• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
:ooooo praxis and sky too many peach mains for this olimar to handle
This will be epic. "The Clash of the Peachs". My friend Jojo mains peach now. He left wolf alone. I will tell him to get in training mode for this:chuckle: Im willing to take side bets if anyone else wants to+}

HOBO 4 (Planet Zero brawl)
5/3/08

1: Hylian (G&W/IC)
2: Sethlon (Falco)
3: Stiltz (olimar/Metaknight)
4: Kira (snake)
5: Dr.MarioKart (metaknight)
5: Fliphop (diddy/DK)
7: CesarWTF (rob)
7: Mr. 3000 (sonic/dedede)
9: Axxo (rob)
9: JoJo

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I made like over $700 off that tournament IIRC lol.

It was too good. I also played Sethlon 15 matches in tournament lol.

Ah, the good old days when I used to make money lol.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hot ****, I think this was after that free tourney at UH, when I got 4th there. OH I TOOK OUT ROYR THERE AND WHAT

Gea

Smash Master
Man am I like the forgotten Peach or something? And I'm the native Houston one. :(

Where's my panda? I need hugs.

Esca

Smash Champion
Why are you STILL trying to relate to melee when you just said you don't know much about it? lol.

You are still wrong.

Marth won much more tournaments then MK has and Ankoku did a dominance rating on him and it was much higher then MK's current one. He won MORE then MK.

Yes, Marth isn't even considered the best character in melee by everyone, which is one of the reasons no one wanted to ban him. He still won everything though nationally. The top tiers in melee don't counter each other either.

Fox vs Marth: 50-50 on most stages.
Fox vs Shiek: 55-45 Fox on most stages
Fox vs Falco: 50-50 on most stages
Marth vs Shiek: 45-55 Shiek
Marth vs Falco: 50-50
Falco vs Shiek: 50-50.

Note: I'm not comparing this to brawl at all, my post is just pointing out how Ozz knows nothing about melee lol.
I think you two are mis-understanding each other. What Ozz meant was, that in Melee, there was no "Metaknight." Marth had Fox to go even with. Who does MK have to go even with?

Lately, tournament placings are showing a substancial decline in Snake placing high or first. I'm moreso focusing on first than high. Theoretically, 50-50 is saying that Fox vs Marth at the top level, meeting in Grand Finals, would show a change in outcome everytime.

Now, let's look at the Brawl meta-game.

At first, Snake dominated. Amazing character. Metaknight users found an up-b move. OMG MK IZ BROK3N! Didn't really slow down Snake too much. But then, the metagame got further advanced, and MK's are clearly dominating Snakes now.

50-50 Snake vs MK?

Top level Snake: Razer.
Top level Mk: M2K.

What happens in M2K vs. Razer? Domination.

Sure, I can agree that grounded, Snake may have the advantage, but when Metaknight learned how to jump off stage and throw out random aerials, the match-up became virtually hopeless for Snake.

Without Metaknight, everything wouldn't counter each other, but it WOULD straighten things out. The metagame wouldn't be focused on one character, but instead would be moved to learning different matchups.

In continuation, Whobo and other MAJOR national tournament placings have shown a large increase in MK lately, and it's just getting worse. I don't mean to bring up Melee again, but another thing is, it's not the quality, it's the quantity. There's ALOT of metaknights placing very very high. In melee, is there top 8 of 10 JUST Marth? Absolutely not. Why? Because the game was more balanced.

Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

MK sux. He's tearing us apart. =[

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Esca, I said don't use my post to talk about MK, because I wasn't talking about MK I was talking about melee lol. Ozz said MK wins more then any one melee character did, and I was pointing out he was wrong via Marth.

It had nothing to do with match-ups or anything, It's just silly to try and compare brawl to a game you didn't play lol especially when you have your facts wrong.

Just sayin'

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Esca, I said don't use my post to talk about MK, because I wasn't talking about MK I was talking about melee lol. Ozz said MK wins more then any one melee character did, and I was pointing out he was wrong via Marth.

It had nothing to do with match-ups or anything, It's just silly to try and compare brawl to a game you didn't play lol especially when you have your facts wrong.

Just sayin'
you are looking at MLG/grass root stuff. i remember PLENTY of tx tournies that were won by Caveman doc/sheik. rob$ falco. fastlike tree fox. wobbles ices. heck sos won a tourney or 2. sideEffect fox.

marth wasnt as bad metaknght. especially THIS early.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion

Just sayin'
actually I WAS referring to matchups and metagame rather than tourny wins. Melée marth may have more tourny wins but meta is more dominant in matchups and he metagame. Plus brawl only been out a year, keep meta legal and surely he'll get more wins to rival or even beat melée marths

Posted from itouch b!tches

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, everyone is doing exactly what Hylian requested they not, lol.
Seriously LOL. It just makes me sad that they don't know anything about melee :/. I wasn't even talking about brawl lol.

Xyro: Texas was/is bad at melee. Our best player(Wes) used Marth/Fox.

I'm not even trying to make a comparison between the two games though, so please stop people lol. You're arguing with a point I'm not even making.

Gnes

Smash Master
Why dont we all just be happy =]
Exactly :)

These last couple of pages have made me laugh. People who havent even grasped the full potential of their chrs. whining about mk. I mean really unless its m2k meta is okay...now that ****ers meta needs to be banned.

Also...Co18 beat razer twice at WHOBO. Lain knocked Ally into losers and almost beat him in grandfinals at some other tourney. Snake being at the top of brawl if meta is banned...i dont think so.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Exactly :)

These last couple of pages have made me laugh. People who havent even grasped the full potential of their chrs. whining about mk. I mean really unless its m2k meta is okay...now that ****ers meta needs to be banned.

Also...Co18 beat razer twice at WHOBO. Lain knocked Ally into losers and almost beat him in grandfinals at some other tourney. Snake being at the top of brawl if meta is banned...i dont think so.
Yea.. soon TL is gonna be the top of the game. Spamming everyone.. up smashes.. wait. he already is =]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What's wrong Razer? I still love you! <3

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
It's ok hylian, u misunderstood me and I misunderstood u.
ThAnks for the infraction though

Omg sky coming to hobo!$$$!

Gea

Smash Master
It's ok hylian, u misunderstood me and I misunderstood u.
ThAnks for the infraction though

Omg sky coming to hobo!$$$!
I don't think Hylian was mad/upset/ whatever you seem to be implying. You got the infraction just like anyone else would have you know. Censor bypass and all.

Smash 64 is fuuuuun. Mario 4 lyfe

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm really mad/sad right now. Any MMs for HOBO 16?

5$ to 20$ anyone.
$5 GW vs Snake? :p.

Ozz: Lol I just found it funny that you would censor bypass while replying to a Smod lololol.

You're welcome btw <3.
If I didn't do it you know drew would have hahaha.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Actually if MK is banned people are gonna flock Diddy cause of his brokenness. OHMAIGODHEUSESITEMS. I lie :( Diddy is low tier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mario 4 lyfe
You say that, but then you cheat on him with Peach in Brawl. That's why he has a displeased look on his face in Brawl. Because you left him.

You heart-breaker.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm NEVER happy. EVER. I secretly hate the world. You will all regret the day you made me angry!

Uh, I mean, feelin' fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom