** ledgehoppers haha.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think sw doesnt win because h e doesnt travel that much..he went to genesis and didnt even enter so it defeated the purpose, he just needs people exp. and he will **** in no time

and lol thinking im not technical with fox..cant wait to play people again..its so funny how people think on the boards

tech skill isnt everything, but y not master your character and have more control with him.. there is nothing wrong with being technical. all u need after it is people exp and u will be fine

eggz ***** and silent wolf does

eggz just got second to m2k last saturday..cant wait til the vids

and m2k suks vs falco with fox..dont make m2k fox statements unless its against fox and m2k's fox is very technical..lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
there are two kinds of technical

1. being able to press buttons really fast
2. being precise with your character

m2k is the ideal of #2. #1 doesn't even matter in a match.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Except that's not what the thread was about. Jesus. I just asked what people could do because the technical level of foxes IS increasing. Shine bair used to be like WTF, now its like nice shine bair, good stuff. I didn't make a thread to argue about whether tech skill is important or not. Jesus. Lrn 2 read OP or gtfo mah thread.

L__

Smash Master
Huh.

Good luck with that.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eggz

Smash Hero
why does everyone get all butthurt when techskill gets brought up? (other than them not being as technical as silent wolf)

you dont gotta downplay things hes done just cuz you can't say youre in the same techskill ballpark as him.

Raynex, are you being serious with the jigglypuff fox thing? A character who thrives on being basic compared to a character with infinite potential?

I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to Fox vs Fox or Fox vs Marth or Fox vs Falco or other characters with options to their playstyles.

Knowing youre a pretty technical player I'd assume you would be arguing that options and abilities are a good thing, not the opposite.

But if you guys want to randomly bring up conflict for no reason at all go ahead lol no one cares

ZoSo

Smash Champion
why does everyone get all butthurt when techskill gets brought up? (other than them not being as technical as silent wolf)

you dont gotta downplay things hes done just cuz you can't say youre in the same techskill ballpark as him.

Raynex, are you being serious with the jigglypuff fox thing? A character who thrives on being basic compared to a character with infinite potential?

I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to Fox vs Fox or Fox vs Marth or Fox vs Falco or other characters with options to their playstyles.

Knowing youre a pretty technical player I'd assume you would be arguing that options and abilities are a good thing, not the opposite.

But if you guys want to randomly bring up conflict for no reason at all go ahead lol no one cares
I actually agree with you completely. Learning new techniques, no matter how exotic or situational they may be, can only help you. Not only that, but you need to be able to do at least 10% more than what's expected of you when you're put on the spot i.e. in a tourney. This is a basic example, but if you can easily and consistenly waveshine Marth you'll have no problem doing it to Falcon or Sheik. However, I can also completely identify with the view that it's better to devote your practice time (some people don't get a lot of it) to completely nailing down your fundamentals, rather than spending countless hours on some obscure technique that will barely ever be of use to you. Moreover, if you're gonna go around spouting garbage like, "sheer APM vs. APM will make you lose against a more technical player," people are OBVIOUSLY going to call you on it because it's OBVIOUSLY wrong.

You're clearly a smart guy. I don't believe for a second that you seriously thought you were going to drop that without ANYBODY challenging it. Stop acting like a victim.

Also,

characters with options to their playstyles.
Lol.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
seriously why are you guys all so negative about everything
its really annoying
QFT

Everyone should know not to take things word for word. Seriously, use your heads in matches AND in reading.

I watched ALL the TP4 vids and I have to say I'm depressed (as I predicted lol)
Daltsy missed out too.

Gonna spam you with my anger of missing it even more now shane hahahah

Eggz

Smash Hero
I've never practiced by myself and I'm as technical as I am (or am not, if you don't think I am)

I've only developed what I need to in order to counter certain situations I've encountered.

You're clearly a smart guy. I don't believe for a second that you seriously thought you were going to drop that without ANYBODY challenging it. Stop acting like a victim.
I just wanted the point to be challenged, not my badly organized/worded garbage I likely posted drunk.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Angry drunkenness comes from the soul.

This discussion is giving me some pretty great points to think about.

Please continue, just keep the blood to a minimum.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
did someone say that shine out of shield was practically a bread and butter technique with Fox, and absolutely essential?
i'm not going to read this thread anymore.

Top Bottom