• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can Anyone Believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIDS

Smash Lord
you are double wrong. the jews use the entire old testament, plus several books that are not in the christian bible. its the jews that wrote the prophecies in isaiah, ezekiel, jeremiah, etc. they still use those prophecies to look for the messiah today.

and the bible is not very accurate at all. the most accurate parts are the detailings of wars amongst the hebrews and the successions of kings. there is also virtually NO evidence that jesus ever lived in the first place. what little evidence there is actually comes from the obvious mistakes and blunders that gospel writers made.

daniel 4:10-11 gives a flat earth. a tree that can see the entire earth can only exist if the earth is either flat or on the INSIDE of a sphere. most ancient peoples thought the earth was flat, and the jews are no exception.
but the jews pretty much revolve around the first 5 books

“‘While I was lying in my bed, this is what I dreamed. I saw a large tree in the middle of the earth. 11 The tree grew very tall and strong, reaching high into the heavens, for all the world to see.

this is not saying flat earth.

this could be taken as a tree "to the heavens, for all the earth to see"

snex

Smash Master
worst statement ever, starting in the new testimate is where it is at.
i notice you didnt answer my question. should i take that to mean that no, you have not read the bible?

if you havent read the bible, then how do you know that jesus fulfilled any prophecies?

the most famously cited prophecy of jesus is in isaiah 7:14. read the entire 7th chapter of isaiah and tell me if that could possibly be referring to jesus.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
but the jews pretty much revolve around the first 5 books

“‘While I was lying in my bed, this is what I dreamed. I saw a large tree in the middle of the earth. 11 The tree grew very tall and strong, reaching high into the heavens for all the world to see.

this is not saying flat earth.

this could be taken as a tree "to the heavens for all the earth to see"
You can't see this tree from the opposite side of the Earth, no matter how tall this tree gets.

~L~

Smash Cadet
What if those invisible pink unicorns decide whether or not we go to heaven or hell? That claim is just as valid as your claim that God exists and makes that decision.
I suppose I'll have to accept that,as I can not prove otherwise. But time is on God's side. The word of God is very old. The pink unicorn that is floating above your head isn't.

@at snex:those verses you describe are analogies to descibe that God is all-seeing.
It says in Jermiah(I'm very certain it says it there,but maybe it was Proverbs) The world is round. I'd look it up but I don't have time. Not everything in the Bible is literal.

Also,wasn't that "prophesy"of Muhamed written after he was born?

What blunders of the Gospels are you speaking of? I see none.

AIDS

Smash Lord
i notice you didnt answer my question. should i take that to mean that no, you have not read the bible?

if you havent read the bible, then how do you know that jesus fulfilled any prophecies?

the most famously cited prophecy of jesus is in isaiah 7:14. read the entire 7th chapter of isaiah and tell me if that could possibly be referring to jesus.
i do read it, aswell it is not saying she will name him, it is saying call him that, as in she will call him, "god is with us" This chapter does not turn down Jesus at all, please state clearly your arguement.

Aesir

Smash Master
- global flood is not possible.
- no evidence of noah's arc
- great deluge story is clearly not possible.
- Moses parting the red sea.
- the destruction of many cities when archeological evidence suggests they were never destroyed except thousands of years later.
- the 40 year cross of the desert, amazing 40 years? and they never left anything behind? furthermore it wouldn't have taken very long to cross the desert.

All I can think off of the top of my head. Thats just the OT though, there are many more in the NT

- Slaughter of the innocents never happened
- a virgin birth is biologically impossible.
- turning in Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, the use of silver was long abolished before the time of christ.
- the gospel makes account that Jesus was crucified next to two thieves or men. However the Romans only crucified rebels and insurrectionists.
- When Jesus dies they make mention there were massive earthquakes and people rose from their tombs. However if this was the case we would have it written down somewhere. I dunno about you, but if I saw dead people walking around I would make mention of it too.

snex

Smash Master
i do read it, aswell it is not saying she will name him, it is saying call him that, as in she will call him, "god is with us" This chapter does not turn down Jesus at all, please state clearly your arguement.
did you read the entire CHAPTER, not just the verse? if you did, youd realize that this cannot possibly be about jesus.

~L~: if you are going to claim that obvious references to a flat earth are just poetic or metaphorical, then how do you know that obvious references to jesus rising from the dead are also not poetic or metaphorical? once you start denying a literal interpretation in one place, you cant just leave it at that. you have to reexamine the rest too.

and it is isaiah that you are thinking of, but isaiah says the earth is a CIRCLE, and circles are flat. there are many words in ancient hebrew that could have accurately described the real shape of the earth, but isaiah chose "circle." why would he do this unless he thought the earth was a flat disc?

in addition to what aesir wrote:

heres one for you: all the prophecies say that jesus would be dead in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights, and would rise from the dead after that. but was he? he died on friday afternoon, so he was in the tomb friday night (1 night, 0 days), saturday day and night (2 nights, 1 day), and rose sunday morning (2 nights, 1 day). even if we are generous and count friday as a day and sunday as a day, that still only gives us 2 nights and 3 days. prophecy fails!

AIDS

Smash Lord
point out verses to support your statement, i don't know every single verse of the bible

global flood is possable! haha look at the news!
i heard they actually might have found it in some underground ice the other day(noahs arc) my friend told me she saw an article.
a virgin birth impossable with a God who has no limits.....wow man makes sence i guess....

i suported my statements of proof, but no i am getting statements that say ":why is there no proof of this?"
I think I should be recieving statements that you feel disprove, not lack of proof.

snex

Smash Master
point out verses to support your statement, i don't know every single verse of the bible

global flood is possable! haha look at the news!
i heard they actually might have found it in some underground ice the other day(noahs arc) my friend told me she saw an article.
a virgin birth impossable with a God who has no limits.....wow man makes sence i guess....
isaiah 7 is about king ahaz and the surrounding nations conspiring to attack him. ahaz and the jews are worried because they know they are going to get ken-comboed if they go to war. so god sends isaiah to say that no, the jews will win if they fight. ahaz doesnt believe him so isaiah says god will send a sign, a virgin giving birth to a boy who will become the king of assyria. for this prophecy to make sense, the kid must be born while ahaz is the king. ahaz was king centuries before jesus was ever born, so this cannot be referring to jesus. jesus also never became the king of assyria.

about the earth flooding: there is simply not enough water to cover the entire planet. even if all the ice melted you would still have vast amounts of land exposed. you also cant look to water vapor in the air. if the missing water were in the air, the atmosphere would be several times thicker than it is now, causing the earth to heat up so much that we would all burn to death (not to mention the pressure crushing us instantly). the amount of water you need simply isnt there.

AIDS

Smash Lord
isaiah 7 is about king ahaz and the surrounding nations conspiring to attack him. ahaz and the jews are worried because they know they are going to get ken-comboed if they go to war. so god sends isaiah to say that no, the jews will win if they fight. ahaz doesnt believe him so isaiah says god will send a sign, a virgin giving birth to a boy who will become the king of assyria. for this prophecy to make sense, the kid must be born while ahaz is the king. ahaz was king centuries before jesus was ever born, so this cannot be referring to jesus. jesus also never became the king of assyria.

about the earth flooding: there is simply not enough water to cover the entire planet. even if all the ice melted you would still have vast amounts of land exposed. you also cant look to water vapor in the air. if the missing water were in the air, the atmosphere would be several times thicker than it is now, causing the earth to heat up so much that we would all burn to death (not to mention the pressure crushing us instantly). the amount of water you need simply isnt there.
God is known to be king to all believers. What verse supports it in that exact time for his coming? I am in a rush i want to try to get as much down as i can before i have to go.

and as i said before, a god with no limits, a god who made this whole plannete can make there be enough water easy.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
God is known to be king to all believers, aswell what verse supports it in that exact time, i am in a rush i want to try to get as much down as i can before i have to go.

and as i said before, a god with no limits, a god who made this whole plannete can make there be enough water easy.
This is assuming God exists, which you haven't proven.

snex

Smash Master
God is known to be king to all believers. What verse supports it in that exact time for his coming? I am in a rush i want to try to get as much down as i can before i have to go.
if the virgin gives birth centuries after ahaz is dead, how is this a sign to show ahaz that god is going to help him win the war? for it to be a sign to ahaz, ahaz has to be alive to see it, and then send his armies to war.

but why would god do this? it makes no sense for him to just make water disappear with no trace whatsoever. what would the point be? and water isnt the only problem. the entire geological record denies the possibility of a worldwide flood. if a single worldwide flood happened 4500 years ago, it would be obvious in the rocks. but it is not. there are hundreds upon hundreds of rock layers going miles into the earth, and many could not have been laid down by water. just last week i was in las vegas, and there are petrified sand dunes out there. how can you possibly have petrified sand dunes form if theyre under water??

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yes but it makes your arguement invalid then, that statement proves nothing
Which argument does my statement invalidate? I never argued for the existence of God.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else noticed, but JohnTheGalactic had the same avatar...

Aesir

Smash Master
Aids: burden of proof rests on you first of all, not us.

Also there's no evidence of a flood every happening, global flood would have had devastating effects on the polar ice caps would have been afloat, there's no way they would have been brought back to their original placing on the earth with a global flood.

During the flood other cultures were thriving, the great pyramids were built long before the flood, stone henge was built during it. Both these people make no mention of a global flood.

AIDS

Smash Lord
if the virgin gives birth centuries after ahaz is dead, how is this a sign to show ahaz that god is going to help him win the war? for it to be a sign to ahaz, ahaz has to be alive to see it, and then send his armies to war.

but why would god do this? it makes no sense for him to just make water disappear with no trace whatsoever. what would the point be? and water isnt the only problem. the entire geological record denies the possibility of a worldwide flood. if a single worldwide flood happened 4500 years ago, it would be obvious in the rocks. but it is not. there are hundreds upon hundreds of rock layers going miles into the earth, and many could not have been laid down by water. just last week i was in las vegas, and there are petrified sand dunes out there. how can you possibly have petrified sand dunes form if theyre under water??
ok i gotta go like now, so i leave you with thi untill my return, The bible is somthing that if you seek god, you will find his answers, if you are against god, you will find nothing but reason to reject the idea, this is somthing that is very true. I personally have my experience in the new testimate, and if you don't know the new testimate, the old testimate will make almost no sence to you.

If you wish to target me in general i have read recently all of 1 corinthians and im starting acts.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
ok i gotta go like now, so i leave you with thi untill my return, The bible is somthing that if you seek god, you will find his answers, if you are against god, you will find nothing but reason to reject the idea, this is somthing that is very true. I personally have my experience in the new testimate, and if you don't know the new testimate, the old testimate will make almost no sence to you.
Time to read the Bible with God looking over my shoulder. I sure hope I find something that I wouldn't have found had I read it without believing in God. I wonder if one of those decoder rings you get in cereal boxes will help?

~L~

Smash Cadet
did you read the entire CHAPTER, not just the verse? if you did, youd realize that this cannot possibly be about jesus.

~L~: if you are going to claim that obvious references to a flat earth are just poetic or metaphorical, then how do you know that obvious references to jesus rising from the dead are also not poetic or metaphorical? once you start denying a literal interpretation in one place, you cant just leave it at that. you have to reexamine the rest too.

Then let it be re-examined.

and it is isaiah that you are thinking of, but isaiah says the earth is a CIRCLE, and circles are flat. there are many words in ancient hebrew that could have accurately described the real shape of the earth, but isaiah chose "circle." why would he do this unless he thought the earth was a flat disc?
I do not know why he would have chosen the circle,are you certain that is correct?
in addition to what aesir wrote:

heres one for you: all the prophecies say that jesus would be dead in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights, and would rise from the dead after that. but was he? he died on friday afternoon, so he was in the tomb friday night (1 night, 0 days), saturday day and night (2 nights, 1 day), and rose sunday morning (2 nights, 1 day). even if we are generous and count friday as a day and sunday as a day, that still only gives us 2 nights and 3 days. prophecy fails!
Are those scriptural prophesies?
This is assuming God exists, which you haven't proven.
You haven't disproven God exists either. Why is the burden of proof on Christians? Christianity is much older than Evolution. So it seems to me it is you who is making the claim not Christains.

Some scriptures have more than one meaning. I can't get my Bible out,and look over the passage as I'm short on time.

He did this to pass judgement on all of earth for neglecting Him. This flood happened 1000's of years ago. Those layers maybe "newer". And why can't water make petrified sand dunes if there is enough pressure?

What I have stated is highlighted in yellow.

EDIT: how do you know where the ice caps originally were? Also,how do you know the water didn't re-freeze over the poles,creating "new" arctic ice-caps?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
You haven't disproven God exists either. Why is the burden of proof on Christians? Christianity is much older than Evolution. So it seems it is you who is making the claim not Christains.
When did evolution come into play? There is a lot of evidence supporting the theory of evolution, and I trust that evidence much more than a thick book that people claim to be the word of God.

The claim is that God exists. I am not making this claim, you are. Where is the proof?

~L~

Smash Cadet
When did evolution come into play? There is a lot of evidence supporting the theory of evolution, and I trust that evidence much more than a thick book that people claim to be the word of God.

The claim is that God exists. I am not making this claim, you are. Where is the proof?
I apologize,that wasn't logical at all. The rest of that statement is valid.
The op,being the first poster,and therefore making the claim, claimed God doesn't exist. Those who support the op must give evidence why He doesn't.

...how annyoing. It seems I must leave for now. I'll be back in a few hours.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Global Flood:

The Grand Canyon is a deep hold in the ground where you can see some fascinating things. For example, you can see rocks which are up to 500 million years old. And yet there is no indication of any kind of global flood in the last 5000 years or so.

The bible is just simply not a credible source of information. Plain and simple. It says not only contradictory things, but just plain ridiculous things that expose the writers lack of knowledge.

Try looking here for a decent list of some.

Still, I have yet to see any reason to believe in the christian god as opposed to the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The op,being the first poster,and therefore making the claim, claimed God doesn't exist. Those who support the op must give evidence why He doesn't.

...how annyoing. It seems I must leave for now. I'll be back in a few hours.
That argument has been used constantly and it is NOT a strong argument. Give me evidence why the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist. If you want to present an idea, we shouldn't have to disprove it, rather, the one who presented the idea should have the evidence to support the idea. I could present the idea that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists without having to evidence to back it up, does that mean it's possible a Flying Spaghetti Monster exists because you can't disprove it? Of course it doesn't, so why is it any different for God? How annoying indeed.

Aesir

Smash Master
Opening post isn't claiming god doesn't exists, he's asking the question how can anyone believe in god. Furthermore in a debate when someone says something exists it's usually their job to explain why. Why should it be our job to disprove it?

how do you know where the ice caps originally were? Also,how do you know the water didn't re-freeze over the poles,creating "new" arctic ice-caps?
Science it's an amazing thing.

Core Samples none of the core samples hint to anything you're suggesting. Furthermore that still doesn't prove why no other cultures mention this global flood during their time of flourishing which the flood presumable struck.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
By presenting proof that God doesn't exist, we are attempting to disprove God's existence. The correct term is not "Burden of disproof", it is "Burden of proof". Saying that I cannot disprove God's existence is not enough, there needs to be proof of God's existence.

~L~

Smash Cadet
Global Flood:

The Grand Canyon is a deep hold in the ground where you can see some fascinating things. For example, you can see rocks which are up to 500 million years old. And yet there is no indication of any kind of global flood in the last 5000 years or so.

The bible is just simply not a credible source of information. Plain and simple. It says not only contradictory things, but just plain ridiculous things that expose the writers lack of knowledge.

Try looking here for a decent list of some.

Still, I have yet to see any reason to believe in the christian god as opposed to the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Or you could say,many thousands of years ago, the global flood carved through a mountain range and set down millions of layers of debris fairly quickly. How do you know the rocks are 5million years old BTW?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Or you could say,many thousands of years ago, the global flood carved through a mountain range and set down millions of layers of debris fairly quickly. How do you know the rocks are 5million years old BTW?
Radiometric Dating.

OH BUT WAIT, that science must not be accurate because rocks can't be over 6000 years old!

BFDD

Smash Apprentice
You can't trust radiometric dating because god had to make sure that the rocks would read that age. Otherwise we would see the flood did happen and it would be proof he exists. He is all powerful he is really good at covering his tracks. Just read the bible it clearly says that god is always right and all powerful, and the bible has to be right because god wrote it.

Now excuse me the pink unicorns are telling be to write a story about them. Then in a couple hundred years nobody can deny their existence because a really old book says they exist. I will also be sure to write 2+2=4 in the book because if part of it is correct we must believe the whole thing.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Altho your sarcasm holds true, that was a little unnecessary.
Straight reasoning has no effect. I felt his post conveyed just how ridiculous all of it sounds to those of us who don't have as much faith.

BFDD

Smash Apprentice
I usually avoid comments that come off as an attack, but like Variola said sometimes things have to be said in a not very nice way to point out the ridiculousness. Though that gives me an idea for a new topic.

snex

Smash Master

If you wish to target me in general i have read recently all of 1 corinthians and im starting acts.
this is just not true. i was raised catholic, and i genuinely wanted to read the bible and learn about all the stories about jesus, the prophets, the apostles, etc. but the more i read, the less sense things made. i didnt read hoping to discredit it, i read hoping to gain a greater understanding of it. if you HONESTLY read the bible without bringing your biases to the table, you will see that a lot that your pastors/ministers/priests tell you are flat out lies.

~L~ please learn to close your quotes correctly.

~L~ said:
I do not know why he would have chosen the circle,are you certain that is correct?
yes, the hebrew word used was "chuwg" and it can only mean a flat circle in the context. the verse is isaiah 40:22

~L~ said:
Are those scriptural prophesies?
matthew 12:38-40 clearly says three days and three nights.

~L~ said:
You haven't disproven God exists either. Why is the burden of proof on Christians? Christianity is much older than Evolution. So it seems to me it is you who is making the claim not Christains.
this thread isnt about evolution, its about god. no matter how old or popular belief is, if theres no evidence, it still hasnt met the burden of proof. darwin proposed his theory of natural selection in 1859, and at that point, it had not yet met the burden of proof. so scientists started testing darwin's claims, and they turned out to be true. evolution has met the burden of proof and still continues to do so today. just within the past few years paleontologists found a perfect transitional fossil between fish and amphibians called tiktaalik.

~L~ said:
Some scriptures have more than one meaning. I can't get my Bible out,and look over the passage as I'm short on time.
ask a rabbi about this passage. it was written by jews for jews, and they study it intently. it simply cannot be about jesus, or even the messiah. the author of the gospel of matthew was using a greek translation of isaiah (the septuagint) and he misread it. he thought the prophecy was about the messiah, so he made up a story about jesus being born of a virgin.

~L~ said:
He did this to pass judgement on all of earth for neglecting Him. This flood happened 1000's of years ago. Those layers maybe "newer". And why can't water make petrified sand dunes if there is enough pressure?
build a small hill of sand (or any powder that doesnt dissolve in water). now take a bunch of water and pour it over the hill. what happens? it flattens and disperses. water will ruin the shape of sand dunes. the way a sand dune becomes petrified is that so much material is built up that the pressure causes the lower layers to turn to rock. the rocks i saw were hundreds of feet high and have multiple layers of dunes going in different directions as the ones they sit on top of, so they cannot have been formed within the past 4500 years, and they cannot have been formed under water. not only that, but the petrified sand dunes sit on top of much older rocks that go even further down. they also sit on a fault line which has caused some of the layers to invert, putting the older rocks ON TOP OF the petrified sand dunes. this kind of stuff simply cant happen overnight.

EDIT: interestingly enough, i started looking for how "creation scientists" explain petrified sand dunes, and wouldnt you know it, i cant find barely any discussion of them in creationist literature at all! the only thing i found was an article on ICR claiming that they are underwater dunes rather than desert dunes, but underwater dunes never have slopes as steep as what we find in petrified sand dunes. creationists simply CANNOT explain these features that you can find all over the western united states!

~L~

Smash Cadet
this is just not true. i was raised catholic, and i genuinely wanted to read the bible and learn about all the stories about jesus, the prophets, the apostles, etc. but the more i read, the less sense things made. i didnt read hoping to discredit it, i read hoping to gain a greater understanding of it. if you HONESTLY read the bible without bringing your biases to the table, you will see that a lot that your pastors/ministers/priests tell you are flat out lies.

~L~ please learn to close your quotes correctly.

I don't believe that Catholocism,a religion that doesn't base itself solely on the Bible,is a true form of Christianity. I'm a Protestant.

I didn't have time to post "exactly right."

yes, the hebrew word used was "chuwg" and it can only mean a flat circle in the context. the verse is isaiah 40:22

matthew 12:38-40 clearly says three days and three nights.

I guess I'll have to do some research.

this thread isnt about evolution, its about god. no matter how old or popular belief is, if theres no evidence, it still hasnt met the burden of proof. darwin proposed his theory of natural selection in 1859, and at that point, it had not yet met the burden of proof. so scientists started testing darwin's claims, and they turned out to be true. evolution has met the burden of proof and still continues to do so today. just within the past few years paleontologists found a perfect transitional fossil between fish and amphibians called tiktaalik.

Did you not read my post after that one? It's now quoted below.

ask a rabbi about this passage. it was written by jews for jews, and they study it intently. it simply cannot be about jesus, or even the messiah. the author of the gospel of matthew was using a greek translation of isaiah (the septuagint) and he misread it. he thought the prophecy was about the messiah, so he made up a story about jesus being born of a virgin.

What evidence do you have of this?

build a small hill of sand (or any powder that doesnt dissolve in water). now take a bunch of water and pour it over the hill. what happens? it flattens and disperses. water will ruin the shape of sand dunes. the way a sand dune becomes petrified is that so much material is built up that the pressure causes the lower layers to turn to rock. the rocks i saw were hundreds of feet high and have multiple layers of dunes going in different directions as the ones they sit on top of, so they cannot have been formed within the past 4500 years, and they cannot have been formed under water. not only that, but the petrified sand dunes sit on top of much older rocks that go even further down. they also sit on a fault line which has caused some of the layers to invert, putting the older rocks ON TOP OF the petrified sand dunes. this kind of stuff simply cant happen overnight.

We are not talking about pouring a glass of water onto a sand castle,we are talking about a global flood,and whether such an enormous,nearly unfathomable amount of water gushing out of the earth and raining upon it(However God did it to make it happen)would cause enough pressure to do this to those sand dunes. Which I believe it did.

And what does height have to do with it? Every mountain was completly covered by the flood. The ark ended up on top of a mountain at the end of it. It also says the world was "changed".

I quoted this since snex didn't see it.
Radiometric Dating.

OH BUT WAIT, that science must not be accurate because rocks can't be over 6000 years old!
I'll get back to you on this later.
Highlighted yellow again.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Is there any non-Christian evidence of an actual flood? ~L~ was speaking like they have concrete evidence, but last I heard it was just conjecture. The fact they actually believe a decrepit old man with just his sons and their wives could build a MASSIVE ark that single handedly repopulated the planet is laughable. There are so many flaws in the ark story such as, where did races come from? If everyone on earth died but Noah, wouldn't we all be the race of his incestuous offspring? How did beetles and ants of all breeds survive? There are ants that only live by subjugating other ants.

These two questions, either prove evolution because species would have had to evolve out of existing species, or proves the lunacy needed to accept the bible.

snex

Smash Master
~L~ if you do not properly quote posts then it is a major pain in the *** to reply because we cant simply use the quote feature. you are being rude by refusing to post correctly and should probably receive a warning.

i am not going to reply to you until you learn how to post properly.

and the simple fact is that it doesnt matter how you mix water and sand dunes. water will destroy a sand dune. go ahead, try it yourself. add the water to the hill of sand in any way youd like - the dune will disappear because water ERODES it away. it is impossible for ONE sand dune to petrify in a flood, let alone multiple sand dunes ON TOP OF each other in different directions. the only way this can happen is if one dune petrifies, another dune forms on top of it, petrifies, and the process repeats.

Vro

Smash Lord
It's one thing to believe God, it's another to believe in the Bible. Snex has supplied sufficient evidence that Creationist scientist are unable to verify geological features that counter the Bible. I don't understand how you can believe Noah's Ark is even possible.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Core Samples none of the core samples hint to anything you're suggesting. Furthermore that still doesn't prove why no other cultures mention this global flood during their time of flourishing which the flood presumable struck.
Actually, that's only partially correct.

A few cultures within the area have stories about a massive deluge, for instance, it's mentioned in the epic of Gilgamesh.

Global flood... probably not. Devastating, and covered a large swath of land? Probably.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Is there any non-Christian evidence of an actual flood? ~L~ was speaking like they have concrete evidence, but last I heard it was just conjecture. The fact they actually believe a decrepit old man with just his sons and their wives could build a MASSIVE ark that single handedly repopulated the planet is laughable. There are so many flaws in the ark story such as, where did races come from? If everyone on earth died but Noah, wouldn't we all be the race of his incestuous offspring? How did beetles and ants of all breeds survive? There are ants that only live by subjugating other ants.

These two questions, either prove evolution because species would have had to evolve out of existing species, or proves the lunacy needed to accept the bible.
Even scientists speculate that there was indeed a flood and they think they have located the ark. But they do not have permission to search the area due to a country's privacy or whatever.

Edit: The area is in Turkey, and they have a satellite feed of it. Well you see the distinct oval shape, the ark is supposedly buried underneath there. But Turkey will not allow excavation for some reason.

http://www.satellite-sightseer.com/id/11056

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom