• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Shine barely gets a knockback increase but at higher percentages it'll knock them down on the ground. I'm not crazy enough to do it on Sudden Death so I've never looked into how far it goes at that high.
Sorry, Kheldar's right. I forgot to mention this. The change you'll "notice" in shine knockback is nearly zero, so it effectively does not change. But after a threshold, it does indeed knock down.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys.
Basically, it isn't a very viable move is it?
Better off just Bairing or something, right?

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Off the edge you should be using N-air, you can try B-air I guess if you want to look stylish. There's also F-air gimps from lower positions but I don't try those.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Off the edge you should be using N-air, you can try B-air I guess if you want to look stylish.
I disagree here, Nair is usually good for weak-hit kills, but again, those are more vertical than horizontal. Bair has quite good knockback.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Even if you had supertiming, would it be good to use the shine invincible frames?
I mean, doesn't the shine's attack knock them away with the invincible frames if timed superbly?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Now that I know more about the shine I'm gonna try using that 1-3 frames on my advantage. I usually can see when I'm about to get hit.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This would only be useful in the air, right? You would just be able to powershield if you were on the ground.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Okay, so basically, everything that was mentioned previously is now useless.
About the shine I mean...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yea unless some one spends the time to master the 1-3 frame timing, it stays the same normal shine we have. If it was longer like wolf's and have that set knockback like his then we would have something to work with.

Orrax

Smash Rookie
any guide for fox?
not to be to random...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188497

With regards to the invulnerability on the shine, couldn't shine be used to disrupt stuff like Shiek's f-tilt lock? Or is the f-tilt lock a true combo? I thought it was only at higher percents, but I really don't know much about Shiek. =/

Also, would it be possible to perfect shield->shine through the mach tornado?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Just a quick question here,
But i've been facing Pit a lot lately and have had a few times where when his arrow is close enough to me when i put on thereflector the arrow goes right through, i was wondering what these frame are called or what exactly is happening.
Cause it's not SA since the arow doest stop, and it's not the hight of fox since it goes right through his head.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm pretty sure that if Fox is close enough that he would be touching the arrow while pit is charging it, then it would go through.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Just a quick question here,
But i've been facing Pit a lot lately and have had a few times where when his arrow is close enough to me when i put on thereflector the arrow goes right through, i was wondering what these frame are called or what exactly is happening.
Cause it's not SA since the arow doest stop, and it's not the hight of fox since it goes right through his head.
The early frames of shine have invincibility, if that's what you're talking about.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Not true. Search Sonic's Usmash invincibility. Lasers go right through him. I realized my post was wrong, I forgot that they can go through with invincibility. SA is different from invincibility.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I've been adding in the SHSL/SHLC alot lately and have been getting alot of good out of it. oyu can get alot of retreating lasers out of it, plus is just turns for around super fast, and ya might have a bit more accurace with the single laser over the 2 (usually in the same places) but hey it's all in how you use it. Also The chances of the odd standing laser are alot lower than with the double laser.
lol plus jumping around like a nut firing lasers off all the time just looks cool :p

soul ark

Smash Ace
i want to make character match up threads for individual matchups but i dont want to supersede our current one i just want people to know that the metagame is always changing maybe i should work with the person doing the current one what do you guy's think.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Did anyone know that you can dribble and banana pivot wave toss with Fox?

I was messing around with him today and started doing it with Diddy's bananas.

EDIT: If no one knows about this I will try to make video.

I'm also going to post this in the new AT thread just in case no one comes here lol =D

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Ive been lurking on the thread some time now. I dont get how Fox do well against Rob/D3....D3 has the range...Rob....Fair range and more aeriel priority. Any help on those two matchups?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I got a question.

Ive seen some Fox matches, and i noticed that Fox users use the Fair to rise while doing it, meaning they gain alot of height. Ive even seen some who were on the limit, use it to recover and miracously reach the platform. How can i do it?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Zero, ill try it.

Diddy, im not quite sure, but playing a friend who uses Dedede, i could only beat him with my Fox. I found it really easy to juggle him and interrupt his attacks.

Top Bottom