• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
He said he might go if his snake is good enough. And his snake wasnt bad at all.
he wont go.

PS: i have been getting IM/PMs from people who want to know about whats in the sbr. I WILL NOT tell you guys. plus, like sethlon and hylain said ages ago, its not what u think it is. No secret OMG this will change the world info is back there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They have secrets on how to defeat Meta Knight in the SBR. Only by joining them can you learn them.

Rofl, just kidding, you can't beat him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
F and G tier. I wish Luigi was low tier, lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
i dont know why i put luigi in low tier. im on drugs i guess. i added sonic
Mmm, on drugs I see. I guess you're BANNED from your own tourneys then.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I want him gone b/c he overcentralizes everything above all other reasons... even though it'll suck for my character if he is banned b/c there will be more d3s :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, I'll vote later.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
D3, Marth, Snake, and a bunch of other gimpable/heavies/large characters are kept out of viability by Metaknight. A lot of these characters are difficult/go even/slightly beat Wario. If the frequency of Wario's difficult matchups increases, people are going to want to play him less.

Oh, and I guess we'd see more Peach.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
D3, Marth, Snake, and a bunch of other gimpable/heavies/large characters are kept out of viability by Metaknight. A lot of these characters are difficult/go even/slightly beat Wario. If the frequency of Wario's difficult matchups increases, people are going to want to play him less.

Oh, and I guess we'd see more Peach.
And the 5 best of those peaches would place top 5 in tournys too.

Xyro77

Its FLAT OUT CLEAR he needs to go!!!

ZERO bad stages
ZERO bad match-ups
Dominates MOST medium-large scale events
5 jumps+glide
4 recovery options(all B moves)
ABSOLUTE AWESOME priority
Fastest down smash in the game(correct me if im wrong) which has good KO power
AMAZING ground dodge
Most of his attacks come out fast and end fast
Nearly EVERYBODY has him as a main or 2nd or falls back on him when losing. notice the increased meta dittos in the top 10 placings.
2-3 frame u-air that can be comboed into tornado or UP+B for low as gimp kills
tilt locks
wall tilt locks
Invincibility on his UP+B(while on ground)
DECIMATES over half the cast
Tornado that eats thru ALL shields(if they are slightly weakened)
A ledge stalling tech that is UN-PUNISHABLE if done right( i have serveral quotes from m2k on this)
And theres more im not even remembering right now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
More Peach? I'd suspect maybe like one or two more. Once they realize how hard it is to use her effectively, they probably will drop her within one week, lol.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Xyro we just need one well known TO (like yourself) to start banning him at all tournies, then slowly other TO's will follow.

Or just wait for the SBR

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Thank you to everyone who came and supported yesterdays tournament. I couldnt believe we had a turnout like that for SF4 and Brawl after mother nature razered a new a$$hole in the city of houston. We had 50+ in attendence:chuckle: Weeklies will start after Hobo 16/Tys 1. Something new I added. 2nd place winner now gets prizes also. 3rd place get "Well just ask furbs what he got" +} Results will be uploading once I get them from PNT. Congrats to JERM on his Victory . As I said the RAIN will not stop the KING!<_>!

Lol, I almost 3 stocked him the first game, so he just gave up after he got the first kill. The second one was the longest. Then he went rainbow cruise and he couldnt really stall there.
Good Shizz to you yesterday. Havent seen you play like that before. I know what it is. It was the $$$ and He packed your lunch last time/took your lunch money 5$ MM and you got mad cause you couldnt buy your chili cheese fries at school so you beat the **** out of him yesterday. LOL +]

Jerm would have loss if i was there...My D3 kicks ***. :p

Good shiz jerm...how long were the grand finals???
:mad: "NO SHOW"

Mmm, I want to see how he'll do at Hobo 16. No Meta means no running away for him...I guess he'll be one of the ones who will struggle in brackets. ;)
I dont think he will be coming to hobo 16 cause he cant play any other character. When furbs was talking ****t to him and kept saying "METAKNIGHT" he didnt MAN UP and change his character so therefore he has no other character.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
So this is the 3rd poll and the first 2 polls, Pro-ban won. i wonder if he'll really get banned if Pro-ban wins this 3rd poll.

Deangelo: is there a PNT brawl tourny next week?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
So this is the 3rd poll and the first 2 polls, Pro-ban won. i wonder if he'll really get banned if Pro-ban wins this 3rd poll.

Deangelo: is there a PNT brawl tourny next week?
Naa Next week is Trashday at U of H. I will be entering Mvc2 and spectating SF4. Have some UNFINISHED BUSINESS to take care of with the dallas players. I have lots of MM's and to prove to the New School players that RETRO can woop TOP TIER a$$ anyday.

After May 2, We will be holding weeklies leading up into the SSBB Summer Series Vol.1

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They probably won't ban him unless the polls show some large margin of Yes vs No votes. The problem is with so many MK players it's hard to get that much-needed margin.

Xyro77

They probably won't ban him unless the polls show some large margin of Yes vs No votes. The problem is with so many MK players it's hard to get that much-needed margin.

from what ive seen. ALOT of player shave a MAIN but make it thier 2nd and pick up metaknight. if hes banned they will actually USE who they enjoy.

sure we will see more:

ddds(cp falco and gg)
snakes(cp ddd)
Falcos(cp marth or pika)

in other words you can CP character and stage once meta is gone. Plus, all of you that went to hobo 12(and now 16) you have seen or will see how ENJOYABLE it is to not worry about meta.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
...Over half the guys in this thread CAN beat MKs. Its not about trying to beat him or not, its about what he's doing to the metagame of Brawl. Go troll somewhere else.
do u play fighting? im sure u dont cuzz in all fighter there is a char like mk if not worse. and ill troll where i want!!!!!

jog

Smash Journeyman
i would like to see meta banned but it needs to be done by the SBR not TOs, and here's why, if just 1 or 2 TOs here or there ban him their city/region will not have MK practice to travel with. this has been brought up numerous times, and ever one should know this.

as for my points why meta should be banned. a good meta can't be beat unless by another meta. every tournament m2k goes to he wins. i still think he'll always make top 5 if meta were to be banned and he would go to d3 but he wouldn't win every tournament. in melee fox and marth were the best, but they could be beat. hell, i saw mango beat m2k's fox and marth with jiggly. so match ups could be over come. but a good meta is near impossible to beat. take for instance roy-r against sandtrap at hobo 15. roy is clearly a better player and he does well against meta. sandtrap mains peach, but all he had to do was go meta and he won the set.

well there are my thoughts, also i agree with every point xyro made about MK.

one last thought, 2 frame down smash that is a good killer. some characters don't even have JABS that are 2 frames.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
do u play fighting? im sure u dont cuzz in all fighter there is a char like mk if not worse. and ill troll where i want!!!!!

Why. Yes. I do play fightesr. I play Tekken, and TvC.

And no, not in all fighters are there characters like MK. Leave the thread please since you dont know what you're really talking about. :/

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Why. Yes. I do play fightesr. I play Tekken, and TvC.

And no, not in all fighters are there characters like MK. Leave the thread please since you dont know what you're really talking about. :/
and bet u suck at both of them. have u played tvc or seen of good players? if so than u would they karas was broken and bob is broken in t6. i can go down a list of games and name the broken chars if u want me to?

Suspect

Smash Hero
if so than u would they karas was broken and bob is broken in t6.
another one of those "karas is broken people" cant even apply that to the mk situation. Bob broken in tekken 6? thats a new, u prolly think lili and eddy was broke in tekken 5DR huh?

you play melee stop bashing brawl like you always do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, already the votes for MK ban are 2:1 in favor of yes. How interesting.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
and bet u suck at both of them. have u played tvc or seen of good players? if so than u would they karas was broken and bob is broken in t6.
T6 isnt out in US widespread. And TvC is a 2 v 2. Karas is broken, but not MK broken as Ryu and Chun can take care of karas.

And considering T6 hasnt been out that long, you cant say Bob is broken for sure until later in the metagame. :|

Fail.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
He is right. Every game has a broken character.

and all games have ways around said character.

brawl does too. meta dittos. when dojo 3-0 m2k i knew Meta dittos became the only way to beat GOOD mk mains.

i say ban MK simply because it will make the game more enjoyable and fair.... as long as hes legal there will always be people out there getting ****ed over by this broken character and will resort to switching to MK...... while if MK is banned and you lose to a snake with marth, you can switch to falco or D3. and even then, snake still has a chance. see, a MK free metagame would be much more interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom