• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
@Ozz: agreed.

I'm really interested as to what the results for HOBO16 will be.

Like, REALLY interested.

Will there be a certain hi-tier character (snake, diddy, D3) dominating the top 10, or will it be a melting pot of random characters?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
and all games have ways around said character.

brawl does too. meta dittos. when dojo 3-0 m2k i knew Meta dittos became the only way to beat GOOD mk mains.

i say ban MK simply because it will make the game more enjoyable and fair.... as long as hes legal there will always be people out there getting ****ed over by this broken character and will resort to switching to MK...... while if MK is banned and you lose to a snake with marth, you can switch to falco or D3. and even then, snake still has a chance. see, a MK free metagame would be much more interesting
I believe TL can fight MK. As long as we figure out ways around getting gimped. Generally, I dont loose to MK's that arent better players than me.. only MK's I lose to are MK's that are excellent brawl players. And they would probably do well without MK. Like infinity and dojo.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
another one of those "karas is broken people" cant even apply that to the mk situation. Bob broken in tekken 6? thats a new, u prolly think lili and eddy was broke in tekken 5DR huh?

you play melee stop bashing brawl like you always do.
yes i am cuzz its tru but i dont care cuzz i like broken **** :D and im not tryin to apply karas to the mk situation. im point out that in every game theres a char that is broken.
and that lili and eddy **** is too fuuny im not a scrub like u i play all games and i know dj ran **** t5dr. i cant help but bash yo game when yall tryin to get a char banned.

T6 isnt out in US widespread. And TvC is a 2 v 2. Karas is broken, but not MK broken as Ryu and Chun can take care of karas.

And considering T6 hasnt been out that long, you cant say Bob is broken for sure until later in the metagame. :|

Fail.
karas isnt what what what? where have u been talkin about t6 havent been out that long?

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
and all games have ways around said character.

brawl does too. meta dittos. when dojo 3-0 m2k i knew Meta dittos became the only way to beat GOOD mk mains.

i say ban MK simply because it will make the game more enjoyable and fair.... as long as hes legal there will always be people out there getting ****ed over by this broken character and will resort to switching to MK...... while if MK is banned and you lose to a snake with marth, you can switch to falco or D3. and even then, snake still has a chance. see, a MK free metagame would be much more interesting
yo ozz do u think i enjoy **** like this happening to me? do u think we should ban him cuzz he have 100% combos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZCz8Smw9e0

just askin

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I believe TL can fight MK. As long as we figure out ways around getting gimped. Generally, I dont loose to MK's that arent better players than me.. only MK's I lose to are MK's that are excellent brawl players. And they would probably do well without MK. Like infinity and dojo.
and who are the people who take out infinity and dojo? OTHER MK mains. at COT4, dojo lost to spammer even after dojo 3 stocked spammer first match so i'd say they're even in skill. had spammer mained a character other than MK he'd have easily lost to dojo.

infinity lost to domo at WHOBO in a MK ditto, most can agree with me when i say infinity is a better player but domo PLAYED the MK ditto out and won. again, had domo mained a character other than MK he'd have lost.

the top MK mains (m2k,dojo,spammer,tyrant,dsf) only lose to other MK mains. however if i were to bring up the top falco main (dehf) or the top dedede main (atomsk/co18) do they lose to people who falco/d3 dittos with them? nah, they lose to other characters, unlike broken *** MK, falco and d3 have plenty of bad matchups so we don't see dehf and atomsk CONSTANTLY on top, because they can get CP'd hardcore.

just the fact that MK can adapt and adjust to almost any situation/matchup/stage in this game makes him utterly broken.

Suspect

Smash Hero
and that lili and eddy **** is too fuuny im not a scrub like u i play all games and i know dj ran **** t5dr. i cant help but bash yo game when yall tryin to get a char banned.
no duh devil jin was broke, but there was still people who cried about lili and eddy, and im a scrub? you wanna money match me in tekken?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
and who are the people who take out infinity and dojo? OTHER MK mains
I lost to a Snake and a Kirby at Clash of the Titans, a Diddy and a Snake at the College Station tournament, and a Lucario and a Snake at FS5. Whobo is actually the only tournament where I have ever been beaten by 2 Metaknights, and one of them was the best player in the world. You should take my name out of this statement :p

Edit - Sig rule 1

sig rule 2

sig rule 3

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
well, theres another a point i wanna bring up. once an MK learns and adjust to a certain matchup, then it will make it much harder for his opponent to continue beating him.

there are many examples of this

m2k OMG losing to ninja link blah blah blah
next time they play, m2k adjusts and starts to dair camp more and now, he doesnt lose to ninja link. at BTYF, m2k sent ninja link to losers.

I'm pretty sure dojo lost to razer at FS5 and Ice at hobo 13, and at the CS tournament, i believe Dojo 3-1d razer in finals. i believe Dojo overcame the snake matchup.
theres more... Dojo losing to RoyR at hobo 11 and then beating him at ohsnap.... dojo beating roy AGAIN at hobo 14. you could see roy having much more trouble against dojo than ever because Dojo adjusted to the matchup.

you can say that roy was rusty and dojo got a lot better or whatever, but my point is MK has so many options thats hes able to adapt to any matchup and makes it very hard for him to lose to characters other than MK himself.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
well, theres another a point i wanna bring up. once an MK learns and adjust to a certain matchup, then it will make it much harder for his opponent to continue beating him.

there are many examples of this

m2k OMG losing to ninja link blah blah blah
next time they play, m2k adjusts and starts to dair camp more and now, he doesnt lose to ninja link. at BTYF, m2k sent ninja link to losers.

I'm pretty sure dojo lost to razer at FS5 and Ice at hobo 13, and at the CS tournament, i believe Dojo 3-1d razer in finals. i believe Dojo overcame the snake matchup.
theres more... Dojo losing to RoyR at hobo 11 and then beating him at ohsnap.... dojo beating roy AGAIN at hobo 14. you could see roy having much more trouble against dojo than ever because Dojo adjusted to the matchup.

you can say that roy was rusty and dojo got a lot better or whatever, but my point is MK has so many options thats hes able to adapt to any matchup and makes it very hard for him to lose to characters other than MK himself.
Just to add, to your top MK's only loosing to MK. Spammerer lost to HRNUT and ally at Cot4..

also, M2K, is probably gonna be the best at this game for a while to come. He adapts to anyone that beats him. Doesnt matter what character they play. Same with dojo, he's just good at the game.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
well im just gonna leave u with this. if metaknight didnt exist, there would be no top dominating-player-goes-to-every-tournament-and-wins type of person.

look at melee, the "champ of melee" was always changing...because there were bad matchups to every character in that game.....

and like i said, banning meta will make the game more enjoyable and interesting. even people who do not want him banned can agree with me on that one. (except the meta mains of course)

Gea

Smash Master
Marth won nearly every tournament in Melee.

You don't think Snake would emerge quickly as the next dominating force? Sure he has more weaknesses than Meta but god****. He is still miles above most of the rest of the cast.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marth won nearly every tournament in Melee.

You don't think Snake would emerge quickly as the next dominating force? Sure he has more weaknesses than Meta but god****. He is still miles above most of the rest of the cast.
At least Snake as counters and CP Stages.

EDIT: If Snake is miles away from most of the cast, MK must be half way around the world or something. :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well im just gonna leave u with this. if metaknight didnt exist, there would be no top dominating-player-goes-to-every-tournament-and-wins type of person.

look at melee, the "champ of melee" was always changing...because there were bad matchups to every character in that game.....

and like i said, banning meta will make the game more enjoyable and interesting. even people who do not want him banned can agree with me on that one. (except the meta mains of course)
Did you even play melee? Because you certainly don't seem to know much about the scene lol.

Ken's Marth dominated tournaments for like 4 years straight. Other people to win tournaments were Azen(Marth) and then M2K dominated the rest of melee until brawl came out...with Marth.

Marth won over 90% of the MLG tournaments, and the majority of grassroot national tournaments as well. The only exceptions were some PC Chris/KDJ sprinkled in the MLG tournaments.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
You don't think Snake would emerge quickly as the next dominating force?
no.

Did you even play melee? Because you certainly don't seem to know much about the scene lol.

Ken's Marth dominated tournaments for like 4 years straight. Other people to win tournaments were Azen(Marth) and then M2K dominated the rest of melee until brawl came out...with Marth.

Marth won over 90% of the MLG tournaments, and the majority of grassroot national tournaments as well. The only exceptions were some PC Chris/KDJ sprinkled in the MLG tournaments.
i didnt really mean to bring melee into this (yes, i dont know much about the scene) but whatever, we can ALL agree MK is much more dominant in brawl then marth was in melee. hell, isnt fox tied with him on the melee tier list? MK is miles ahead of snake. and xyro said something about all the top tiers countering each other in melee? doesnt happen in brawl thanks to MK.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
no.

i didnt really mean to bring melee into this (yes, i dont know much about the scene) but whatever, we can ALL agree MK is much more dominant in brawl then marth was in melee. hell, isnt fox tied with him on the melee tier list? MK is miles ahead of snake. and xyro said something about all the top tiers countering each other in melee? doesnt happen in brawl thanks to MK.
Why are you STILL trying to relate to melee when you just said you don't know much about it? lol.

You are still wrong.

Marth won much more tournaments then MK has and Ankoku did a dominance rating on him and it was much higher then MK's current one. He won MORE then MK.

Yes, Marth isn't even considered the best character in melee by everyone, which is one of the reasons no one wanted to ban him. He still won everything though nationally. The top tiers in melee don't counter each other either.

Fox vs Marth: 50-50 on most stages.
Fox vs Shiek: 55-45 Fox on most stages
Fox vs Falco: 50-50 on most stages
Marth vs Shiek: 45-55 Shiek
Marth vs Falco: 50-50
Falco vs Shiek: 50-50.

Note: I'm not comparing this to brawl at all, my post is just pointing out how Ozz knows nothing about melee lol.

Gea

Smash Master
At least Snake as counters and CP Stages.

EDIT: If Snake is miles away from most of the cast, MK must be half way around the world or something. :/
Snake's counters are about as solid as Meta's in agreed upon weakness. In fact the biggest issue most snakes seem to have is Metas, not DDDs or Pikas.

Yes, Snake is worse than Meta, but he'd still negate a large portion of the cast.

Banning Meta isn't going to magically let a ton of the cast win. Just maybe 4-5 instead of 1-3.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Marth won much more tournaments then MK has and Ankoku did a dominance rating on him and it was much higher then MK's current one. He won MORE then MK.
.. i didnt know that. i apologize for being ignorant about melee however i thought it was obvious that Marth was not as dominant as MK which is why i brought up those points despite me not knowing much about melee. guess not

about snake.....

he wouldn't negate most of the cast like MK does because of the fact he gets CG'd and camped out by several characters (not just falco/ddd/pika) and gets destroyed in the air. MK never had that many huge weaknesses unlike snake. but yes Snake would be on top but wouldn't have such a dominance that MK has... which we dont want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom