• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Ok cool but what about the Nair>Shine>Usmash? Is that a true combo?
the problem with any combo into shine is that it gets rid of combos from shine..
lemmy explain.

lets say you drill or nair or what ever combo into hsine, the super tiny bit of lag before you can shine, is enough time to push the opponent away just far enough that the combos from shine are no longer either possible or doable under human reaction time.

its a killer I know, I should prolly spend more time researching this maybe i can find away around this current problem.

blukberry

Smash Cadet
Can Fox do the dash atk cancel to Usmash like falco or not (where you connect with both hits)???
The fox guide said it was possible but i cant seem to get it.

blukberry

Smash Cadet
OK thanks I was confused on that :ohwell:
I think I found something useful but I want to know if its been discovered before I continue testing. So yeah its where you do a RARed Bair and then when you land, you get a huge slide. I was able to combo things from the slide like Dsmash, grabs (my bro couldnt jump out), and tilts. They all registered 2 hits in training mode except the grab of course but if the Dsmash combos, Im assuming so does his grab. Although I tested on a Bowser, Id be willing to look further into this with other characters (specifically the smaller ones) if it hasnt been discovered. So yeah, could someone clarify if this new or not.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Kheldar knows about it, but he never posts anything substantial anymore. The *****. He knows a ton of little tricks with Fox and doesn't share.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well sometimes when I fire lasers out of the air, I have landing lag, while other times in very similar situations I don't. Like usually I don't but every now and then I do... hmm... I guess it's possible that I'm just ********... If you fire a laser right before you land and you do it correctly, should you not have landing lag?

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I think that means you're firing them too early. Fox gets lag from lasers when the lasers don't end fast enough while in the air and it'll throw in the spinning gun animation.

EDIT: If you mean regular standard landing lag, you might be getting hit before landing or you were just recovering from/near the ledge with a jump... or another hit.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Well sometimes when I fire lasers out of the air, I have landing lag, while other times in very similar situations I don't. Like usually I don't but every now and then I do... hmm... I guess it's possible that I'm just ********... If you fire a laser right before you land and you do it correctly, should you not have landing lag?
Huh? As long as you fire them in the air you shouldn't have landing lag. It's the same principal as falcos double and single lasers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqwteYeXCCc

YES it's a video of falco. But it's the same **** thing.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You can definitely get lag from lasering in the air at the wrong time, and it's annoying as **** cause they can catch up to you during that time.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I was looking at it, and I believe Kheldar is right. The spinning gun animation is what's screwing you over. Just don't do it too early and you shouldn't have that problem.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I guess I'll just have to make sure I laser all the way to the ground instead of stopping after I know it won't hit.

Thanks for the help!

RumPuffin

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I have been understanding correctly, can you grab release to an upsmash? If so how is it done.

And if no, what and how is just the grab release done. Or if its automatic what is the timing.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Yes, but only off an air break. Also, this has been answered many, many times. Search around the boards.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
this is prolly known, but i havnt seen it anywhere, but if you walk towards the ledge and just as you reach it illusion towards the stage you will actually fall a little bit and illusion grab the ledge.

You actually fall like normal while in the beginnings of the illusion animation.

SO far i can only do it B-sticking, so one more reason this is prolly useless :p

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
When do you guys use QCDI? I've read the guide but I want to know how fox's personally use it. Do you guys always use the QCDI or is it not good for all situations?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
When do you guys use QCDI? I've read the guide but I want to know how fox's personally use it. Do you guys always use the QCDI or is it not good for all situations?
Depends on the situation. In Melee, I use it to get out of IC chaingrabs, but in Brawl, you probably want to try to use it to get out of things that have relatively low knockback and might chain into something else. Try it a few times and see what you're comfortable with.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely try using it more I never really used it for DI, I normally tried to mash out things and use the reflector.

darry21

Smash Rookie
Best Controller type for fox? And how to make his laser techs not cancel while doing them in the air?

Top Bottom