• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
killik got 4th?

what the **** is this existence.
The turn out was low but it was kinda stacked and kilik beat 2 players that are deemed better than him. Pj=toonlink and Jnig=wario. He beat them with shiek. it was pretty sweet. no offense but it was the highlight of the tournament.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What made it so bad?
12 entrants (2 of which were OoS)
Supposed to start the tourney at 12, started at 4pm.
0 hype, well Kilik has hype. Kilik was the hype of a tournament, let that sink in.
Doubles loser's finals was allowed a substitute teammate.

heytallman

CTALL

BioDG

Smash Ace
12 entrants (2 of which were OoS)
Supposed to start the tourney at 12, started at 4pm.
0 hype, well Kilik has hype. Kilik was the hype of a tournament, let that sink in.
Doubles loser's finals was allowed a substitute teammate.
R.I.P. Ascension

GJ Keelick

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Stop talkin like its the end of the world ya ninnies!

Half the dudes in here declaring the scene dead didn't even make an effort to go to the tourney.
YOU are the reason the scenes dead. Because you're not entering the tourneys.

Sync get as many scrubs as you can to every tourney and try and get all these old gens in there too.
I never stop advertising because I'm Xyro'ing my scene and building it from the ground up. My past two tourneys had 17 entrants, this should break that streak.
Never. Stop. Advertising.
Get everyone there.

Houston is the biggest city in TX and one of the biggest in USA you guys should have no problem finding scrubs.

Also pros you guys need to enter. Make it happen.

Sync can host, and he can even advertise a lot, but if people don't go, he can't help that.

IMO find new venue, put flyers all over the place, personally contact people asking them to come.
Don't be a robot copy/pasta tastes terrible when you're being advertised to. People want to feel like they're wanted at the tourney, not like they're a $5 pot bonus.
You're the last TO in Houston. Go hard or go home.
Get these guys out there.
Do work.
Stay frosty.
Ooo-rah.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
I doubt our scene is actually dead. Some things have to change to fix what has happened to the Houston scene. Alan and Sync are on the job as combined hosts. I know this looks bad but there is no way our scene died completely in like the last 2 months (asc 2 was big for a TX tournament in Oct). We haven't lost the players, only players didn't show up to the tournament. In my region if stuff got like this I would message every player I can think of and ask them to come to the next tournament and maybe ask why they didn't/couldn't come.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'd just go to a local highschool and be like "you all suck at brawl! Oh you don't? My bad, you should come to my tournament!"

My city's population ain't even a million smh

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Nah scene is dead. Deal with it. I'm officially done with smash. I'm only going to apex because I cannot refund my ticket. Agreed with p4 and multiply that by a million.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
So since it was supposed to start at 12P, why did it actually start at 4 considering the such low attendance?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In general, Brawl is dying. Participation/attendance has dropped, hype has dropped, and people have moved on to other games or focusing on more serious issues. That's just how it is.

But seriously, Brawl itself has become boring for many people. During the start of GF, no one was watching...and that rarely happens. I don't mean offense to the players, but watching Denti and Sync matches throwing Pikmin at each other was boring. I almost fell asleep while watching.

Attendance in Houston has been dropping. New players show up, but they don't stick around. Attendance numbers don't mean anything if you have a low retention rate.

I can foresee a lot of people quitting after Apex. It's the beginning of the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom