• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you unlock the hidden characters in SSBB?

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Beat the SSE and found whatever was left in one sitting :p

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
I played Classic as soon as I got the game, and unlocked Captain Falcon there. All the other characters I unlocked through the SSE(besides Snake, who I played 15 matches on Shadow Moses to get, because I couldn't wait to play as him!)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I played the SSE all the way through. It was the easiest thing to do for me, I didn't want to play too many Brawl's to unlock a character, lol. ♥

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Combination of SSE and regular brawls... it was so long ago, I can't remember the specifics. Sorry =(

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
went to event mode...

went to stamina...

activated flower

put everyone on 1% aside from myself

and just sat there constantly pressing start...while watching a cavs game...randomly checking to see if my fight came up...

finished in a hour...

Pho

Smash Journeyman
went to event mode...

went to stamina...

activated flower

put everyone on 1% aside from myself

and just sat there constantly pressing start...while watching a cavs game...randomly checking to see if my fight came up...

finished in a hour...
That's what I did at my work, except I had a rapid fire controller for start, so I never had to push start.

sammy p

Smash Lord
as much as i didnt WANT to, i unlocked every character through the SSE as well...... i was too lazy to start back ovr after that as well....

Matt07

Smash Master
I actually unlocked a majority of the characters through Vs Mode. Except for the last few, Jigglypuff, Wolf, Sonic, and Toon Link, and probably a few others but I forget.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There are hidden characters in SSBB?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I used the regular conditions to unlock the characters, only because I wanted to see where you'd have to fight them. I would've never thought of Final Destination as Ganondorf's home stage otherwise.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
First I completed SSE, then went for the fastest way to unlock the rest of the cast. I was with a bunch of friends taking turns to unlock everything as fast as possible to be able to brawl the rest of the week end.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I used the regular conditions to unlock the characters, only because I wanted to see where you'd have to fight them. I would've never thought of Final Destination as Ganondorf's home stage otherwise.
Wow...that is dedication. I would hate spending my time with a repetiton of 1-stock suicide.

Anyway, I used the SSE to unlock what I could. I just play the game nice and pleasantly like most other games.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea mostly subspace, i think i got a few by number of vs matches playing with my friends all night when i first got it

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Wow...that is dedication. I would hate spending my time with a repetiton of 1-stock suicide.

Anyway, I used the SSE to unlock what I could. I just play the game nice and pleasantly like most other games.
You thought I was talking about playing enough Vs. Matches to get the challenges, right? Actually, the regular methods of unlocking the characters is without collecting all those Vs. Matches or unlocking them in Emissary. The regular methods are like those in Smash Bros 1. For example, the regular method of unlocking Ganondorf is beating Classic Mode on Hard using either Link, Zelda, or Sheik.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
Wow, I got Brawl on release date, so I don't remember how I got every character exactly, but here goes what I remember:

I got Ness through the reflecting 10 projectiles thing, Luigi and Marth through Vs. Matches, Snake by playing on Shadow Moses Island a number of times, and Ganondorf by playing Classic on hard with Sheik I think. Everyone else except Toon Link was unlocked through SSE. Toon Link was gotten by beating Classic after beating SSE. I remember Toon Link being the hardest character for me to unlock.

Top Bottom