• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you unlock the hidden characters in SSBB?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How did you unlock the hidden characters in SSBB? Did you use subspace to unlock them all, certain numbers of VS matches or did you use their other conditions to unlock them like for example reflect 10 projectiles in verses mode to get Ness. I use each characters side conditions to unlock them, what about you. Post on this thread about how you unlock the hidden characters in your game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I unlocked Jiggly and wolf by SSE and also ROB by storyline.
Actually, I think I unlocked many, like at least 5 charas by SSE, dunno anymore! :p

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I unlocked everyone in the SSE as well. Except Marth. I played ten games of Brawl before playing SSE so Marths the only one I didnt get threw said SSE.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I unlocked Megaman by popping the balloon in Smashville one thousand times.

But I also unlocked some of the harder characters in SSE, such as R.O.B, G&W, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff.

RumPuffin

Smash Rookie
So I'm not the only other person who unlocked megaman hey

Most of the characters were unlocked by the time I started playing :( But think most of them were SSE and the later half were through brawls.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I unlocked everyone except for some of the early ones like Ness and Falcon via Subspace. Wait... No. I got Jiggs, Wolf, and TL by other means too.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I got all characters from SSE...

I wanted to try beating it asap when i got the game and forgot about fighting the challengers... I never saw the challenger approaching screen :(

Ange

Smash Lord
I unlocked Captain Falcon, Luigi, Marth, Sonic and Toon Link thru Classic Mode.

Everyone else got unlocked thru SSE. Yes, even Ness.

n88

Smash Lord
Ness - Brawls
Marth - Brawls
Luigi - Brawls
Falco - Brawls
Captain Falcon - Brawls
Lucario - Brawls
Snake - Shadow Moses Island 15 Times
R.O.B. - SSE
Mr. Game & Watch - Completed Target Smash with 30 Characters
Ganondorf - Classic w/Zelda
Toon Link - SSE
Jigglypuff - SSE
Sonic - Classic
Wolf - SSE

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I unlocked Ness, Marth, Snake, and Luigi by playing 22 vs Matches on Shadow Moses, Lucario, Ganondorf, and Falcon through classic mode, and the rest through SSE.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I unlocked up to C. Falcon with vs. matches, unlocked most everyone else with alternative methods, and unlocked Wolf, Jiggs, and Toon Link via SSE.

I did that on purpose so I would have to fight everyone to unlock them. Auto-unlocking in SSE for the lose.

Denzi

Smash Master
I did up to Falco in Brawls, did about half of the remaining characters through their alternate methods, and then got the other half through SSE.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:evil:
I experimented with unlocking them by hidden means, fighting around 500 matches, and then through the SSE. I reset my game each time so I can say that I unlocked them all straight up. But my favorite way was through the SSE. Just seeing how people from different worlds and back grounds can come together to fight for a common good... why can't Humanity be like that? Wretched humans don't deserve to live if even the electronic characters can get along better than they do... foolish flesh-puppets.
:evil:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I unlocked them all by SSE since that was the first thing I did when I booted up the game and played for 20 hours continuously as by then I thought "OMG ADVENTURE MODE!!".So yeah...

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I thought of doing that too,but it would have been too time consuming and boring(not to mention tiring).SSE was better as it had something different than pressing A continuously for 2 hours(or more)
OT:You broke the color chain!BURN!!

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
SSE for everyone except the characters that had to be found separately (Toon Link, Jigglypuff, etc.)

peeup

Smash Lord
SSE for everybody except sonic, TL, and jiggz. I was so eager to get sonic that I just rushed in to get him, and I forget how I got TL and jiggz.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Everything in SSE. I felt too lazy to figure out all the ways to unlock everybody, and I only wanted one specific character.

Jookey

Smash Rookie
When I first got the game at the midnight release, me and my buddy did 5 VS brawls for fun and got Ness. Then we did SSE and got most others.

Afterwards I got Wolf by going back to the ruins stage. Toon Link from Classic and Jigglypuff from 20 Event Matches.

I found it funny that Jigglypuff was actually the last character I got, instead of the first :O

Krendall

Smash Rookie
I unlocked Marth, Luigi, and Sonic through Classic and Snake through Shadow Moses Island. All the others I just played SSE.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Some post on gamefaqs that gave a fast method to unlocking a lot of things.

Giga Falco

Smash Rookie
When SSBB was newly released, I head straight toward the adventure mode, the SSE. I unlocked the whole roster from it. Played the SSE and finished it before I did anything else in SSBB.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I got Ness, Marth, and Snake regularly for starters, since they were easy and quick to unlock. Then I went to SSE for everyone else. :D

Top Bottom